DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

27 minutes ago, Eivion said:

It exists because HHH wants it to exist. He wants to spread the brand globally. This has been known for years as a goal of his. 

Vanity, thy name is Paul.

WWE is already the most popular wrestling brand in the world. It already has been spread globally. So he wants his grand achievement to be creating a brand within that brand, and spread it globally by using his father in laws resources to buy exposure pre existing talent? Then sell that talent back to the fans who supported it on the way up originally, while insisting it's all his own work and demanding to be praised for it?

Hunter is a dickhead.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Do we really think the American people want 100,000 wrestlers thrown off the contracts they signed with Vince McMahon? The answer is not Independent Wrestling For All. The answer is Independent Wrestling For All Who Want It.

This, and it needs to be said.

WWE signing all these wrestlers is better for indie wrestling than sending them back.

The rise in the indies can be attributed to them remaining fresh- and it's fresh because WWE culls the herd (similar to hunters killing some animals so the rest don't starve to death.) One WWE or AEW signing to go national opens up a spot in NJPW/Impact, which opens up two spots (their spot and the replacement's spot) in ROH/EVOLVE/MLW, which opens up four spots (same) in the mid-major indies, which opens up some spots on small indies, which opens up spots in shindies, which gives spots to trainees. By this vacuum, you can open up dozens of spots just by one person signing a national deal, keeping the indies fresh.

By the opposite side, a big release spree by WWE would cripple the indies: For the next six months, every indie worth their salt would have at least one of the people released- and likely a match. The indie scene would be hobbled until some people are found wanting and fall off, and even then you'd hinder the rising stars on the indies from taking hold.

• Like 1

Triple H seems to basically want to recreate the territory system, but under the WWE/NXT banner, on a global scale. Then he can move talent around, keep people fresh, and strangle the life out of all competition.

• Like 2

This is the last thing I'm going to say about Mauro Ranallo.  I know his story.  It's why I have no empathy towards him.  He self-medicates his serious mental issue because he distrusts "big pharma" and claims THC as being the only thing that works for him.  Which clearly does not and is also incredibly dangerous to mix a hallucinogen with an extremely unbalanced brain chemistry.  It's also really irresponsible for someone that fancies himself a mental health advocate.  Say some kid suffers the same extreme mood swings as him and discovers the bipolar guy from WWE and looks into what he does and tries it and suffers a psychotic break.  There are plenty of people that suffer mental issues and have no support system or resources to deal with them.  He's a damn near 50-year old man that makes a lot of money and has essentially made his issue his gimmick.  He needs professional help not validation from nerds on the internet.

So you can all return to your high horses and continue spreading empathy by exclaiming fuck Graves, JBL, Vince, Rollins, Orton, Hogan, Saudi Arabia, Big Cass, and whoever else makes you feel as if you're standing atop the mythical moral high ground.  Like RiRi, GRAMMY AWARD-WINNING RECORDING ARTIST, RIHANNA, SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A DIAMOND!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dana Brooke is a bad motherfucker. I wish she was a better wrestler so I could explain my unabashed fandom of her a little better. It's so goddamn unfortunate she didn't get to fuck Charlotte up a couple years ago after Charlotte was such a big old beez to her. Anything that gets that young woman a little bit of extra attention is A-OK by me, even if it doesn't translate to her winning matches on TV.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Are there any good chest tattoos? Not knocking tattoos in general mind you. 

I like Punk's. I actually like Corbin's too if only because it looks like he has birds flying away from Rupees from the Legend of Zelda.

A couple girls I'm friends with have good artwork on the area of their chest you can see.

Brock, Batista, and Conor McGregor all have very shitty ones.

You can't just have the tattoo in the middle of your chest. It needs to span across your chest.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

I like Punk's. I actually like Corbin's too if only because it looks like he has birds flying away from Rupees from the Legend of Zelda.

A couple girls I'm friends with have good artwork on the area of their chest you can see.

Brock, Batista, and Conor McGregor all have very shitty ones.

You can't just have the tattoo in the middle of your chest. It needs to span across your chest.

Re: Brock

Compared to literally 90% of the guys in UFC or were in the UFC at some point, his doesn't seem as bad. Sean O'Malley's doesn't even look like a real tattoo for example. Steven Peterson has a pretty bad one too. It's like he had 25 different ideas and decided to go with ALL of them. Chris Camozzi falls into this category as well. I am also not a big fan of Darren Elkins' The Damage tattoo. It's probably because I remember Elkins earlier in his career where he just had a small tattoo on his arm. Now he has that, The Damage in stitches, and a dragon his shoulder that almost touches the one on his chest. It's too much. Speaking of guys going with their nickname, if I didn't know Anthony Smith was nicknamed the Lionheart, I would think he just had a tiny flame on his chest instead of a lion.  

Kid Yamamoto (RIP) I thought had some cool shit later on after his career was pretty much done. He had a pretty nice one on his right shoulder (the cyborg-ish one) prior to getting the other work. Thiago Santos also has a hammer that says Marreta (which is Portuguese for you guessed it...sledgehammer). For whatever reason, I liked Alessio Sakara's tattoos because he already looked like a goddamn serial killer to begin with so that just makes him look even more intimidating. I thought Scott Jorgensen choosing to get all his work colorful and bright as hell was a wise decision once he finally got his vitiligo under control. Maybe this is cheating because he has really dark skin, but Israel Adesanya's tattoo of the African continent (apparently he has Nigeria outlined on it) looks pretty fucking cool.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Craig H said:

Once again, you can't take people's opinions about Mauro on here and think that's how all fans think. Mauro is overwhelmingly loved by most fans and wrestlers. DVDVR is the smallest of sample sizes.

Mauro's fantastic and fuck anyone who says otherwise.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Are there any good chest tattoos? Not knocking tattoos in general mind you. 

Although I am biased, I have "The Saw Is Family" in lowercase in an Old English font as a collarbone rocker-type deal.

• Like 1