DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING PHOTOS

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

It's pretty cool seeing all these pictures from Starrcast and knowing they were all in Baltimore for a little while.  If I knew David Crockett was going to take part in the panel I may have stayed a tad longer to see him Friday.  But when I got there Robocop was just going through the crowd for pictures.  And since it obviously wasn't the original guy there really wasn't anybody interested in that so the poor guy was just there.  But I did get some neat merch including the program with a cover that'd be in line with the WCW magazines.  Will have to get around to putting that on here.

And @Adam I'm sure you know but just in case JR does have Bells Palsy which makes it practically impossible for him to smile.  But he's said many times that despite the face he's very happy and I'm sure in these pics that's truly the case.  And if there's a joke in that that I'm missing then my apologies.

Now I feel like a jerk.

And rightfully so, I did know that but it was not in my mind at all when I made these comments.

Appreciate the info.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

Now I feel like a jerk.

And rightfully so, I did know that but it was not in my mind at all when I made these comments.

Appreciate the info.

If it helps I wouldn't worry too much about it.  When I followed JR on Twitter it seemed like almost every day he'd let somebody know why he wasn't smiling in a picture.  And I'm sure he still gets that a lot.  But he'd say that he really is happy and I'd say in these pictures he is.  He also seemed to enjoy himself when doing the Moxley panel at Starrcast.  So he may have his faults but I still like him.

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I haven't seen Great American Bash '90 in years and years.  Is the Sting vs. Flair match good? 

The 9 year old me loved it. That match represented everything about finally neutralizing the Horsemen, painting Flair in a corner to where it would finally be a legit fair matchup without interference.

• Like 2

Also Owens seemed to lose his spark in the ring that he had when he feuded with Cena, and he was booked underwhelmingly as the champ.  

You know for all the talk about Cena’s classics during this period, I thought his stuff with Owens was the only real classic stuff that happened during that run. Both him, and Owens complemented each other perfectly as polar opposites. It also helped that Owens was unshackled with what offense he could bust out at the time. I mean you shouldn’t wrestle like that all the time, but he was still wrestling in those matches like if they were all set at Wrestlemania. So there was a certain quality that you wouldn’t get later.

What's interesting is all that was covered in that 365 special they did for him.  He seemed pretty frustrated thoughout it all and I believe after the WM match they show Vince not liking it.  So that was a rough one for him.

I think at some point I'd need to think about Kevin's run in WWE so far.  He's been there for awhile and while I'm sure he's loving the pay and providing for his family I wonder if he feels limited by what they put him in.  I do miss that edge that he had in ROH and elsewhere and wonder why they can't just tap into that somehow even as a face.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Jericho vs Owens didn't need the title, and someone has to go on second. Besides, Brock vs Goldberg was badass.

I give Goldberg/Lesnar bonus marks for waking me and the crowd back up after Rollins/Triple H and Wyatt/Orton. I was not happy in the early hours of the morning with those. Goldberg/Lesnar went down as it should, two heavy hitters using their biggest moves from the start to put the other down.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

What's interesting is all that was covered in that 365 special they did for him.  He seemed pretty frustrated thoughout it all and I believe after the WM match they show Vince not liking it.  So that was a rough one for him.

That's correct.

• Like 1

The Man. Due to Nia Jax concussing Becky Lynch, we didn't get Ronda Rousey vs. Becky Lynch as planned at Survivor Series 2018. We didn't get it at WrestleMania XXXV either when that was the match to do for the WWE RAW Women's Championship and go on last.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

tumblr_p7wucdkkZN1qivspno3_500.png

I'm sure he'd still find a way to tap you out and completely ignore any barbed wire tears and gouges. This is assuming that's Fujiwara.