DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Havoc would be best served at this point to be a super-evil manager who can take bumps when needed.  I like his death match stuff but when he does a regular match in AEW the crowd isn't as into it even if he's good.  And I'm not sure where he had the fight with Excalibur but would love to read more about it (F4W wasn't much help)

First I heard of the fight was on this board (been busy for a few days), so I googled some news stories.  Apparently Havoc took a swing, Excalibur choked him out. Havoc came to, went after him again, landed a punch.  Excalibur apparently met him outside later to work it out and Havoc threw his cell phone at him (he missed and it hit a wall).  So Havoc fights like a sad little middle aged edgelord, too.  I say let him go.  Excalibur is the company's best commentator.  Havoc is less necessary than Shawn Spears and that says a lot.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

I kind of enjoy Shawn Spears. Sure, Tully is wasted on him and he shouldn't be on PPV except for when they need bodies for multi-man matches, but he's a perfectly enjoyable low-card TV worker. 

I also enjoy the Dark Order, though, so fuck if I know whom Jimmy Havoc is less necessary than. Actually, maybe Spears isn't the Mendoza line of the company - Havoc is actually the Mendoza line of the company. 

Edited by Smelly McUgly

18 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I kind of enjoy Shawn Spears. Sure, Tully is wasted on him and he shouldn't be on PPV except for when they need bodies for multi-man matches, but he's a perfectly enjoyable low-card TV worker. 

I also enjoy the Dark Order, though, so fuck if I know whom Jimmy Havoc is less necessary than. Actually, maybe Spears isn't the Mendoza line of the company - Havoc is actually the Mendoza line of the company. 

He's married to Peyton Royce so quite frankly he's the biggest winner in the entire promotion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Casey said:

I just found out that Dakota Kai and Shayna Baszler are dating. That's an awesome couple right there.

My first thought was, "Man that's kinda fucked-up since Baszler has been so abusive to Kai."  Kayfabe still lives.

• Haha 3

She got moved back down to the PC already. Apparently it's a new policy of giving some green people a few weeks on the main roster so they aren't overawed on their actual debut.

If Hunico goes to NJPW, that could be interesting. Will he join LIJ or Bullet Club?

32 minutes ago, AxB said:

She got moved back down to the PC already. Apparently it's a new policy of giving some green people a few weeks on the main roster so they aren't overawed on their actual debut.

If Hunico goes to NJPW, that could be interesting. Will he join LIJ or Bullet Club?

The only place I see Hunico landing anywhere is MLW.

33 minutes ago, AxB said:

CHAOS would be way more likely than LIJ which is all-native unless they bring in someone from CMLL.

3 hours ago, nate said:

What the fuck, man??!  WHY  WOULD  YOU  SAY  THAT?!??! ?

It was a Jimmy Rave-related joke. When he was in the heel group The Embassy in ROH, his manager Prince Nana would constantly accuse people of knowing nothing about shrimp cocktail. I don’t wish this on you, as that would be a pretty mean curse to put on someone.

• Haha 1

Great BBC documentary on British wrestling. Goes in detail about the peak days of the late 60's and 70's with the Jackie Pallo feud with Mick McManus, there's a bit of a feat. on folks like Kendo Nagasaki, Klondyke Kate, Johnny Kincaid, Adrian Street and the peak days of the 80's with the Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks feud before the plug was pulled on wrestling on TV.

49 minutes ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

That reads like he's been granted his release which is strange given the Mike Kanellis situation. 

Take off the mask and who is he? WWE wont care because they can always stick someone else under the hood and keep going. This could be that big break Babatunde needed to get called up for Vince.

Just for a summary 

On Monday morning, Sin Cara (Jorge Arias) tweeted a statement in Spanish that said after praying Sunday night and thinking about his children, he had to make the "most difficult but sensible" decision to ask for his WWE release.

In the statement (seen below), Arias reflected on his 20-year career before giving the reason why he wants out (h/t to Mike Killam for the translation):

"I am so grateful for the opportunity they gave me. However, I realized that I am stuck in a place where I am not valued as an athlete or talent. I have worked hard and honestly for many years to polish my trade. I have been loyal and respectful, a team player, supportive, and I have waited patiently for the opportunity to show the world everything I can do. Unfortunately, after all these years, that opportunity never came or I feel that it will ever come while I remain where I am."

He then went on to say that his best years are yet to come and thanked both WWE and the WWE fans for their support. He recently returned to Raw in an angle with Andrade and Zelina Vega.

I remember when he was the maskless Hunico, and I thought he was pretty good. Especially when he wasn’t wrestling like a carbon copy of Místico/Caristico. But as soon as he put the mask back on, and wrestled like a tecnico, that’s when it all fell apart again.  I don’t know what he’ll do now. He’s 42 now, and no other big company will want him. So it looks like small indies, and conventions in his future at this point.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs