DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOV 2019

Dolfan in NYC

On 11/16/2019 at 1:23 PM, AxB said:

Spears needs to decide what look he's got though. He's been beard and mohawk, beard and bald, and clean shaven and mohawk in the space of three months. And gone back and forth on the weird contact lenses to boot. Just pick one, man.

There’s a reason why Spears bounced around ECW and early NXT without ever really catching on until the 10 thing hit, and even then he bounced between face and heel with it for a while. The guys a great hand, no pun intended, by all accounts, but he doesn’t have “it.”

Spears is scrambling for an identity so badly that he's muddying his own character to the point of incomprehension.  Did he really need to add an anti hardcore element when he already has all this other stuff (10, Chairman, Tully) going on?  

• Haha 1

I'm not sure how you reconcile being Anti-Hardcore with being the guy who hits people with chairs, but I'm sure Tully could explain it convincingly.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2019 at 6:48 AM, The Magnificent 7 said:

The more I see of Jimmy Havoc the more he looks like Crispin Glover to me. If only he could talk like Layne from River’s Edge I might be into it. 

Holy crap I will not be able to unsee that now. Throw away the mask and give him a sock cap. 

8fdf085a5fb041f68cce46980bdcc83b.jpg

"FEEEEEEEECK! What, are you dying in there?!"

45 minutes ago, Casey said:

That seems like a really dangerous spot.

You can set up a lifeboat with a mat in it directly underneath the balcony. Then in one of the rooms windows underneath the lifeboat you can have a crew member toss a rock in the ocean to create the splash effect so the cameras can catch it.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Haha 1

Bash at the Beach: that's good!

It's in January: oooh that's bad.

They are filming Dynamite from the cruise: that's good!

Bash at the Beach is technically an episode of Dynamite: that's bad.

There is no frogurt: that's bad...

Make or break for me is if it's just another Dynamite or if there's ZANY BEACH PROPS AND SET. 

Edited by Oyaji
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Make or break for me is if it's just another Dynamite or if there's ZANY BEACH PROPS AND SET. 

Brian Knobbs hitting someone with an inflatable shark at BATB 96 was the highlight of an otherwise awful, awful bowling shoe ugly match with the Public Enemy.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

You can set up a lifeboat with a mat in it directly underneath the balcony. Then in one of the rooms windows underneath the lifeboat you can have a crew member toss a rock in the ocean to create the splash effect so the cameras can catch it.

That sounds a lot like "Paul Wight, we know you just broke into the business and a rather large human being at that, but are you willing to take a seven feet drop onto a balcony with a crash pad on top of Cobo Hall? You gotta pay your dues somehow, kid." 

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

That sounds a lot like "Paul Wight, we know you just broke into the business and a rather large human being at that, but are you willing to take a seven feet drop onto a balcony with a crash pad on top of Cobo Hall? You gotta pay your dues somehow, kid." 

“Oh no, Luchasaurus!” then an hour, and a half later he shows up soaking wet, with seaweed around his neck, and ready to kill Hager for attempting to murder him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

“Oh no, Luchasaurus!” then an hour, and a half later he shows up soaking wet, with seaweed around his neck, and ready to kill Hager for attempting to murder him.

No, he has to be bone dry and then Ron Reis shows up wrapped in paper mache, humps the dog shit outta someone w/ Luchasaurus, and then stands around awkwardly trying to figure out what to do. I want full out disaster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Bash at the Beach is also cursed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1