Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Hagan said:

Does anyone really think a pilot or airline workers was gonna say to a bunch of Americans "actually, the government isn't letting you leave?"

If that's the case then, who's providing the info to Meltzer that it was government intervention? If it was truly the case, the "boys" wouldn't be privy to that information, but I can definitely see them speculating while grounded for hours and hours, talking themselves into believing it and feeding that to Meltzer.

I think both explanations are plausible, but I don't see why people are automatically brushing away the mechanical difficulties explanation and shitting on wrestlers who say that's what happened.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say its more down to the "move along, nothing to see here, people" attitude they have. Keep saying mechanical issues and eventually it becomes fact. People are naturally suspicious of this kind of thing in this day and age. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The WWE roster is made up entirely of people who take more than a hundred flights a year. Most likely every one of them has plenty of experience in planes not taking off due to having mechanical problems, and it taking an hour or two to get it fixed (or a replacement flight). So when it suddenly takes more than ten hours, that's going to get suspicions going.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

HBK sounded like a frog (specifically like the bastard fifth-cousin of Kermit the Frog, honestly, you won't be able to un-hear it), but on the flip side, I'd rather watch him throw a temper-tantrum in the ring than watch Rollins do anything except for maybe be the fifth-best guy in six-man tags with the Wyatts, so...advantage Michaels!

Edited by Smelly McUgly
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, AxB said:

The WWE roster is made up entirely of people who take more than a hundred flights a year. Most likely every one of them has plenty of experience in planes not taking off due to having mechanical problems, and it taking an hour or two to get it fixed (or a replacement flight). So when it suddenly takes more than ten hours, that's going to get suspicions going.

Just playing devils advocate here, but this is a charter luxury airplane so it's not like they conveniently have a spare airplane in a hanger somewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there truthfully any probability Batista would be at Bloodsport during WM weekend?

Not sure what the budget GCW has, but I don't think they would have Killer Kross call out Batista for a match at Bloodsport if there wasn't an agreement if some sort already in place.

The match would probably suck, but the novelty of a retired Batista returning to take a worked shoot against Killer Kross in a ring with no ropes during WM would be interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Gastrointeritis, not an eating disorder. I've always looked at that kind of askance since I'm sure Brody flushed a bunch of pills, but after watching the last Von Erich thing on Viceland I pretty much accept it.

the bulimia theory has been mentioned recently... also I suspect the wisdom shifted from "if his brothers had drug problems, why wouldn't he?" to "his brothers weren't very good at hiding their drug problems so how would he have hidden them"

 

14 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Just playing devils advocate here, but this is a charter luxury airplane so it's not like they conveniently have a spare airplane in a hanger somewhere.

gonna note that the main flight back was a 747 with a few hundred people in it (and whatever else they were hauling to Riyadh and back) so they had a limited window to really get them back before Friday night (and they couldn't even get the flight of 20 back in time, although they may have realized this mid-flight, diverted to Newark, and called the NXT guys, who also came in late). So in a limited window, do you go all-out to try and get people back on late Friday night instead of Saturday morning when it means nothing to Smackdown anyways, or do you let things playout to get them back on Saturday morning.

So maybe they should get it in writing to save themselves from batshit crazy 80s scheduling or something...

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

HBK sounded like a frog (specifically like the bastard fifth-cousin of Kermit the Frog, honestly, you won't be able to un-hear it), but on the flip side, I'd rather watch him throw a temper-tantrum in the ring than watch Rollins do anything except for maybe be the fifth-best guy in six-man tags with the Wyatts, so...advantage Michaels!

Jesus, who was the 6th???

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Is there truthfully any probability Batista would be at Bloodsport during WM weekend?

Not sure what the budget GCW has, but I don't think they would have Killer Kross call out Batista for a match at Bloodsport if there wasn't an agreement if some sort already in place.

The match would probably suck, but the novelty of a retired Batista returning to take a worked shoot against Killer Kross in a ring with no ropes during WM would be interesting.

Watch it be Jay Batista...

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, Seth Rollins going at Dave Meltzer is one of the most entertaining things that Rollins has done lately. But the situation just smells like we should get a 4 vs 4 vs 4 Survivor Series match where Rollins walks out on his team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nate said:

Jesus, who was the 6th???

Rowan was super green at that point.  He really hasn't gotten the credit for what he brought to the Wyatt Family package.

Honestly, it was a lightning in the bottle thing for all 6 of them and no one should feel bad about their performance in those matches or the angle.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

In defense of Seth, that’s how his mentor rose up the ranks. Now he just needs a decade to seal the deal.

Yeah, Aurora Rose is only thirteen /s

To Craig’s point, HHH has mostly done it the right way, he pretty much has all the tools now. His main failings are 

- still being prone to self-aggrandisement (did anyone see that Network (?) trailer for NXT that was basically HHH and a laundry list of descriptors making him out as the second coming?)

- the old man not moving aside at peak time for him

- a blind spot either due to his upbringing, social circles or wrestling bubble which allows things like the Jordan Myles t shirt seeing the light of day. This can be mitigated by surrounding himself and listening to a more diverse team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...