DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

If Ranallo didn't run right away to vanity search himself looking to get his ass kissed, he wouldn't have ended up logging off with his chapped ass.  In the words of Chuck D, welcome to the terrordrome.

Also, it's always amusing that whenever it's perceived that Ranallo is up in his feelings that Meltzer starts stirring shit up and dog abandoning Frank Shamrock threatens to punch someone.

11 minutes ago, BEN! said:

If Ranallo didn't run right away to vanity search himself looking to get his ass kissed, he wouldn't have ended up logging off with his chapped ass.  In the words of Chuck D, welcome to the terrordrome.

Also, it's always amusing that whenever it's perceived that Ranallo is up in his feelings that Meltzer starts stirring shit up and dog abandoning Frank Shamrock threatens to punch someone.

What kind of fucking ghoul are you? 

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, BEN! said:

This needed more references.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BEN! said:

Yeah, that comes off like the ramblings of a jackass, sorry to say. The man is bi-polar, not some guy whining about not being handed stuff, it's not a simple situation.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Custos said:

Well if he said 5446 was his number but now somebody has it, I would have been all over that. What’s that Simpson’s quote about ‘it’ passing you by as you get older?

The psychological rush of like and retweets can’t help but remind me of something closer to home...

*sits in the corner and strokes his Likes lovingly*

I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was, now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you. Note: Abe was never with it.

• Thanks 1

Being bi polar doesn’t give you the right to never be criticized again. Even if Corey is a dickhead (and he is) it doesn’t mean you should run home and miss Survivor Series if you’re supposed to be there. It also doesn’t mean mma guys should come beat the guy up.  That’s stupid.  Everyone’s stupid.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Goodear said:

Being bi polar doesn’t give you the right to never be criticized again. Even if Corey is a dickhead (and he is) it doesn’t mean you should run home and miss Survivor Series if you’re supposed to be there. It also doesn’t mean mma guys should come beat the guy up.  That’s stupid.  Everyone’s stupid.

Two things: there's a big difference between criticism from people and mean-spirited subtweets from a co-worker.

And... That thing Frank tweeted that everyone is seeing as a threat to Graves, Graves literally tweeted just before he attacked Mauro. It's an Ice T quote that Corey put out there and Frank reminded him of.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Goodear said:

Sure, but Graves should've addressed Mauro either face-to-face or at least over the phone, not over social media. If it were somebody not attached to WWE, I don't think this would be a big problem but it's a coworker laying into a guy with mental health issues online.

I have heard that Mauro is hardly an angel himself. I cannot stand him or his commentary, like try watching his Joe Rogan appearance with Bas. But for a coworker to take open shots at him on social media instead of 1-to-1 isn't cool.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 1

No it’s not cool.  But saying someone is talking too much on commentary is not akin to some gross insult to human decency even if they are bi polar.  It’s not cool and that’s about it.

It’s not just the one comment, which could be ambiguous and be genuinely meant to big up Beth and Nigel (albeit in a wonky way), he was liking tweets that were critical of Mauro.

That, plus the fact he KNOWS what Mauro went through with JBL takes him beyond the line of plausible deniability to clearly being mean spirited and/or attention seeking and/or jealous.

The ‘I’m disappointed in you’ Dave tweet was gold though. I hope he keeps a running count a la Santino and the honk-o-meter and continues to shame Corey every week. If anyone needed to be brought down a few pegs...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Is Corey dumb enough to think that Dave hasn't already spoken to Frank and/or Mauro?

That's a stupid question. Obviously the answer is yes he is.

No.  Graves is saying Dave didn’t call HIM. Since he’s one of the key people in the story, it’s Dave’s journalistic responsibility to at least try to do that. If Dave didn’t do that, he is wrong just to go to the other parties for the story.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

What's the Bischoff/Kahn thing Dave mentioned?

Bischoff said Khan left the Schiavone roast back at Starrcast or whatever it was after Mark Madden called him a money mark. That was later refuted by many people, including Mr. Roll Tide. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Goodear said:

No it’s not cool.  But saying someone is talking too much on commentary is not akin to some gross insult to human decency even if they are bi polar.  It’s not cool and that’s about it.

Luckily for Graves he has plenty of people showing him some sympathy during what is surely a trying time for him.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Goodear said:

No.  Graves is saying Dave didn’t call HIM. Since he’s one of the key people in the story, it’s Dave’s journalistic responsibility to at least try to do that. If Dave didn’t do that, he is wrong just to go to the other parties for the story.

This is a good point. Dave should know better.

12 minutes ago, Goodear said:

I didn't hear what Dave said so I could be missing something here. If he hears directly from Mauro's camp that he missed the PPV due to the stuff Graves tweeted and he reported that, what's the point in contacting him?

15 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

I didn't hear what Dave said so I could be missing something here. If he hears directly from Mauro's camp that he missed the PPV due to the stuff Graves tweeted and he reported that, what's the point in contacting him?

Because it's Journalism 101 stuff. Get both sides of the story.

1 minute ago, mattdangerously said:

Because it's Journalism 101 stuff. Get both sides of the story.

If, and I say if again because I don't know, what was reported is what I wrote above there is no "story". What is Graves going to say? He didn't make those Tweets? Mauro is lying? 

• Like 1