DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

I think Raven's grunge look has to be top 5 hair in wrestling history.  He looked like the burned out dudes who I remember from the early to mid 90s.  

He looked like a Rule 63 Felicity for a while.

1 hour ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Fashion is circular but I can't see the mullet ever coming back in style. That and frosted tips. 

Brian Pillman Jr would like to have a word with you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Wrestling needs more guys like Tim Slyvia wearing the belt to the grocery store. Live the gimmick, brother. 

I think with Tim Sylvia, it was 50% gimmick, 50% someone please recognize me...pretty please.

33 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

We need to dig up the Johnny kickpad discussion from months ago if we're talking about fashion in wrestling. Lest we get into how no one ever wipes their feet anymore before getting into the ring like Regal used to. 

On Friday in Manchester, everyone wiped their feet on the apron. The show started with an "Introducing the Fighters" deal like PRIDE, so everyone in that actually did it twice. 

Viet Muller and Tim Thatcher were on the show, and they're both Ringkampf guys, Der Matte ist Helig (the Mat is Sacred) and all that. Not the type of guys you'd want to antagonise needlessly. Or needfully, either.

12 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I think with Tim Sylvia, it was 50% gimmick, 50% someone please recognize me...pretty please.

Probably more 40/60 with Sylvia but we need more people being super petty about that, like Owen and his Slammy. I wanna feel like it means something. I presume Brock walks around his nature reserve wearing the title. 

22 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Wrestling needs more guys like Tim Slyvia wearing the belt to the grocery store. Live the gimmick, brother. 

They aren't home nearly enough to go to the grocery store.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Probably more 40/60 with Sylvia but we need more people being super petty about that, like Owen and his Slammy. I wanna feel like it means something. I presume Brock walks around his nature reserve wearing the title. 

Brock probably uses it as a paperweight.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I swear I recall an incident that was reported on the underground or somewhere else and there were pictures and what not to go with it of Tim Sylvia wearing his title belt out somewhere in Vegas and getting pissed because a parking attendant or something like that didn't know who he was.

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I swear I recall an incident that was reported on the underground or somewhere else and there were pictures and what not to go with it of Tim Sylvia wearing his title belt out somewhere in Vegas and getting pissed because a parking attendant or something like that didn't know who he was.

Tim Sylvia was a kid with terrible self esteem issues, who thought growing up and becoming heavyweight champion would solve all his problems.  He reached that goal and everyone still treated him like a bitch.  

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of stories like that because I've heard Greg Savage and Jeff Sherwood tell similar accounts about Tim years ago when Sherdog Radio was still a thing. I mean no one at MFS really liked Tim, and he got bullied by Matt Hughes (who by accounts from his book is a psychopath) who is a foot shorter than him. So the first thing you're going to do for attention if you win something is bring that shit everywhere. This being the same guy who wanted to try boxing because he thought every heavyweight boxer was making millions and millions of dollars and it would be easy money, he obviously wouldn't know that a bunch of people weren't watching MMA then and almost everyone who saw him probably just thought he was just some strange looking person with severe mental deficiencies. They probably thought it was a wrestling replica belt.

• Like 1

Let me put it this way because a lot of people seem to be missing the point that they are co-workers,  both Mauro and Graves.  If I went on a social media platform and started bashing my co-workers what the fuck do you think would happen?  

Honest question because some of you just don't get it...  what the fuck would happen?  Hint:  we wouldn't be co-workers anymore. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I predicted that he would lose the main event of the Moosin: God of Martial Arts pay-per-view live on the air, and then I was standing right next to him a few hours later while he was watching the fight.

• Haha 1

On the mention of the corner 10-punch, I wanna say Cody does it sorta regularly if I'm remembering right

Also, Maven was awesome. One of my favorites of the mid 00s. Loved his match(es) with Triple H when he got the chance to mix it up near the main events.