DVDVR Message Board

2ND ANNUAL JUSTIN NEWBOULD MEMORIAL CHRISTMAS CHAOS pre-thread

Execproducer

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

If it was me I'd give bonus credit to anybody who watched The Thing, under the pretense of it being "a Christmas movie".

This is why I'm not a teacher.

Hey, when I taught a college level "Culture and Psychology of Death & Dying," I made the class watch "Return of the Living Dead 4" & "... 5" on Sci-Fi (only because they were airing) and write a paper on their representation of how people process the aftermath of death in rural America.

Those were the most gloriously fucked-up essays I ever read.

• Like 2

On 12/5/2019 at 7:02 PM, nate said:

Hey, when I taught a college level "Culture and Psychology of Death & Dying," I made the class watch "Return of the Living Dead 4" & "... 5" on Sci-Fi (only because they were airing) and write a paper on their representation of how people process the aftermath of death in rural America.

Those were the most gloriously fucked-up essays I ever read.

Why didn't they have electives like these when I was in college.

• Like 1

Hey!  Finally got enough downtime during this snoozefest of a training exercise to put my notes into a fairly cohesive unit.

Review sent.  Ahead of the deadline, no less.

Now my challenge is to make it to 2345 shift change.   I will see if I can sneak RAW onto the TV in the break room.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I'm at work now so we'll get started sometime later tonight or early Sunday morning. This is the 4th one of these that I've hosted and will be the first time it's begun with less than half of the reviews received. So obviously I'm holding out for a Christmas miracle. Just call me Tiny Tim.

• RIPPA unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, twiztor said:

let me know if you need a fill-in review. happy to jump in if anyone's having trouble

That is awesome, thanks. No one has officially fallen out yet so if you're up to doing a bonus review, doesn't have to be a film. Could be a TV episode or Christmas special or whatever. If someone does throw in the towel, I'll let you know.

Sorry, I'm behind due to work being busy enough that watching movies there is out right now and what parts of my free time my wife hasn't already scheduled I'm needing forms of decompression.  I'll try and wrap mine up Saturday if I can get a few hours free.

I'm sure I could do mine from memory, but I haven't seen the movie in years and feel that would be doing this a disservice.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 10:52 AM, Raziel said:

Sorry, I'm behind due to work being busy enough that watching movies there is out right now and what parts of my free time my wife hasn't already scheduled I'm needing forms of decompression.  I'll try and wrap mine up Saturday if I can get a few hours free.

I'm sure I could do mine from memory, but I haven't seen the movie in years and feel that would be doing this a disservice.

Don't worry, I'm in the same boat.  Worked picked up exponentially, and when I'm done I'm at "Tom putting toothpicks under his eyes to keep them open" levels.  I've started my movie 5 times, and I'm tapped in about the first 5 min.

My review may end up being very existential.

On 12/18/2019 at 7:52 AM, Raziel said:

2 hours ago, nate said:

Don't worry, I'm in the same boat.  Worked picked up exponentially, and when I'm done I'm at "Tom putting toothpicks under his eyes to keep them open" levels.  I've started my movie 5 times, and I'm tapped in about the first 5 min.

My review may end up being very existential.

Not trying to be rude but if either of you are going to tap out, please let me know ASAP while there still might be time to give @twiztor an extra review.

• Like 1