DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

1 hour ago, joseph2112 said:

Barefoot on an airplane is some quality, long lasting heel work.

Barefoot below seat level is strongly frowned upon, but doesn't make you a villain...but as soon as you put your nasty, disgusting ass, foot on some shit somebody might touch with their hands, you are dead to me.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Chris Jericho on Inside the NBA? WWE counter-punches with John Cena on tonight's NFL halftime. 

Thursday Night Warz!

I didn't see Cena's appearance, but there's no way it was better than Jericho's!  Chris' segment ended with all of the TNT anchors "wrestling" in a ring.  It was completely bonkers and amazing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'n right on the cusp; I'll be 39 on Thanksgiving. I definitely identify more with Gen X than I do millennials or Gen Y or whatever the hell else it's called. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go play street hockey and then watch Clerks while enjoying grape Gatorade.

I'm right there with you. I'm a year younger than you, and I don't identify with the younger part of people born in the 1980s at all. 

• Like 1

Rusev lost half of his allure when he lost the barefoot aesthetic.

It's insane how far and how much pull Cody's promo from Wednesday is generating. I hate comparisons because.. well It breeds a certain type of fan that I grew out of in my teenage years.. but shit. That was Cody's *pipebomb* promo. I hope AEW haven't booked themselves into a corner with this. Cody needs to win, right? Like is this a fiend situation here? (maybe the wrong thread)

edit: that thread was closed. sigh

Edited by Rehabilitated Rick
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Loki said:

I'm right there with you. I'm a year younger than you, and I don't identify with the younger part of people born in the 1980s at all. 

I’m 38 and don’t want to live on this planet most days. I don’t identify with anything trendy or of the last 20 years. Now all of you get off my lawn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Great ML said:

I’m 38 and don’t want to live on this planet most days. I don’t identify with anything trendy or of the last 20 years. Now all of you get off my lawn.

Why do you think most of my material comes from the 90s? The only thing I really hated about the 90s was school. Being a few years older and able to go to shows earlier than I did would have made it better. Going through high school depressed and not getting help until senior year was hell.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

It's insane how far and how much pull Cody's promo from Wednesday is generating. I hate comparisons because.. well It breeds a certain type of fan that I grew out of in my teenage years.. but shit. That was Cody's *pipebomb* promo. I hope AEW haven't booked themselves into a corner with this. Cody needs to win, right? Like is this a fiend situation here? (maybe the wrong thread)

edit: that thread was closed. sigh

That thread was opened back up. Thibs got banned again. AEW needs to pull the trigger on Cody now. He's as hot as he might ever be, and you could even start to plant the seeds of MJF being jealous or a Hangman Page heel turn, or the winner of Omega/Moxley lined up for a title shot.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

It added alot to his presentation, and I had no clue he was trained by Rikishi and that probably was a Yoko or Umaga Tribute. 

People talk about political assassinations,  I  don't know it anyone today has been more obviously a victim of a political hit than Rusev he has everything going for him, WWE can play off of and even the fact that he has a great personality off screen. He could've been the Bulgarian Umaga or Yokozuna. 

Before they were forced to stop using Yoko, they were slowly humanizing him on screen, having him speak like his real self and everything, much like they did with Taker and Mankind over the years. It would've been interesting if they wouldve just ditched the Japanese gimmick and had him acknowledge his Samoa culture on TV. 

With Rusev they basically buried his Bulgarian brute gimmick and separated him and Lana a few times and turned him into a generic monster heel. I wish they could've let be the strong foreign monster heel that he should've been then slowly let him humanize over time organically. They are letting him show some personality and he does have the natural comedic timing that they usually like to bring out for guys to look bad.

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

Yoko, they were slowly humanizing him on screen, having him speak like his real self and everything, much like they did with Taker and Mankind over the years. It would've been interesting if they wouldve just ditched the Japanese gimmick and had him acknowledge his Samoa culture on TV. 

I always thought he’d have been a perfect fit in NOD if he ever came back... or add him and some other samoans into GANG WARZ

• Like 1