DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOV 2019

Dolfan in NYC

Reading those TK tweets made me think about how unreal a 1996-1998 Eric Bischoff Twitter account would've been if it were a thing. I don't think it's a good look for an owner to get into petty squabbling with talent from the competition. Still, I laughed at all of that shit.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

There's no beach at The U.  Bash Near The Pool.

I finished Full Gear.  That thread is locked.  WILD CARD!

Actually, I quit after the title match.  I only partake of the sanctioned real sports feel events.

I don't understand Page beating Pac to just trade wins a few days later.  The kind of booking people cry about when WWE does it.  They beat Pac for no reason and Page gains no momentum.

Janela is so bad.  Why are they putting him in a straight match on PPV?  Look at Spears' chops and kicks and then look at Janela's shitty chops and thigh-slapping-ass kicks.  He also could've broken Spears' neck on that barely any air flying head scissors.  And a tag rope was in the neutral corner for no reason other then to be used here.  They're just wasting Tully Blanchard.  At Spears got rid of the contacts.  He should just go with basic black gear.  And maybe just carry the chair to the ring and sit on it during the ring intros instead of wasting time with the spotlight entrance.

Lucha Bros. wearing second place medals looks real dumb.  SCU looked a step behind and Private Party aren't ready for prime time.  Knox won't count a tag with the foot but will count a tag to the back.  Pretty sure Quen was the legal man at the end too.  It's a good thing the Lucha Bros. are bad sports otherwise Daniels would've made that surprise return for nothing.  Penta wasn't dressed like Daniels when he attacked him.  Excalibur calling him Pentagon Tres like he couldn't be Pentagon, Sr.

Remsburg screwed Amy.  Emi.  Gawdangit.

Justin Roberts on some Michael Buffer-level bullshit with that Cody/Jericho intro.  Too soon to turn MJF.  They just burn through stuff.  Also, should've at least thrown in the scarf.  Then at least some justification for a turn because Cody got blood on it.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

“Oh no, Luchasaurus!” then an hour, and a half later he shows up soaking wet, with seaweed around his neck, and ready to kill Hager for attempting to murder him.

this started out and i was sure it was gonna turn into the Sea Creature from Southpaw. alas, it was not to be.

off topic, how has no promoter done a Southpaw revival card? i swear i would fly cross country to see that done relatively well.

12 hours ago, BEN! said:

I finished Full Gear.  That thread is locked.  WILD CARD!

Just as an FYI -- My thought is, I'll typically lock a thread in order to move talk back to a main thread if:  a) It's been a week or more since the show, and b) it's been more than a day or so since anyone has commented.  

Thank you drive through. 

• Sad 1

I am now kinda bummed I ordered Full Gear from PSN. While it worked flawlessly, it sucks that you only get a period of 6 days to watch it when on BR Live it's just saved to your library and you can watch it for as long as you're signed up to BR Live. The only problem with BR Live is that the Roku app is dogshit, but I'll be getting a Chromecast within the next day or two so hopefully it works better over that.

Side note since it quickly got buried with the Twitter feuding

Meltzer said that Cody did indeed get a bunch of those trademarks he was looking for (obviously including Bash at the Beach).

The most interesting one however is apparently he got the trademark over the name "Dusty Rhodes"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Side note since it quickly got buried with the Twitter feuding

Meltzer said that Cody did indeed get a bunch of those trademarks he was looking for (obviously including Bash at the Beach).

The most interesting one however is apparently he got the trademark over the name "Dusty Rhodes"

He's also got Bunkhouse Brawl.