DVDVR Message Board

2ND ANNUAL JUSTIN NEWBOULD MEMORIAL CHRISTMAS CHAOS pre-thread

Execproducer

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:18 PM, CSC said:

Can I be in, but just assign myself the pick I was supposed to review last year and didn't?  

Tried so many times to watch it but was just in such a bad place with the subject matter that I couldn't do it and now I feel like a total jerk for never doing it.  

As the person who picked the movie, I don't think you're a jerk at all, but I would love to see you review it!

It was Lovely, Still, for the record.

Edited by S.K.o.S.

• RIPPA pinned this topic

Ok, this is who I have so far.

1. Execproducer*
  2. RIPPA*
  3. driver*
  4. Raziel
  5. S.K.o.S.*
  6. J.T.*
  7. nate*
  8. odessasteps* 
  9. twiztor*

* - Picks sent.

And these gentlemen have committed to bonus only.

1. OSJ
  2. Curt McGirt
  3. CSC

Since we are only waiting for three picks, I'll set the deadline for Nov. 19th. Plenty of time for anyone else to jump in with a pick.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Edited by Execproducer
  • Like 1

I am an idiot working graveyard shift.  I'll get my pick in before the night's over.

EDIT: My pick is in barring someone else already selecting it.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

On face value, my pick looks like a cop-out, but it's not.

Bear in mind that Black Christmas has already been reviewed.

No, it's not Silent Night, Deadly Night.  I don't want the person that gets my pick to hate me.

Edited by J.T.

I  wanted to avoid the 'obvious picks' for the first year only and with two picks to go, yours is the only one so far that might fit that description. If this sticks like HH, I expect we'll eventually get to all of the major ones. There aren't any cop-outs.

Edited by Execproducer
  • Haha 1

I feel the need to make up for my lack of bonus reviews for the Havoc. I spent two days in the hospital which was the first time since birth and it threw me way off my game. I've got five days off Thanksgiving week and I also have way too many streaming services. And way too many maxed out hard drives and dvd's collecting dust.

We are all in. I'll have everything sent out by tomorrow morning.

And FYI, most of the picks aren't  on Netflix or Hulu but are readily available for rent, three or four bucks, on Amazon or elsewhere. If that is going to be a problem for anyone, let me know. I see some of them are on those library sites like Kanopy and I really need to get around to acquiring a library card.

Edited by Execproducer
  • Like 1