DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXXIII - 11/24/2019

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

the 1990 one with Koko B Ware on Dusty's team is etched in my brain "we're the survivor's oh yeah"   When they pretty much were owned. 

Yes, but at least it gave us the pretty great Bret/DiBiase exchange at the end.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

Adding NXT to the matches at least gives it some sense of actual stakes.  I could never believe a RAW or Smackdown guy caring about beating the other, but I could see the motivation behind them wanting to beat all the NXT guys who get all the praise over the main roster every big PPV they run.  It's something at least, which is better than it's been for years.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer on the radio show this morning

- The last match that will be announced for the show is Fiend vs. Daniel Bryan for the title

- Dave believes that original plan was for it to be Fiend vs Miz but the Saudi fiasco messed that up.

- Nakamura was originally supposed to lose his title (either to Bryan (most likely) or Ali) but Nakamura kept the title thanks to the trickle down effect of the Saudi fiasco changing the booking.

- No Lashley vs Rusev. Their first PPV match is being saved for Dec

I can see why Fiend vs. Daniel Bryan is happening:

Daniel Bryan had Bray Wyatt's best singles match ever at the 2014 Royal Rumble. 

If WWE wants the Fiend to get boos to go with the cheers, Bryan is the only potential opponent for that to happen with. People love Daniel Bryan. 

Fiend gets to go over someone credible and Bryan puts people over better than anybody.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

On Smackdown they are doing a Nikki Cross vs Bayley match for the final spot on the women's team

It is a little unclear if it means winner gets the spot or if it is Nikki needs to win to get on. I have seen it presented both ways

23 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I think Marty may actually have been the most coked-up guy in that one. He couldn't stop moving. 

out-coking Neidhart seems difficult.  out-coking Warrior seems impossible.

but if anyone could, Marty'd be my bet.

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Cocaine should be inducted into the WWE HoF next year.

it's a miracle that cocaine survived The Ultimate Maniacs

(not a traditional 4 man survivor series cokepromo but I mean can you really say this doesn't belong in that discussion? ? )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Remember that Marty managed to get fired back then and the other guys didn't

Shawn did also if you want to go back to The Rockers first brief WWF run in 1987.

I guess it shouldn't have been a surprise that Tully was fired. After all, he was a former partner of Gino Hernandez.

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

I think this is the best WWE PPV lineup this year. The match I'm most looking to:

20191115_SD_seg11--96d6a5181dd815c33a474

I'm kind of surprised by that. The Fiend right now is in pure movie monster/spectacle phase so I wouldn't really expect a good match or anything.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I'm kind of surprised by that. The Fiend right now is in pure movie monster/spectacle phase so I wouldn't really expect a good match or anything.

It's because I'm into Bray Wyatt's new gimmick as the Firefly Funhouse host/The Fiend and I love Daniel Bryan, about time Bryan's back in the world title picture. Hope they can channel or surpass the Royal Rumble 2014 match.

BTW - Nikki Cross was officially added to the SDL Women's team

So SDL is complete and a week out they haven't bothered to announced either RAW or NXT's team

RAW women's team almost has to be Charlotte, Nattie, IIconics and Sarah Logan unless someone is returning from injury/hiatus because the only other RAW women are champions or Zelina Vega.

Though since Kabuki Warriors are considered RAW brand if you put them on instead of the IIconics, it allows them to continue down the path of setting up the reported TLC match next month

Lord almighty, how badly hurt was Ruby Riott?  And I know Naomi is still on a semi-suspension because of the Uso's drunk driving idiocy, but damn.   But, I'm thinking the Kabukis and AN Iiconic should round out that team.   

The bigger problem though is NXT.  They literally have a WarGames match the night before, and probably half of them are going to team together the next night.   I think it'd be Team Kick, Bianca BelAir, Rhea Ripley, and IO~, assuming they're avoiding champs. 

10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Lord almighty, how badly hurt was Ruby Riott?  And I know Naomi is still on a semi-suspension because of the Uso's drunk driving idiocy, but damn.   But, I'm thinking the Kabukis and AN Iiconic should round out that team.   

Riott had surgery on both shoulders. At the time of her surgeries the reported return date was Royal Rumble 2020 but there has been no rumblings of her return yet.

In order people returning - it would probably be

Naomi (who had one of those vague social media posts recently that could be interrupted as about to make her return)

Nia Jax (at least at the PC rehabbing)

Ruby Riott (could be return but who knows)

I did forget that Liv Morgan was on the RAW roster so if they remember what her Cell # is she could be on the team too.

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The bigger problem though is NXT.  They literally have a WarGames match the night before, and probably half of them are going to team together the next night.   I think it'd be Team Kick, Bianca BelAir, Rhea Ripley, and IO~, assuming they're avoiding champs. 

Ruby Riott underwent surgery in May 2019 to repair a bilateral injury to her right shoulder and then the left at a later date.

You'll be getting most of the NXT talent selling their beatings from NXT TakeOver: WarGames III 24hrs earlier.

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Riott had surgery on both shoulders. At the time of her surgeries the reported return date was Royal Rumble 2020 but there has been no rumblings of her return yet.

In order people returning - it would probably be

Naomi (who had one of those vague social media posts recently that could be interrupted as about to make her return)

Nia Jax (at least at the PC rehabbing)

Ruby Riott (could be return but who knows)

I did forget that Liv Morgan was on the RAW roster so if they remember what her Cell # is she could be on the team too.

Liv Morgan was teasing a new look on Instagram and Sarah Logan teamed with Nikki Cross vs. Kabuki Warriors at the house show I went to replacing the Injured Alexa Bliss.