DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXXIII - 11/24/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Matches will begin to be announced tonight, but we know it's Raw vs. Smackdown vs. NXT

Card updated as we go along.  And here we go:

FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Rey Mysterio

FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP: The Fiend Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Daniel Bryan

FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP: Adam Cole (Bay bay, (c)) vs. Winner of Takeover Triple Threat (Dunne/Dain/Priest)

BRAND SUPREMACY TRIPLE THREAT WOMEN'S CHAMPIONS MATCH: Becky Lynch (Raw) vs. Bayley (Smackdown) vs. Shayna Baszler (NXT)

BRAND SUPREMACY TRIPLE THREAT MEN'S CHAMPIONS MATCH: AJ Styles (Raw - United States) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (Smackdown - Intercontinental) vs. Roderick Strong (NXT - North Amercian)

BRAND SUPREMACY TRIPLE THREAT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS MATCH: The Viking Raiders (Raw) vs. The New Day (Smackdown) vs. The Undisputed Era (Fish/O'Reilly) (NXT)

"TEAMS OF FIVE, STRIVE TO SURVIVE"  The Traditional Survivor Series Tag Team Elimination Matches:

MEN Raw (Seth Rollins (C)/Drew McIntyre/Kevin Owens/Ricochet/Randy Orton) vs. NXT (?/?/?/?/?) vs. Smackdown (Roman Reigns (C)/Braun Strowman/Baron Corbin/Shorty G/ Mustafa Ali)

WOMEN - Raw (Charlotte (C)/Asuka/Kairi Sane/Natalya/Sarah Logan) vs. NXT (?/?/?/?/?) vs. Smackdown (Sasha Banks (C)/Carmella/Dana Brooke/Lacey Evans/Nikki Cross)

----

* - Reported/Probable

1 hour ago, SturmCRF said:

Give me a 5 vs 5 vs 5 elimination match and I'll be happy. Eight year old me would have been all over that, and the part of my brain that loves wrestling has barely grown up.

They missed a perfect chance to tie everything into a War Games match.

Hunter is building an army.
NXT roster has experience in the match.
NXT Takeover has a womens match so the men are free for this.

Assuming champs are in other matches - 

RAW - Rollins, MacIntyre, Orton, Ricochet & Owens
SDL - Reigns, Strowman, Bryan, Ali & Corbin
NXT - Balor, Ciampa, Lee, Riddle & Dunne

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

They missed a perfect chance to tie everything into a War Games match.

Hunter is building an army.
NXT roster has experience in the match.
NXT Takeover has a womens match so the men are free for this.

Assuming champs are in other matches - 

RAW - Rollins, MacIntyre, Orton, Ricochet & Owens
SDL - Reigns, Strowman, Bryan, Ali & Corbin
NXT - Balor, Ciampa, Lee, Riddle & Dunne

The rumor is that War Games will occur at Survivor Series, and Takeover will just have the one.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

The rumor is that War Games will occur at Survivor Series, and Takeover will just have the one.

Ciampa said at last weeks tapings he was going to war and it was hinted it'd be Ciampa, Riddle and Lee plus someone else -- presumably Dijakovic vs. Undisputed ERA and Regal also confirmed the women's WarGames.

Also, Bálor vs. Gargano seems like a lock.

23 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I saw a triple threat War Games match once and it was by far the worst one. 

The NXT one or are you talking about a different one? Idk, but I'd take that NXT triple threat WarGames over the one they did the year after with Ricochet, Pete Dunne and the War Raiders vs. Undisputed ERA.

26 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Ciampa said at last weeks tapings he was going to war and it was hinted it'd be Ciampa, Riddle and Lee plus someone else -- presumably Dijakovic vs. Undisputed ERA and Regal also confirmed the women's WarGames.

Also, Bálor vs. Gargano seems like a lock.

I'm aware of all that, but PWInsider said there's talk within the company of using War Games for Survivor Series and NXT only having War Games this year for that women's match.

I'm sort of confused. Why does Brock Lesnar want Rey Mysterio and why is he even willing to grant him a title shot? Now, if Mysterio himself humiliated or disgraced Lesnar, I would understand, but this whole element is confusing to me. Lesnar quite Smackdown for Mysterio and now he's willing to give him a shot at the title? Seems weird.

9 minutes ago, D.Z said:

EIlEdD2UwAAOnI3?format=jpg&name=large

Brock Lesnar's had his working boots on at Survivor Series since he returned to WWE in 2012, he really sold for Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles.

This ends the WWE Champion vs. WWE Universal Champion at the past two Survivor Series (I liked that), The Fiend doesn't have to lose against The Beast and stops this:

EIkst45WoAEaT7c?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Liking all the announced matches so far. Guessing we get the Fiend vs. Adam Cole, WWE Universal Champion vs. NXT Champion. Alternatively, both on a traditional Survivor Series elimination match.

Edited by The Natural

12 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I'm sort of confused. Why does Brock Lesnar want Rey Mysterio and why is he even willing to grant him a title shot? Now, if Mysterio himself humiliated or disgraced Lesnar, I would understand, but this whole element is confusing to me. Lesnar quite Smackdown for Mysterio and now he's willing to give him a shot at the title? Seems weird.

From what they seem to be pushing tonight, Brock avenging his UFC loss against Cain was "the biggest win of his career" and Rey "ruined his moment/humiliated him" by taking him out with the chair attack afterwards so Brock came after him, then Rey made the challenge tonight. Funny that they're doing all champion vs champion matches still except they won't let Brock squash the corny clown.

• Like 2

I assume that instead of the man's championship match we get a Survivor Series match instead.

Im still hoping for War Games.

Fiend can take this show off and defend against... I dunno, Matt Hardy at the Hardy Compound or something come December. Oh man, "A Hardy Compound Christmas" is a Network special I didn't know I needed until now!

Edited by L_W_P
  • Like 2