DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING GIFS

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I just got a Turbonegro record in the mail with an ad for poppers and a nude male centerfold that's straighter than the Dok Hendrix persona there.

I'm not really that into Turbonegro. I liked HIM and saw them live a few times. My favorite of the bands associated with Bam Margera is cky. I've seen them a bunch of times. My late friend Jesse's band opened for cky and Clutch back in 2002.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

CKY seem tolerable; I've never bothered with HIM. Turbo has been a favorite ever since my buddy Mike from High Spirits/Zuul/Oblong Box taped me their vinyls back in the day. He liked them so much he even had "TRBNGR" as a license plate! The quality of their albums varies and singer Hank unfortunately lost the plot but Never Is Forever, Ass Cobra and Apocalypse Dudes are classic. You might appreciate them more if you watch the documentary they had made on them after they broke up due to Hank's drug addictions (he later really lost it when he got into Scientology). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BurningBeard said:

New Blackjacks should've been huge. All they needed to do was:

1. Ditch 'new'

2. Be allowed to win matches

There was no way they were getting over. They were a New Generation tag team, and the company was heading into the Attitude era. I remember thinking how cartoonish they looked at the time when compared to the other cartoonish teams. They were also too dry to stand out. I honestly think they wouldn’t have stood out in WCW at the time either, with teams like Rough N Ready not getting over too. All in all Barry, and Bradshaw just didn’t have the chemistry that Simmons did with Bradshaw in APA. Plus APA just looked much cooler as the black & white version of Doom.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs