DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

lol i'll pretend u said 18

Shows you how long ago this was that I had to think about your reference for a second before I got it, laughed, and then cringed over that being a thing.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

I've seen Punk wrestle live more times than I can count or remember, but I think my favorite match he was in that I saw live was the Second City Saints vs the Briscoes for the ROH Tag Team Championships at ROH Reborn Stage 2. I think I was in the 3rd or 4th row and the crowd was electric. We blew the roof off of that place when they won.

If I hadn't been 6 or 7 hours away on vacation when Money in the Bank 2011 went down then I would have been there for that and that would have been at the top of my list.

Cool - I ring announced that show.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Let’s take some time to wonder how many drugs they were doing in Mexico in the late 90s

This was some primo tape-trading stuff during a hot period for that activity. I would often pad out a request with a random lucha shows from that time,  because there were so many amazing workers, hot feuds and crazy angles that it was  a sue fire crowd pleaser for those with elevated taste.

- RAF

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Dude by any chance were you the ring announcer for Best Friends, Stiffer Enemies? If so, gotta tell you: the sip of the water during Steve Corino's intro was pure awesome

No, that show was in Connecticut. I ring announced in the Midwest (Pittsburgh, Dayton, Chicago) until they went with Bobby Cruise full-time at ROH Gold in October 2004.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Red strap, Blue strap, Black Strap, it's all a nonsense. The dominant colour of a Championship Belt should always be Gold. The corporate logo belts all look like shit.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Red strap, Blue strap, Black Strap, it's all a nonsense. The dominant colour of a Championship Belt should always be Gold. The corporate logo belts all look like shit.

With you. Such a difference in quality from the NXT Championships and NXT UK Titles to main roster ones. Exception to that is the timeless Intercontinental Championship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oney Lorcan, aka the former Biff Busick, requested a WWE release at the end of last month, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

Lorcan, who teamed with Danny Burch in WWE NXT and 205 Live, has not yet been granted.

Lorcan was signed by WWE in September 2015 after strong runs in EVOLVE, Beyond Wrestling and CZW, among other companies.

Lorcan has reverted back to his former ring name, Biff Busick, on social media, but has not publicly commented on the matter.

https://pwinsider.com/article/131444/205-live-star-requests-wwe-release.html?p=1

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Sad 2

On 11/14/2019 at 10:42 PM, The Natural said:

I like behind the scenes features. One for my fellow Sasha Banks fan, @Niners Fan in CT.

What is most amazing is that this means at when they gave Lana her her quackity sax theme and she was going to be the dancing wrestler, she actually rehearsed her hilariously dumb-looking dance in front of people and they were like "Perfect! You clearly have a lot of training as a dancer."

What I love is that they spend all this time working on the Eddie shimmy, which way her hand should go on the apron, how to hit the hard cam on the beat at the end etc and then you go and watch the actual entrance & they cut away from all of those points to show Bayley sitting at the announce desk doing nothing!

Edited by L_W_P

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Add Oney Lorcan to the big list of wrestlers wanting out of WWE this year: Jon Moxley, Luke Harper, Sasha Banks, the Revival, Tye Dillinger, KENTA, Mike and Maria Kanellis. Probably missing someone.

34 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Did Lyger need a guy, and a lab to help him jump to the middle rope to pose when the big magical sounding chorus hit? No dammit!

Minoru Suzuki didn't need anybody to teach him to enter the ring as Kaze Ni Nare's chorus hits and if they did, he'd kick them in the face like he does the Young Lions holding the ring ropes!

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Add Oney Lorcan to the big list of wrestlers wanting out of WWE this year: Jon Moxley, Luke Harper, Sasha Banks, the Revival, Tye Dillinger, KENTA, Mike and Maria Kanellis. Probably missing someone.

Jorge "Sin Cara" Arias

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1