DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So ACH is being advertised as wrestling on an indie show tomorrow

So if true, that's one way to get your release from the company

One of his recent tweets had the new tag line “For The Wrestling Culture”, so yeah I think at this point he just wanted to get out of that fucking contract George Costanza style. I guess this will be the new tactic soon. Though I have a feeling if somebody tries this again we could see Vince go for the tactic of committing a wrestler to a mad house just to avoid releasing them. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

and then ROH goes and fires Kelly Klein by email.  Smooth ROH  real smooth

Seeing ROH's fall, as it has done to where it was at its peak with Bryan Danielson, Samoa Joe, CM Punk and ROH vs. CZW.

• Like 2

Is it safe to say that he probably did sign off on that crappy t-shirt as WWE said, and then he changed his mind once he decided he wanted to get out of his contract? Haven't been following it that closely.

6 minutes ago, Swiftian said:

Is it safe to say that he probably did sign off on that crappy t-shirt as WWE said, and then he changed his mind once he decided he wanted to get out of his contract? Haven't been following it that closely.

Ehhhh... Whatever. One wrestler less in WWE’s monopoly scheme.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Swiftian said:

He said he did approve the shirt but when it was shown to him it was shown on a white background.

It seems based on most reporting that there was other stuff going on already. The shirt controversy was just the final straw.

42 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Del Rio?

I thought the same. I attended a house show in April 2016 and there was a tag match, Alberto Del Rio/Kevin Owens vs. AJ Styles/Sami Zayn. The latter three generated great reactions, nobody gave two shits about the bridge burner.

For the don't understand Oney's meta reference

From the new WON regarding Triple H's most recent Takeover phone call

When asked about guys who have asked for their releases and whether they would grant them, he kind of beat around the subject saying that guys shouldn’t do their business on social media and if they have a problem or an issue, they should talk about it internally with the company. He tried to say that maybe some of the people doing it are doing it for attention and clicks, but I really don’t think that’s the case with the people publicly asking. Even a guy like Orton wasn’t doing it for the clicks, but the attention had to do with using it for contract purposes.

2 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

ACH showing everyone just how to get released by WWE and still get a payday.  Has anyone else in recent memory left and been allowed to work booking so soon after?

This should be clarified as folks who have gotten their release as opposed to folks whose contracts ran out.

Because Ambrose/Moxley was pretty much signed by AEW the second his WWE contract was up.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Custos said:

@Cobra Commander I said in the AEW thread that the fact that the combined Wednesday viewership is higher than some 3rd hours of Raw hopefully bodes well for the sustainability of great midweek wrestling (or speaks to the shocking recent Raw viewer retention, YMMV), albeit there is some hotshotting on the NXT side.

On another note, this week’s best wrestler reaction is a hotly run contest between Peyton Royce’s roar and ‘hang loose’ at Joes entrance, and Jungle Boy covering his eyes in horror as Orange Cassidy winds up to decapitate Billy Gunn with a brutal kick. I’m an unashamed fan of the IIconics act, and Jungle Boy is so entertaining with his non-wrestling body language.

No love for Orange Cassidy’s lowering of the shades for Sonny Kiss’ twerking?

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

"The game" seems to be the fucking problem in these situations. You're supposed to play it nice while they can play it any way they want it. 

This game is rigged, man.

Edited by Robert s
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Robert s said:

This game is rigged, man.

It took me about a half minute total to walk away from the keyboard before that popped into my head

EDIT: Now I'm seeing HHH as Levy saying "You wanted to be in the game... now, you're in the game."

Edited by Curt McGirt