DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

3 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Interesting that Lorcan wants out. He seemed to have a good thing going on 205 and NXT, I wonder what went down. Was he one of the Not Top 20 that was left in Saudi Arabia?

That's about the safest bet you could make.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Interesting that Lorcan wants out. He seemed to have a good thing going on 205 and NXT, I wonder what went down. Was he one of the Not Top 20 that was left in Saudi Arabia?

It's more interesting if this is the case that they didn't manage to translate his Twitter gimmick to his wrestling gimmick and handle this.

A crazed possible homeless nutter who slams down alcohol, rocks to metal music, goes to the ring and beats the crap out of his opponent in a way you can feel the hits at home- then does it all again the next week and on is pro wrestling personified. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

They’ve apparently wanted him to be a coach. So I assume he feels slighted by that.

Can't say I exactly blame him. He's only 33. It's not like he's in his 40s or been plagued by injuries and is slowing down noticeably. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

It's more interesting if this is the case that they didn't manage to translate his Twitter gimmick to his wrestling gimmick and handle this.

A crazed possible homeless nutter who slams down alcohol, rocks to metal music, goes to the ring and beats the crap out of his opponent in a way you can feel the hits at home- then does it all again the next week and on is pro wrestling personified. 

His tweet about how every Tuesday before Smackdown him and Vince lock each other in the old man's office, take their shirts off and have a push ups contest while screaming at each other might be the greatest thing ever on the twitter machine

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I flipping loved this movie. This scene. And that goddamn soundtrack is EPIC.

My favourite scene from The Crow:

T Bird's in disbelief that Eric Draven is alive, the awesome score by Graeme Revell and ending on the flaming crow symbol. Great movie for the story, soundtrack, visuals and performances. So sad what happened to Brandon Lee. That understandably affected Michael Massee.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

My favourite scene from The Crow:

T Bird's in disbelief that Eric Draven is alive, the awesome score by Graeme Revell and ending on the flaming crow symbol. Great movie for the story, soundtrack, visuals and performances. So sad what happened to Brandon Lee. That understandably affected Michael Massee.

LOVE this scene. "This is the really real world. There ain't no coming back" God, we could do a whole thread on just why that whole movie is fucking epic

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On the Crow: Love the NIN Joy Division cover, the Cure tune, TKK, Rollins making Vega-Rev Suicide lots of money, and the Mary Chain.  The STP and Siberry tunes.  A bit patchy after that for my tastes.  

The movie had some style, but always seemed a bit goofy to me - with it's cliched dialogue and slightly macho melodrama.  It was kinda like pre-Crow-post-Surfer-blonde brunette Sting - there's something there, but it just doesn't quite work.  I think the Crow character worked better in the wrestling arena.  

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 6:38 PM, Cobra Commander said:

Let’s take some time to wonder how many drugs they were doing in Mexico in the late 90s

That chess position looks to be barely legal. Either they were just randomly moving the pieces on the board, or those guys are playing their first chess game of their lives.

Edited by Robert s

12 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

You all will turn on Lorcan as soon as he tweets out...

”I WAS THE ONE THAT REPLACED THE FAKE BULLETS WITH REAL BULLETS IN THE GUN THAT KILLED BRANDON LEE!”

I would turn on Biff, but also be impressed that someone who was about 8 at the time would be able to pull off such a scheme.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

You all will turn on Lorcan as soon as he tweets out...

”I WAS THE ONE THAT REPLACED THE FAKE BULLETS WITH REAL BULLETS IN THE GUN THAT KILLED BRANDON LEE!”

That's not what happened. They bought the gun second hand (from a pawn shop or something) and didn't clean it. There was a fragment of real bullet lodged in the barrel, so when the blank round was fired, the fragment came firing out with it, and that's what his Brandon Lee in the chest.

The fake bullets replaced by real bullets was how Bruce Lee's character died (faked his death) in Game of Death.

• Like 2

Shayna Baszler's held the NXT Women's Championship for over a year, October 2018 to present day in her second reign.

I was thinking about wrestlers who have held a WWE Title for a year and over since Randy Savage's first time as WWE Champion in March 1988-April 1989.

I've come up with:

John Cena, WWE Champion, September 2006-October 2007.

CM Punk, WWE Champion, November 2011-January 2013.

The New Day, WWE Tag Team Championship (now the RAW Tag Team Championship), August 2015-December 2016.

Asuka, WWE NXT Women's Championship, April 2016-September 2017.

Brock Lesnar, WWE Universal Champion, April 2017-August 2018.

Pete Dunne, WWE United Kingdom Champion, May 2017-April 2019.

Shayna Baszler, WWE NXT Women's Champion, October 2018-present day.

---

Of those, I most remember John Cena's because I didn't think it would happen again and Asuka going undefeated inside NXT.

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1