DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING GIFS

1 hour ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

This is some Chikara (circa 10 years ago)-style stuff. It is odd seeing it on a big league stage. I dunno, I like my indie stuff indie level and my major label stuff in that level.

feelin' old & confused for some time now,

RAF

Its from a house show. Those are usually when they screw around and have fun with moments like those.

13 hours ago, chanandlerbong said:

I'm familiar with this movie but have never watched it. But this is a Tom Magee that I could get behind. Ripped dude in a sleeveless Canadian tuxedo just chucking dudes around.

Was Brian Bosworth ever approached about doing pro-wrestling after his NFL career ended? He seems like a natural fit.

32 minutes ago, Happ Hazzard said:

Was Brian Bosworth ever approached about doing pro-wrestling after his NFL career ended? He seems like a natural fit.

Don’t know if a company ever approached him, but this question was asked in a 1998 interview from Outside The Lines titled “The Real Stone Cold”...

AdaSoonerBilly: Speaking of wrestling, would you ever consider being a wrestler?

Brian Bosworth: Due to the injuries that I will have for the rest of my life, it is physically impossible for me to consider any career in wrestling. And if I could wrestle, which would mean I'm physically fit enough, I would play football first. Wrestlers are a bunch of wanna-be football players.

18 hours ago, Eivion said:

Its from a house show. Those are usually when they screw around and have fun with moments like those.

I'm aware that it is from a house show, but the cartoonishness of this is of a very modern self-aware mode that differentiates itself (for me) from the lengthy swaths of time in my life spent watching the Looney Toon stallings of Ivan Putski, Wild Samoan head butt challenges or Bugsy McGraw cosplaying Curly Howard. In it's deconstruction, detournement, subversion and fannish perspective of the concept of a wrestling match; this stuff reminds me of a midget match (which I loved because everybody loves the midgets). Rassling can contain multitudes, and all folks have a line - personally I can't stand the Invisible Hand Grenade shtick but but I love when Tiger Jackon would bite referee Dick Whoerle on the ass. For me, the comedy stuff when done well can make the violent or soap opera parts seems more dramatic, in the same match and/or card.

a little of this a little of that,

RAF

• Like 1