Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
James F'n X

SDL is a Saudi Surprise! - 11/1/2019

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Log said:

How has no one thought of the obvious reason this is happening?  Survivor Series is coming up.  It's a reminder of how seriously the superstars of Raw and Smackdown take their heated rivalry.  Clearly, someone on the Raw roster is trying to sabotage Smackdown!  

The Fiend is clearly responsible..... taking a page out of this guy's playbook.

Spoiler

twilight-zone-season-5-3-nightmare-at-20

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who said the plane had 4 flat tires? 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was beautiful.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case you weren't sure - yes Brock is really moving to RAW as they are flipping champions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a nice little infomercial for NXT.  Lets see if it translates to a bump in their ratings. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was almost perfect but damn it Hunter, if you build an army it's because you are going to War (Games)!!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought that was a super-fun show WWE pulled off considering the circumstances.

Not a big Pat McAfee guy(at least when it comes to wrestling) but I did LOL when he was behind HHH and waving at Steph on the stage.

Since she was there, I wish Dakota Kai got the call to team with Tegan but I get why they chose Ripley. Speaking of Tegan, that table bump was Botchamania-worthy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan of Pat either, but he did a fantastic job tonight putting NXT over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm assuming that was Vince's first time listening to Aiden English on commentary and he hated it so much he gave him the hook after one match.

In the Raw thread, I pointed out how much I hate wrestlers pulling the shocked face after a near fall. On the other hand, Bayley giving Charles Robinson a death stare? Aces. No notes. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was really fortunate that the only two SDL regulars on the men side (who could work a match) happened to be Miz and Daniel Bryan. One who can easily be sacrificed to pretty much anyone and one who probably argues he should lose every match

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Peck said:

Thought that was a super-fun show WWE pulled off considering the circumstances.

Not a big Pat McAfee guy(at least when it comes to wrestling) but I did LOL when he was behind HHH and waving at Steph on the stage.

Since she was there, I wish Dakota Kai got the call to team with Tegan but I get why they chose Ripley. Speaking of Tegan, that table bump was Botchamania-worthy.

Was always going to be Ripley. She is the new Chyna - tall, strongly built, loves metal and black leather... Hunter loves her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NXT guests are getting some well deserved praise, but I have to say, even if the point was to be victims to the invaders, the Smackdown talent there were utilized very well.

-The SD Women's roster being decimated
-Zayn as the sneaky heel being caught by the babyfaces
-Miz as the more arrogant face being shown up by Ciampa
-Bryan as the fiery face putting over the NXT title and losing clean to the champion. 

For sheer efficiency of the stories being told, I can't recall a Raw or SD in any recent memory where the show's roster were being this well used. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they probably should have started with just Renee and Tom if they were gonna add Pat McAfee anyways.

But seriously, that was better than what they probably had planned.

Hopefully it goes better than the last super memorable NXT invasion angle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Peck said:

Not a big Pat McAfee guy(at least when it comes to wrestling) but I did LOL when he was behind HHH and waving at Steph on the stage.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh. Way to devalue the people on the show the audience is actually watching. Other than Bianca and MAYBE Rhea, not one of the nxt stars on the show tonight is going to amount to a damn thing beyond the walls of Full Sail. So you're gonna feed main roster stars to them? What an exercise in masturbation by HHH. Most of the matches themselves were pretty good, but putting the minor leaguers over the big league talent makes your main roster look weak and the people making the decisions about who's on the roster look like fucking dummies. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

In case you weren't sure - yes Brock is really moving to RAW as they are flipping champions

So red strap likely turns blue and WWE can sell a different Championship title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, just drew said:

Ugh. Way to devalue the people on the show the audience is actually watching. Other than Bianca and MAYBE Rhea, not one of the nxt stars on the show tonight is going to amount to a damn thing beyond the walls of Full Sail. So you're gonna feed main roster stars to them? What an exercise in masturbation by HHH. Most of the matches themselves were pretty good, but putting the minor leaguers over the big league talent makes your main roster look weak and the people making the decisions about who's on the roster look like fucking dummies. 

I saw it as the opposite -- a way to elevate the NXT folks and a way to put them on the same level as the other two rosters heading into Survivor Series. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Edwin
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was awesome.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Natural said:

So red strap likely turns blue and WWE can sell a different Championship title.

It should be patterned like the Fiend's pants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WWE micromanages dull-ass shit every week and of course they dumb luck into a fucking great show. Some stuff was sloppy but they did damn well, all things considered. 

Also, Dakota Kai is apparently hurt so that would be why she wasn't in the tag match. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...