Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Execproducer

2ND ANNUAL JUSTIN NEWBOULD MEMORIAL CHRISTMAS CHAOS pre-thread

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

If it was me I'd give bonus credit to anybody who watched The Thing, under the pretense of it being "a Christmas movie".

This is why I'm not a teacher.

Hey, when I taught a college level "Culture and Psychology of Death & Dying," I made the class watch "Return of the Living Dead 4" & "... 5" on Sci-Fi (only because they were airing) and write a paper on their representation of how people process the aftermath of death in rural America.

Those were the most gloriously fucked-up essays I ever read.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have watched my movie!  I will try to have it in by the 10th but it might be the night of the 11th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 7:02 PM, nate said:

Hey, when I taught a college level "Culture and Psychology of Death & Dying," I made the class watch "Return of the Living Dead 4" & "... 5" on Sci-Fi (only because they were airing) and write a paper on their representation of how people process the aftermath of death in rural America.

Those were the most gloriously fucked-up essays I ever read.

Why didn't they have electives like these when I was in college.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I have watched my movie!  I will try to have it in by the 10th but it might be the night of the 11th.

That'll be fine. Right now we have two reviews and one bonus turned in so you'll likely be ahead of a few people.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sped thru mine to get a handle on it. Will watch this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey!  Finally got enough downtime during this snoozefest of a training exercise to put my notes into a fairly cohesive unit.

Review sent.  Ahead of the deadline, no less.

Now my challenge is to make it to 2345 shift change.   I will see if I can sneak RAW onto the TV in the break room.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wooooo! It's raining reviews! Well, not exactly raining but getting two in the space of an hour feels like a torrent!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm at work now so we'll get started sometime later tonight or early Sunday morning. This is the 4th one of these that I've hosted and will be the first time it's begun with less than half of the reviews received. So obviously I'm holding out for a Christmas miracle. Just call me Tiny Tim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been working on mine but I am struggling to wrap my brain around something and it has been tough to put into words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

let me know if you need a fill-in review. happy to jump in if anyone's having trouble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, twiztor said:

let me know if you need a fill-in review. happy to jump in if anyone's having trouble

That is awesome, thanks. No one has officially fallen out yet so if you're up to doing a bonus review, doesn't have to be a film. Could be a TV episode or Christmas special or whatever. If someone does throw in the towel, I'll let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still in, I just got re-assigned at work and I've had to cover almost triple the clients.  But I'm going to send sometime this week.  I've committed myself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all good. I've got enough to keep us afloat through next week though y'all might get sick of my literary stylings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling I will not have a whole to say in mine. So I will try to do a bonus deal at some point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My review should be in shortly

I am working way bluer than I planned on

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done

Now to try and finish this bonus reviews to get these fucking movies out of my head

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I'm behind due to work being busy enough that watching movies there is out right now and what parts of my free time my wife hasn't already scheduled I'm needing forms of decompression.  I'll try and wrap mine up Saturday if I can get a few hours free.

I'm sure I could do mine from memory, but I haven't seen the movie in years and feel that would be doing this a disservice.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2019 at 10:52 AM, Raziel said:

Sorry, I'm behind due to work being busy enough that watching movies there is out right now and what parts of my free time my wife hasn't already scheduled I'm needing forms of decompression.  I'll try and wrap mine up Saturday if I can get a few hours free.

I'm sure I could do mine from memory, but I haven't seen the movie in years and feel that would be doing this a disservice.

Don't worry, I'm in the same boat.  Worked picked up exponentially, and when I'm done I'm at "Tom putting toothpicks under his eyes to keep them open" levels.  I've started my movie 5 times, and I'm tapped in about the first 5 min.

My review may end up being very existential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2019 at 7:52 AM, Raziel said:

Sorry, I'm behind due to work being busy enough that watching movies there is out right now and what parts of my free time my wife hasn't already scheduled I'm needing forms of decompression.  I'll try and wrap mine up Saturday if I can get a few hours free.

I'm sure I could do mine from memory, but I haven't seen the movie in years and feel that would be doing this a disservice.

 

2 hours ago, nate said:

Don't worry, I'm in the same boat.  Worked picked up exponentially, and when I'm done I'm at "Tom putting toothpicks under his eyes to keep them open" levels.  I've started my movie 5 times, and I'm tapped in about the first 5 min.

My review may end up being very existential.

Not trying to be rude but if either of you are going to tap out, please let me know ASAP while there still might be time to give @twiztor an extra review.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not tapping, as I'm actually finally getting a shot to watch.  Should have the writeup sometime tonight/tomorrow

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not planning on it, even if I have to put it in the DVD-rom on the laptop I take into jail to do my MH screenings.  I assure you, the inmates won't mind at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finishing my write-up today.  I will send it along when I'm done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...