DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXXIII - 11/24/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Sweet Jesus, 5 vs 5 vs 5 is just too much. I get having the title matches being triple threat but do we REALLY need this? If we are trying to be nice and get everybody on the show, can't we do a battle royal or something? Or can't we just do a few dream matches with assorted Raw/Smackdown guys vs NXT guys? Do we really need Captain Douchebag trying to recruit anybody from RAW to help him?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What I don't understand is why does every match have to have SD/RAW/NXT when they could have just set up a round robin type scoring system ? 

Exactly.

So much story to be told with say Rollins and Orton as team captains trying to get RAW guys to join their match to compete against SDL and NXT.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What I don't understand is why does every match have to have SD/RAW/NXT when they could have just set up a round robin type scoring system ? 

Doesn't Vince notoriously dislike tournaments? I wouldn't want to be the poor bastard trying to sell him on this format. 

On 11/11/2019 at 11:01 PM, D.Z said:

EJJH2oJWkAEF2-M?format=jpg&name=large

Shinsuke pointed this out on his instagram: The King of Strong Style is facing Roderick STRONG and AJ STYLEs.  I have no faith that anyone booking WWE is clever enough to have done this on purpose, but it's pretty funny.

• Like 2

The worst part of all this brand superiority bullshit is there's no team unity.  You can't get any good coked-up pre-match interviews with all the guys hollering nonsense over each other.  Like Roman Reigns ain't gonna howl like a dog if he's standing next to King Corbin.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, BEN! said:

The worst part of all this brand superiority bullshit is there's no team unity.  You can't get any good coked-up pre-match interviews with all the guys hollering nonsense over each other.  Like Roman Reigns ain't gonna howl like a dog if he's standing next to King Corbin.

let us mourn and celebrate the lost art that was the Survivor Series cokepromo

together

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Per Meltzer on the radio show this morning

- The last match that will be announced for the show is Fiend vs. Daniel Bryan for the title

- Dave believes that original plan was for it to be Fiend vs Miz but the Saudi fiasco messed that up.

- Nakamura was originally supposed to lose his title (either to Bryan (most likely) or Ali) but Nakamura kept the title thanks to the trickle down effect of the Saudi fiasco changing the booking.

- No Lashley vs Rusev. Their first PPV match is being saved for Dec