DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

11 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Dude by any chance were you the ring announcer for Best Friends, Stiffer Enemies? If so, gotta tell you: the sip of the water during Steve Corino's intro was pure awesome

No, that show was in Connecticut. I ring announced in the Midwest (Pittsburgh, Dayton, Chicago) until they went with Bobby Cruise full-time at ROH Gold in October 2004.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Red strap, Blue strap, Black Strap, it's all a nonsense. The dominant colour of a Championship Belt should always be Gold. The corporate logo belts all look like shit.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Red strap, Blue strap, Black Strap, it's all a nonsense. The dominant colour of a Championship Belt should always be Gold. The corporate logo belts all look like shit.

With you. Such a difference in quality from the NXT Championships and NXT UK Titles to main roster ones. Exception to that is the timeless Intercontinental Championship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oney Lorcan, aka the former Biff Busick, requested a WWE release at the end of last month, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

Lorcan, who teamed with Danny Burch in WWE NXT and 205 Live, has not yet been granted.

Lorcan was signed by WWE in September 2015 after strong runs in EVOLVE, Beyond Wrestling and CZW, among other companies.

Lorcan has reverted back to his former ring name, Biff Busick, on social media, but has not publicly commented on the matter.

https://pwinsider.com/article/131444/205-live-star-requests-wwe-release.html?p=1

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Sad 2

On 11/14/2019 at 10:42 PM, The Natural said:

I like behind the scenes features. One for my fellow Sasha Banks fan, @Niners Fan in CT.

What is most amazing is that this means at when they gave Lana her her quackity sax theme and she was going to be the dancing wrestler, she actually rehearsed her hilariously dumb-looking dance in front of people and they were like "Perfect! You clearly have a lot of training as a dancer."

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Add Oney Lorcan to the big list of wrestlers wanting out of WWE this year: Jon Moxley, Luke Harper, Sasha Banks, the Revival, Tye Dillinger, KENTA, Mike and Maria Kanellis. Probably missing someone.

34 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Did Lyger need a guy, and a lab to help him jump to the middle rope to pose when the big magical sounding chorus hit? No dammit!

Minoru Suzuki didn't need anybody to teach him to enter the ring as Kaze Ni Nare's chorus hits and if they did, he'd kick them in the face like he does the Young Lions holding the ring ropes!

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Add Oney Lorcan to the big list of wrestlers wanting out of WWE this year: Jon Moxley, Luke Harper, Sasha Banks, the Revival, Tye Dillinger, KENTA, Mike and Maria Kanellis. Probably missing someone.

Jorge "Sin Cara" Arias

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Interesting that Lorcan wants out. He seemed to have a good thing going on 205 and NXT, I wonder what went down. Was he one of the Not Top 20 that was left in Saudi Arabia?

That's about the safest bet you could make.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Interesting that Lorcan wants out. He seemed to have a good thing going on 205 and NXT, I wonder what went down. Was he one of the Not Top 20 that was left in Saudi Arabia?

It's more interesting if this is the case that they didn't manage to translate his Twitter gimmick to his wrestling gimmick and handle this.

A crazed possible homeless nutter who slams down alcohol, rocks to metal music, goes to the ring and beats the crap out of his opponent in a way you can feel the hits at home- then does it all again the next week and on is pro wrestling personified. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

They’ve apparently wanted him to be a coach. So I assume he feels slighted by that.

Can't say I exactly blame him. He's only 33. It's not like he's in his 40s or been plagued by injuries and is slowing down noticeably. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2