DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

Makes sense that Cruise is bitter, all these Wrestling companies existing in America (one of which apparently can't hire enough announcers) and not one of them wants to give him a job. It's as if the whole industry is telling him he sucks.

I was about to confidently post “Chris Cruise was easily the lowest-tier WCW announcer”, until remembering that Mark Madden happened. Shit.

Dude sucked though and was easily sub-Lee Marshall. Only exception is him trying to reign in a completely insane Dusty during that WCW Prime run that I don’t think Turner brass even knew existed. 

Edited by For Great Justice

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Regardless, the guy is a fucking prick, and apparently trolls on his Facebook account(Something I didn’t realize (old)people did).

You realize that about 50 million Americans...

5 minutes ago, Raziel said:

You realize that about 50 million Americans...

I don’t have Facebook anymore, but when I did I remembered my relatives would get a little too political with each other, but it eventually subsided. I just would never get in contact with strangers on there because of how personal those pages can be. The balls on people to troll random strangers on there just feels like crossing a line that shouldn’t be crossed. Which is something Cruise loves to do.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, bazzil said:

When did Cornette say something like that?

So not everyone reads the NWA thread. Jim Cornette said that Jim Smallman should be found hanging in a parking lot because he ring announced a show dressed in a T-Shirt and Jeans instead of a suit.

20 minutes ago, AxB said:

So not everyone reads the NWA thread. Jim Cornette said that Jim Smallman should be found hanging in a parking lot because he ring announced a show dressed in a T-Shirt and Jeans instead of a suit.

That actually does deserve all the ridicule available just shy of suicide. 

A t-shirt and jeans?!?!?

5 minutes ago, Peck said:

That actually does deserve all the ridicule available just shy of suicide. 

A t-shirt and jeans?!?!?

progress_-_chapter_21_317_0.jpg?strip=al

That's how he looks announcing a show. Although considering he's helping Jimmy Havoc up here, it is a bit sad that the only way you can tell immediately which is the Wrestler and which is the ring announcer/promoter is by who's wearing wrist tape and who's wearing a watch, yeah. But still, considering how small of a deal Progress was when it started, dressing up at that time would have looked pretentious. And once you've got a "Not dressing up" gimmick going, breaking from that and starting to dress up looks like you're doing a corporate sellout gimmick (which technically he should be doing, since he did sell out to a corporation, but never mind).

But still. It arguably falls into the "Just because that's the way it's always been done, doesn't mean that's the way it always has to be done" category. If you want to establish that this is a punk rock spirit type deal, having the suits never wear suits is a good way to start, right?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

New way to get yourself fired? 

Doubtful. Most conservatives/Republicans (like Vince) prefer to ignore the decades long friendship between Epstein and Dear Orange Leader, and claim that Epstein is just another in a long line of people that Bill and Hillary have had murdered. If anything, this will get EC3 a title run.

Edited by mattdangerously
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Zartan said:

He said some ring announcer should off himself for not dressing to Cornette’s liking. 

1 hour ago, AxB said:

I know about that. I also know that Cornette did not say that guy should kill himself as was erroneously claimed by some dishonest people and blindly believed by many more.

• Like 1

EC3 doing conspiracy explainer videos is probably a step up from his recent body of work.

After repeated requests, Cruise was told that the commission prohibits wrestlers from deliberately lacerating themselves or their opponents, or introducing human or animal blood into the match

"Fuuuuck, Chris Cruise keeps requesting information from us"