DVDVR Message Board

SDL is a Saudi Surprise! - 11/1/2019

James F'n X

5 hours ago, Log said:

How has no one thought of the obvious reason this is happening?  Survivor Series is coming up.  It's a reminder of how seriously the superstars of Raw and Smackdown take their heated rivalry.  Clearly, someone on the Raw roster is trying to sabotage Smackdown!  

The Fiend is clearly responsible..... taking a page out of this guy's playbook.

Spoiler

twilight-zone-season-5-3-nightmare-at-20

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RIPPA locked this topic
  • RIPPA unlocked this topic

Thought that was a super-fun show WWE pulled off considering the circumstances.

Not a big Pat McAfee guy(at least when it comes to wrestling) but I did LOL when he was behind HHH and waving at Steph on the stage.

Since she was there, I wish Dakota Kai got the call to team with Tegan but I get why they chose Ripley. Speaking of Tegan, that table bump was Botchamania-worthy.

• Like 1

I'm assuming that was Vince's first time listening to Aiden English on commentary and he hated it so much he gave him the hook after one match.

In the Raw thread, I pointed out how much I hate wrestlers pulling the shocked face after a near fall. On the other hand, Bayley giving Charles Robinson a death stare? Aces. No notes. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

It was really fortunate that the only two SDL regulars on the men side (who could work a match) happened to be Miz and Daniel Bryan. One who can easily be sacrificed to pretty much anyone and one who probably argues he should lose every match

7 minutes ago, Peck said:

Thought that was a super-fun show WWE pulled off considering the circumstances.

Not a big Pat McAfee guy(at least when it comes to wrestling) but I did LOL when he was behind HHH and waving at Steph on the stage.

Since she was there, I wish Dakota Kai got the call to team with Tegan but I get why they chose Ripley. Speaking of Tegan, that table bump was Botchamania-worthy.

Was always going to be Ripley. She is the new Chyna - tall, strongly built, loves metal and black leather... Hunter loves her.

The NXT guests are getting some well deserved praise, but I have to say, even if the point was to be victims to the invaders, the Smackdown talent there were utilized very well.

-The SD Women's roster being decimated
-Zayn as the sneaky heel being caught by the babyfaces
-Miz as the more arrogant face being shown up by Ciampa
-Bryan as the fiery face putting over the NXT title and losing clean to the champion. 

For sheer efficiency of the stories being told, I can't recall a Raw or SD in any recent memory where the show's roster were being this well used. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Peck said:

Ugh. Way to devalue the people on the show the audience is actually watching. Other than Bianca and MAYBE Rhea, not one of the nxt stars on the show tonight is going to amount to a damn thing beyond the walls of Full Sail. So you're gonna feed main roster stars to them? What an exercise in masturbation by HHH. Most of the matches themselves were pretty good, but putting the minor leaguers over the big league talent makes your main roster look weak and the people making the decisions about who's on the roster look like fucking dummies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, just drew said:

Ugh. Way to devalue the people on the show the audience is actually watching. Other than Bianca and MAYBE Rhea, not one of the nxt stars on the show tonight is going to amount to a damn thing beyond the walls of Full Sail. So you're gonna feed main roster stars to them? What an exercise in masturbation by HHH. Most of the matches themselves were pretty good, but putting the minor leaguers over the big league talent makes your main roster look weak and the people making the decisions about who's on the roster look like fucking dummies. 

I saw it as the opposite -- a way to elevate the NXT folks and a way to put them on the same level as the other two rosters heading into Survivor Series. ?‍♂️

Edited by Edwin

WWE micromanages dull-ass shit every week and of course they dumb luck into a fucking great show. Some stuff was sloppy but they did damn well, all things considered. 

Also, Dakota Kai is apparently hurt so that would be why she wasn't in the tag match. 

• Like 1