DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

First I heard of the fight was on this board (been busy for a few days), so I googled some news stories.  Apparently Havoc took a swing, Excalibur choked him out. Havoc came to, went after him again, landed a punch.  Excalibur apparently met him outside later to work it out and Havoc threw his cell phone at him (he missed and it hit a wall).  So Havoc fights like a sad little middle aged edgelord, too.  I say let him go.  Excalibur is the company's best commentator.  Havoc is less necessary than Shawn Spears and that says a lot.

And of course it happened at Jimmy's which is unsurprising considering they seem to have a fight at least once or twice a weekend.  I'll have to swing by and see if anybody I'm friendly with there was around for that.

32 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Fuck... It just hit me that with his latest 5 year contract, Randy Orton is still going to be working for WWE 20 YEARS after he won the world title...

I'm a fan of Orton but geez, that's insane to think about.

Hell, his expiring contract was for 10 years.

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

And of course it happened at Jimmy's which is unsurprising considering they seem to have a fight at least once or twice a weekend.  I'll have to swing by and see if anybody I'm friendly with there was around for that.

Darby Allin got into an altercation with some "famous" Instagram skateboard guy, too.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ace said:

Hell, his expiring contract was for 10 years.

Right?!?

It just sank in today. 20 years of Orton. 15+ with the same music, presentation, gimmick (mostly) and no sign of them doing anything different. At least guys like Taker and Hogan went through different stages and tuned their gimmicks to suit the times.

Orton has been the same dude since 2008...

Per PWI (and to the surprise of no one) - the WWE will not be granting Sin Cara his release

He was supposed to work RAW next week when they return from the UK but instead he will be sent home (the implication being that he will just be sitting out the remainder of his contract... a 3 year deal he just signed in May)

Will he get paid for sitting out his contract?

For those sitting out their contracts -- do they get paid the same amount they would for being active?

If so, then yeah, that would not be that bad of a gig.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Per PWI (and to the surprise of no one) - the WWE will not be granting Sin Cara his release

He was supposed to work RAW next week when they return from the UK but instead he will be sent home (the implication being that he will just be sitting out the remainder of his contract... a 3 year deal he just signed in May)

That’s fucking stupid. Just let the guy go. It’s not like he’ll be an important free agent to a rival wrestling company. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Will he get paid for sitting out his contract?

For those sitting out their contracts -- do they get paid the same amount they would for being active?

If so, then yeah, that would not be that bad of a gig.

Three years of ring rust is a bad gig, I’d say.

Also talent being sent home to sit out their contracts likely only get their downside guarantee, which probably isn’t that much for someone like Sin Cara. But there’s people on this board that think it’s perfectly acceptable for Kelly Klein to be making 24K a year at the amount of dates she works, so whatever.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

That’s fucking stupid. Just let the guy go. It’s not like he’ll be an important free agent to a rival wrestling company. 

I do agree that he wouldn't be any type of asset to any other company and he's a little too slow to be working with some of those AEW guys.  However, if they start granting releases for every guy that tweets about wanting one, then it sets a precedent.  From a business standpoint, they don't want to be sending the message that all you have to do is tweet about wanting out, and you'll get a release.  I feel bad for him and Kinellis but how did they not see this coming?  

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

Three years of ring rust is a bad gig, I’d say.

He can put a ring in his backyard and wrestle with Mike Kannelis and the rest of the guys who just signed multi year deals who are bound to repeat this trying to give your notice on Twitter trend. 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Meltzing Pot said:

It was a Jimmy Rave-related joke. When he was in the heel group The Embassy in ROH, his manager Prince Nana would constantly accuse people of knowing nothing about shrimp cocktail. I don’t wish this on you, as that would be a pretty mean curse to put on someone.

... I knew ... I failed at making a joke.

WHY  WOULD  YOU  CALL  ME  OUT  LIKE  THAT?!??! ?

• Haha 1