DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOV 2019

Dolfan in NYC

8 hours ago, Casey said:

Funny that the people who thought the Kylie situation was more sinister have shut their mouths and are being quiet now that she’s actually addressed it.

They could, you know, apologize, but naaah...

• Like 1

I finally caught AEW Dark over the weekend.  Excalibur and Dustin Rhodes on commentary was just amazing.  It took me back to the PWG days where Excalibur would team with a random dude like Rick Knox, Chuck Taylor, or Kevin Steen on commentary and they'd just have fun. 

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I finally caught AEW Dark over the weekend.  Excalibur and Dustin Rhodes on commentary was just amazing.  It took me back to the PWG days where Excalibur would team with a random dude like Rick Knox, Chuck Taylor, or Kevin Steen on commentary and they'd just have fun. 

I thought the same. Reminded me a lot of Excalibur and Chuckie T. I read comments on here first before watching Dark and saw people talking about Excalibur having good rapport with Dustin and I thought people were talking about Chuck Taylor. So then I watch Dark and see the first match has Best Friends in it and I'm immediately confused until Excalibur says that Dustin Rhodes joined him on commentary.

So who knew that Excalibur would work so well with funny guys named Dustin.

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I thought the same. Reminded me a lot of Excalibur and Chuckie T. I read comments on here first before watching Dark and saw people talking about Excalibur having good rapport with Dustin and I thought people were talking about Chuck Taylor. So then I watch Dark and see the first match has Best Friends in it and I'm immediately confused until Excalibur says that Dustin Rhodes joined him on commentary.

So who knew that Excalibur would work so well with funny guys named Dustin.

LOL that's why I specifically wrote "Rhodes" there!

Edited by Technico Support

I think the Merch Freak shit may be the funniest shit they've done on BTE. I don't know why I find it so funny, but it's my favorite BTE gimmick. 

Also: I'm flying, Jack! lolololol

Edited by Craig H
  • Haha 3

Imagine how loud the pop is going to be when one week, hopefully soon, the Bucks, and Cutler and whoever else are getting their asses kicked by PnP and Sammy, and then...

WOOP WOOP

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 3

I'm scared they're going to have him debut as a heel because he was "abandoned". Dead Friend #1 or whatever Scurll's phone read in that episode of BTE certainly hints at that imo. I'm only worried because there is zero chance he gets booed for a while, so fighting against the fans' natural inclination is something I've grown accustomed to expect from WWE but I hope AEW avoids for the most part.

edit: Oh, and yeah, Nick's merch freak face is hilarious. He looks so greasy with that hairline tilted back and the dead eyes.

Edited by Oyaji

Nick Jackson has been on fire on BTE since the Merch Freak stuff started. The Justin Roberts bit this weak was hilarious.

That opening segment with Omega was about 3 minutes too long, though.

Inner Circle taking over BTE next week is gonna be wild. I don't know about Leva Bates being kidnapped or whatever. Should I care? Is Peter Avalon going to go on a Taken style journey to rescue her?

• Like 2

Echo the positive comments for Nick on BTE. Talking of untapped potential for Dynamite, there’s so much fertile ground in showing off the brothers’ distinct personalities, it’s all been wowing with the moves so far.

Bring in some of that ‘Luigi’ dissension from BTE a while back, play up Nick’s quirkiness, all sorts of directions to go personality and promo wise.

21 hours ago, Casey said:

Funny that the people who thought the Kylie situation was more sinister have shut their mouths and are being quiet now that she’s actually addressed it.

Amazingly enough, I've still seen people insisting the statement doesn't mean she wasn't blah blah blah etc etc

12 hours ago, tbarrie said:

Has TSN.ca always cut episodes of Dynamite for the replay? I shelled out $5 for a day pass last night so I could watch last week's episode, but they had entirely removed Fenix vs Jackson.

All episodes are available in full on the TSN app.

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

All episodes are available in full on the TSN app.

Thanks, but my 24-hour subscription ran out before I could confirm that. Seems odd that it would be available in full on the app but cut on the website, though.