DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

1 hour ago, Goodear said:

Being bi polar doesn’t give you the right to never be criticized again. Even if Corey is a dickhead (and he is) it doesn’t mean you should run home and miss Survivor Series if you’re supposed to be there. It also doesn’t mean mma guys should come beat the guy up.  That’s stupid.  Everyone’s stupid.

I agree with you on everything except I do think mma guys should beat up Graves. That would be awesome. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Not only does his phone work, but thanks to Rusev I can attest that Mr. Graves' refrigerator is running...

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

If, and I say if again because I don't know, what was reported is what I wrote above there is no "story". What is Graves going to say? He didn't make those Tweets? Mauro is lying? 

No, even if the facts aren't in dispute, you'd still want to give Graves a chance to give his side or make some kind of comment. 

1 hour ago, BEN! said:

If Ranallo didn't run right away to vanity search himself looking to get his ass kissed, he wouldn't have ended up logging off with his chapped ass.  In the words of Chuck D, welcome to the terrordrome.

Also, it's always amusing that whenever it's perceived that Ranallo is up in his feelings that Meltzer starts stirring shit up and dog abandoning Frank Shamrock threatens to punch someone.

Welcome to the terrordrome? Son, you have no idea what you just stepped in...

• Like 6

2 hours ago, BEN! said:

If Ranallo didn't run right away to vanity search himself looking to get his ass kissed, he wouldn't have ended up logging off with his chapped ass.  In the words of Chuck D, welcome to the terrordrome.

Also, it's always amusing that whenever it's perceived that Ranallo is up in his feelings that Meltzer starts stirring shit up and dog abandoning Frank Shamrock threatens to punch someone.

With all due respect, you should probably stick to Buckhouse Buck & Stud Stable fantasy booking.

• Like 13

39 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Not only does his phone work, but thanks to Rusev I can attest that Mr. Graves' refrigerator is running...

The line is busy. @OSJ, I hope you asked for Sterling James Keenan.

I can't wait until December, so this thread can die a much deserved death. The stigma mental health issues carry is really sad and the general ignorance and/or lacking of compassion is equally as sad, especially on a board that is generally more progressive and caring than other places.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

For whatever it's worth, I recall Mauro pretty much tweeting that he was going through a bout of anxiety and depression maybe an hour after Takeover and hoping it'll hold off long enough for him to enjoy what a night Takeover was. Graves being an insufferable prick is nothing new, but sooner or later he's going to push the wrong one, and head issues be damned, I wouldn't be shocked if someone pushes back something fierce. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Outsider said:

For whatever it's worth, I recall Mauro pretty much tweeting that he was going through a bout of anxiety and depression maybe an hour after Takeover and hoping it'll hold off long enough for him to enjoy what a night Takeover was. Graves being an insufferable prick is nothing new, but sooner or later he's going to push the wrong one, and head issues be damned, I wouldn't be shocked if someone pushes back something fierce. 

IMO, Graves concussion history would make it that much sweeter if Bas Rutten or Frank Shamrock were to repeatedly punch him in the head.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The line is busy. @OSJ, I hope you asked for Sterling James Keenan.

I can't wait until December, so this thread can die a much deserved death. The stigma mental health issues carry is really sad and the general ignorance and/or lacking of compassion is equally as sad, especially on a board that is generally more progressive and caring than other places.

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

IMO, Graves concussion history would make it that much sweeter if Bas Rutten or Frank Shamrock were to repeatedly punch him in the head.

Ummm... Eddie? Brain damage is kind of, sort of, a mental health issue, like technically.

Also, Bas would only need one punch, assuming he was doing his car key deal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AxB said:

Ummm... Eddie? Brain damage is kind of, sort of, a mental health issue, like technically.

Also, Bas would only need one punch, assuming he was doing his car key deal.

You're right. I was being prick because of Graves and others being a prick. I'm a flawed individual; I can admit that.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Damn straight, now pick out your shovels, we're going grave-robbing.

You just reminded me of Ray on Mr. Inbetween picking out the shovel at the store and proceeding to use it for some very not-shoveling activity. I'm sure his character would have some particular things to say to that jerk Graves. 

mr-inbetween.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

Picking on a guy who literally has a movie about his mental problems floating around out there, man... really? 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I remember seeing that story about Graves and how he couldn't work anymore, his career was over and how was he going to support his wife and family, etc.  

Fast forward a couple years and he is an insufferable prick on Twitter and left his family for Carmella.  

Just throwing this out there, but he and his wife seemingly split before Carmella. It also seems less like he left his family and more like he and the wife split custody. 

40 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I don't believe Dave and Jim are talking right now and Jim gave his side of things on his podcast so what's the point in calling Jim?

I mentioned it in regards to the whole “does Dave try to talk to people in the news?” Conversation and because Brian did specifically ask Jim if Dave had talked to him for the story.

i agree that Dave really didn’t to talk to him to get his side because of the podcast, but it was a good example that fit the discussion. 

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

Just throwing this out there, but he and his wife seemingly split before Carmella. It also seems less like he left his family and more like he and the wife split custody. 

this is true. I am pretty close with Matt's brother Sam (Used to be close with Matt too 15 yrs or so ago but anyhow)  Matt came in to do a show here in Pittsburgh and he had his kids with him. The kids were extremely well behaved and they made signs for their dad and for Uncle Sam (adonis and no the signs were not red, white, and blue)  Matt has always been hot headed though and will sometimes tweet or say things in the spur of the moment. Sam is the same way, think back to what he said at the Rev Pro show that got him in hot water.  Do I think he intended to hurt Mauro?  No I don't, but I do think he was trying to make a joke that didn't go over nearly as he hoped it would. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BEN! said:

"Up in his feelings?"  Holy shit, dude.  The guy is bi-polar and, on top of that, was having a pretty shitty couple of days with his illness.  I hope you never know how awful that kind of thing is, or even just how bad a bout of even plain old anxiety is.  And if you do, I hope you encounter people with more empathy than yourself. 

10 hours ago, Goodear said:

No it’s not cool.  But saying someone is talking too much on commentary is not akin to some gross insult to human decency even if they are bi polar.  It’s not cool and that’s about it.

He dragged a coworker in public, making fun of another human being and using them to get over with a bunch of Internet marks.  It's low and disgusting.  Please don't frame this like Graves had some reasonable, constructive criticism for Renallo that he presented in a professional manner.  He had a shitty, snarky comment that he made purely for Likes or whatever they call it on Twitter.  It's grotesque behavior from a shitty person.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3