DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

16 minutes ago, CSC said:
Real voice Undertaker is tripping me out nearly as much as the first time I heard real voice Dusty Rhodes.

Yeah - Taker thinking he was going to be The Gobbledy Gooker is gonna make me giggle the rest of the day

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Jacksonville Dixie

pm9oNjh.gif

Fuck Randy Orton. 

Someone name me one thing Randy Orton has done that’s significant in like almost 20 years of a career now besides being able to generate a temporary mass cure for insomnia every time he appears on TV.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Zartan said:

Fuck Randy Orton. 

Someone name me one thing Randy Orton has done that’s significant in like almost 20 years of a career now besides being able to generate a temporary mass cure for insomnia every time he appears on TV.

I have this strange feeling that you might not be asking in good faith...

He went super-violent, faked a psych diagnosis to explain it, and punted a ton of dudes in the head. That was awesome. 

But yo, fuck that dude, seriously. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Zartan said:

Fuck Randy Orton. 

• Like 2

He has his moments, but then ??‍♂️. If I have to pinpoint exactly where everyone creatively fucks up, it’s Randy does something different(Acts crazy, does a cool move, has an asshole heel moment...) probably on his own with no direction, and then the writers have to fit it into a story, and Randy doesn’t give them shit except the tip of his dick when the writers ask him for more ideas. So we end up with awful follow-ups. They should just be less subtle, and more literal with Randy by making him a psycho jock. All these stupid extra subplots don’t  help him one bit, and make everything convoluted.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

DbZFEs1.gif

Ok you got me on this one. 

So almost 20 years and I’ve gotten all these answers to account for MAYBE one years worth of good shit if I’m being generous. 

The cutter list goes like this- 

1. DDP

2. Kanyon

3. Orton

He is the poster boy for riding a last name of someone that came before him that was infinitely better. If WCW worked as hard at making Erik Watts a star I’m sure after 20 years we’d be able to piece together more then just a decent year. 

1 hour ago, Smelly McUgly said:

He went super-violent, faked a psych diagnosis to explain it, and punted a ton of dudes in the head. That was awesome. 

But yo, fuck that dude, seriously. 

Fuck that fake diagnosis shit though, because for months after that I had to screen out people who were seeking disability by way of a psych diagnosis who were claiming "intermittent explosive disorder" as the reason why they weren't able to work and therefore needed a check.

I would reply, "You mean, like Randy Orton?"

"Yeah!"  100% of the time.

And I get that was Creative.  But still, fuck Randy Orton.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

He also has the only finisher in WWE that somehow stays over even when every match degenerates into finisher spam.

Even more impressive when you see his finisher spammed in every other match on the card.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Godfrey said:

Even more impressive when you see his finisher spammed in every other match on the card.

Even more when you see his finisher spammed in every match on OTHER promotions cards.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, nate said:

Fuck that fake diagnosis shit though, because for months after that I had to screen out people who were seeking disability by way of a psych diagnosis who were claiming "intermittent explosive disorder" as the reason why they weren't able to work and therefore needed a check.

I would reply, "You mean, like Randy Orton?"

"Yeah!"  100% of the time.

And I get that was Creative.  But still, fuck Randy Orton.

So, fuck scammers, in other words.

Which includes Randy Orton, actually, considering his social media AEW flirt-fest that he embarked upon in order to get a better contract. 

I guess it all comes back to "fuck Randy Orton" when you really come down to it. 

Edited by Smelly McUgly
  • Haha 1

Foley/Orton was a tremendous feud in 03/04.

I really enjoyed AJ/Orton at Mania, had really good psychology and pacing behind it. Rather than guys spamming shit in, it was a match built around each guy avoiding the other's big moves and building up that suspense to one of them finally hitting it.

Orton put Mark Henry over in a huge way during the Hall of Pain run.

The Taker feud was mostly stupid outside the ring but delivered in-ring...and probably gave Taker HIV.

Survivor Series 03 was probably the best Survivor Series team match ever?

.....that was tough to compile

• Like 2