DVDVR Message Board

SDL is a Saudi Surprise! - 11/1/2019

James F'n X

How has no one thought of the obvious reason this is happening?  Survivor Series is coming up.  It's a reminder of how seriously the superstars of Raw and Smackdown take their heated rivalry.  Clearly, someone on the Raw roster is trying to sabotage Smackdown!  

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ComingToAmerica said:

If I'm Fox I'm not necessarily into NXT guys appearing and effectively plugging their show on USA Network - a show that in many ways undermines the point of Smackdown.

By this logic, during NFL games Fox should never want AFC teams on its Sunday games because their contract is to show NFC games. 

("Actually..."  yes I know... shut up)

My point is it's all the same company, you want to maximize the audience for the company's product so when... say Matt Riddle... gets sent to Smackdown to face Roman Reigns, people can say, oh hey, that's the "bro" guy... yeah, he's cool, imma watch. 

• Like 1

Not that I know significant amounts about Gridiron, but I do think there's a substantial difference between an actual sporting contract where Fox know full well AFC teams will play NFC teams, and a scripted show where Fox have explicitly requested a hypothecated roster of performers. 

So viewers may say 'Riddle's cool', and then wonder why they don't just watch NXT instead of Smackdown (that doesn't quite play out the same with AFC teams I would imagine). So it's peeing in your pants to stay warm in winter. One should remember that Fox presumably didn't know there was going to be a 2 hour NXT show on USA on Wednesdays when they made the deal. And as I say, a 2 hour NXT does somewhat undermine Smackdown (which has traditionally been the slightly more wrestling focused show).

Edited by ComingToAmerica

Gulak PowerPoint Presentation explaining why Daniel Bryan is a hypocrite, Bryan-Gulak match that Bryan wins, six woman tag match, Gulak calling out Bryan for another chance. That's 90 minutes right there. Throw in the commercials, and you got a show. Maybe have a Booker T Fave Five segment. 

Pay me NOW, VKM. 

• Like 1

Per Meltzer (and not really surprising) - NXT talent is being flown to Buffalo (or has already arrived)

I mean it basically means jump starting promotion of Survivor Series I guess

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

By this logic, during NFL games Fox should never want AFC teams on its Sunday games because their contract is to show NFC games. 

("Actually..."  yes I know... shut up)

My point is it's all the same company, you want to maximize the audience for the company's product so when... say Matt Riddle... gets sent to Smackdown to face Roman Reigns, people can say, oh hey, that's the "bro" guy... yeah, he's cool, imma watch. 

Dude, if Riddle took on Roman tonight, I'm dropping everything and watching that shit for sure.