DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

13 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Why? They weren't going to use him, he mentioned several times he pitched ideas to them. He has had a stronger ring run in WWE in the past decade than his earlier runs as Goldust. The guys is my far a better worker than any of the guys from prime era. These legends they bring to Saudi and WM matches can't touch Dustin in the ring. It's like Finlay before he when back to be solely an agent. He was over 50 but he was still better than % 95 of the industry and just as believable.

Everything you said after "They weren't going to use him" explains why. He's an asset to AEW that they probably would like to have off their television right now. 

18 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

WHO'S CUTTING ONIONS IN HERE?  Honestly, I didn't expect to get a little choked up seeing that old building in disrepair and getting torn down for good.

PWG rekindled my love of wrestling.  Forget 2019...WWE was beyond stale 9 years ago when I heard Alvarez review BOLA 2010.  I thought it sounded fun, so I checked it out.  I've watched every single show since then.  I became familiar with so many guys who are big stars today because of their time in that building.  If I hadn't gotten into PWG, I'm not even sure if I'd be watching any wrestling today.  That crappy old building was host to so many fun memories to me.  So RIP, Reseda American Legion hall.  Thanks for everything.

Also, kudos to Owens for keeping kayfabe and referring to his opponent in that ladder match as "Generico."

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, BurningBeard said:

Meanwhile, in Japan...

Hansen smiling and being dressed for a relaxing afternoon babysitting the grandkids while being seconded by Masahiro Chono in full "evil Yakuza" getup really makes this clip!

Edited by Whodathunkit

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

It’s weird to think that there is probably a person who lives on Earth right now who has Natalia as their favorite wrestler. That person could’ve chosen any of the wrestlers in existence at any point in time, and they chose Natalia. 

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, Log said:

It’s weird to think that there is probably a person who lives on Earth right now who has Natalia as their favorite wrestler. That person could’ve chosen any of the wrestlers in existence at any point in time, and they chose Natalia. 

Hey man, I’m a frog’s hair away from declaring Trevor Murdoch my favourite wrestler of 2019. Anything can happen.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CSC said:
Real voice Undertaker is tripping me out nearly as much as the first time I heard real voice Dusty Rhodes.

Yeah - Taker thinking he was going to be The Gobbledy Gooker is gonna make me giggle the rest of the day

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Jacksonville Dixie

pm9oNjh.gif

Fuck Randy Orton. 

Someone name me one thing Randy Orton has done that’s significant in like almost 20 years of a career now besides being able to generate a temporary mass cure for insomnia every time he appears on TV.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Zartan said:

Fuck Randy Orton. 

Someone name me one thing Randy Orton has done that’s significant in like almost 20 years of a career now besides being able to generate a temporary mass cure for insomnia every time he appears on TV.

I have this strange feeling that you might not be asking in good faith...

He went super-violent, faked a psych diagnosis to explain it, and punted a ton of dudes in the head. That was awesome. 

But yo, fuck that dude, seriously. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Zartan said:

Fuck Randy Orton. 

• Like 2

He has his moments, but then ??‍♂️. If I have to pinpoint exactly where everyone creatively fucks up, it’s Randy does something different(Acts crazy, does a cool move, has an asshole heel moment...) probably on his own with no direction, and then the writers have to fit it into a story, and Randy doesn’t give them shit except the tip of his dick when the writers ask him for more ideas. So we end up with awful follow-ups. They should just be less subtle, and more literal with Randy by making him a psycho jock. All these stupid extra subplots don’t  help him one bit, and make everything convoluted.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

DbZFEs1.gif

Ok you got me on this one. 

So almost 20 years and I’ve gotten all these answers to account for MAYBE one years worth of good shit if I’m being generous. 

The cutter list goes like this- 

1. DDP

2. Kanyon

3. Orton

He is the poster boy for riding a last name of someone that came before him that was infinitely better. If WCW worked as hard at making Erik Watts a star I’m sure after 20 years we’d be able to piece together more then just a decent year.