DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXXIII - 11/24/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Liv is supposed to be on Smackdown, I think, but we haven’t seen her since the Riott Squad went away. And side note, I was critical of the IIconics as champs and while I still don’t think they should be the in-ring anchor for the women’s division or anything, it’s a crime they aren’t being used on TV at all either. 

Liv was drafted to RAW during the most recent draft.

In fact - she was the last person picked on TV.

So the fact that the last two RAW picks where Titus O'Neil and Liv Morgan is just another example of how bad their draft was (re: Liv this is because they drafted her but never used her)

What happened to the guy who just suddenly threw the strap on Bret on a house show, or Nash at MSG and let him have it for a year, etc?

When did he become convinced that he has to keep going back to guys who peaked 15-25 years ago?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

What happened to the guy who just suddenly threw the strap on Bret on a house show, or Nash at MSG and let him have it for a year, etc?

When did he become convinced that he has to keep going back to guys who peaked 15-25 years ago?

Benoit was probably the nail in that coffin.  Before that was probably the Rock going to Hollywood

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Liv is supposed to be on Smackdown, I think, but we haven’t seen her since the Riott Squad went away.

Not that it was memorable or anything, but they did have her pop up and cut a promo on Charlotte and then immediately job to her on a random summer SmackDown.

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - Nikki Cross was officially added to the SDL Women's team

So SDL is complete and a week out they haven't bothered to announced either RAW or NXT's team

RAW women's team almost has to be Charlotte, Nattie, IIconics and Sarah Logan unless someone is returning from injury/hiatus because the only other RAW women are champions or Zelina Vega.

Though since Kabuki Warriors are considered RAW brand if you put them on instead of the IIconics, it allows them to continue down the path of setting up the reported TLC match next month

And the official RAW team is Charlotte (captain), Nattie, Kabuki Warriors and Sarah Logan

Amazing how that works out

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think it was Brock leaving in 2004.

Vince going to the guy who did this to him in the first place so it doesn't happen again is peak Vince.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think it was Brock leaving in 2004.

This.

Brock burned Vince so badly he has refused to trust anyone but the most loyal guys ever since. Cena is a huge exception to the rule that "WWE is the star" now.

19 hours ago, Morganti said:

Benoit was probably the nail in that coffin.  Before that was probably the Rock going to Hollywood

Dwayne Johnson as very successful and well-liked Hollywood film star, was a massive boost for WWE's image and brand both inside the entertainment industry and with the global audience.

I mean obviously it would have been 'great' to have him full-time longer, but truthfully he has done more for them with the route he has taken. It's a shit reason not to try to make stars.

• Like 1

Does anybody actually care about these mishmash team matches? Way too many bodies for me to be bothered. The top title matches should both be very good and I'm excited to see Shayna mix it up with the other champs, but this card is a mess. And to top it all off, I'm probably going to make myself suffer by not skipping Bray's red light gimmick because I actually care about Daniel Bryan matches. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

Have they explained how a three-way Survivor Series match even works?

For years they've been doing three-way tag team matches with only two people in the ring at a time, with the ability to tag either your own partner or either member of the team not currently represented in the ring. And that works when a single fall decides the match, because you can't win unless you or your partner are legal, so you have a strong incentive to keep your own team in the match at all times. In other words, the wrestlers have a logical reason to actually want to wrestle rather than just tagging out whenever they can.

But with an elimination match, that changes. Now you can't lose unless your team has a member legally in the ring. So the best strategy is obviously to tag out to a member of the third team whenever you can.

So either we get a stupid match where the wrestlers are constantly running from each other, or a match where the participants look like idiots for fighting when the match structure gives them no incentive to fight. 

• Like 4

By the time WrestleMania rolls around, those red lights are going to cause viewers worldwide to have a Silver Shamrock like-reaction. That has to be Vince's end game with this shit before he kicks the bucket. Cause mass hysteria within the audience. The Fiend will probably have an Iron Match after midnight at WrestleMania, leaving every viewer discombobulated worse than Kramer in the Kenny Rogers Roasters episode of Seinfeld.

58 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

By the time WrestleMania rolls around, those red lights are going to cause viewers worldwide to have a Silver Shamrock like-reaction. That has to be Vince's end game with this shit before he kicks the bucket. Cause mass hysteria within the audience. The Fiend will probably have an Iron Match after midnight at WrestleMania, leaving every viewer discombobulated worse than Kramer in the Kenny Rogers Roasters episode of Seinfeld.

If anyone from the DVDVR is going to Survivor Series, I hope they have their BAD CHICKEN sign ready.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 11/18/2019 at 11:51 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Why should NXT win any of these matches?  It doesn't make logical sense.  They are all going to kill each other the night before while RAW and SDL are well rested.  

This 1000%, unless the NXT mens team is going to he Kona Reeves, Riddick Moss, and all three Forgotten Sons, how in the world would any of the guys in the War Games match be in shape for another match 24 hours later. Same for the women's match and all the champion vs champion matches. Ugh it makes my head hurt

• Like 2

I could argue that a NXT women's "B-team" could still easily win the women's match since Lord knows neither of the other teams is good and the RAW team is filled with people who basically have been feuding with each other for a month.

(Ignoring any angle related things on Takeover) you could have Dakota Kai, Toni Storm, Taynara, Xia and Deonna Purrazzo (this is using the rosters on WWE.com and not leaping to any other folks)

And honestly - since I mentioned it but both the RAW and SDL men's teams have internal squabbles ready to bubble up so in a kayfabe sense if NXT builds two teams that can function as a team - that is how you can do it