DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

Yeah, man, if I'm going to enjoy wrestling at all in 2019, I need ignorance. Also, I need wrestlers to get the fuck off Twitter and maybe not do any podcasts that are not about wrestling, either. 

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

I read his post as talking about Jericho

In that case, whoops.

Beyond the politics of it, I'm kind of amazed Jericho's show keeps finding a new bottom. WWE starving him out really robbed him of the relevance he had as one of the first big names to jump into the wrestling podcast mix. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

In that case, whoops.

Beyond the politics of it, I'm kind of amazed Jericho's show keeps finding a new bottom. WWE starving him out really robbed him of the relevance he had as one of the first big names to jump into the wrestling podcast mix. 

I don’t think the WWE starving him out is what caused this. Even Austin relies more on interviewing people that hunt Sasquatch over just Interviewing the same wrestlers over and over again. These guys are now catching up to the Joe Rogan‘s of the world.

honestly I don’t care anymore. I stopped listening to wrestler hosted podcasts a long time ago. You can only get so much out of those things. Plus Conrad is all over them. Colt Cabana legitimately had one of the better wrestling podcasts  to me. The stuff with him interviewing legends probably wasn’t the best but his interviews with Indy guys usuallThe stuff with him interviewing legends probably wasn’t the best but his interviews with Indy guys usually made me relate to those individuals.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I don’t think the WWE starving him out is what caused this. Even Austin relies more on interviewing people that hunt Sasquatch over just Interviewing the same wrestlers over and over again. These guys are now catching up to the Joe Rogan‘s of the world.

This is true. On his first-run episodes, Austin's only had three wrestling personalities on in the last two months. Really disappointing. I'd figured they'd be getting fewer downloads with the non-wrestling guests. Anecdotally, I know I hardly ever listen to those ones. Might be I'm way off, but I figure most people listening to these shows are wrestling fans listening to wrestling shows for wrestling talk or talk with people in the wrestling business. I can see why you'd want to grow that base, but who cares about guys like Chris and Steve outside of the wrestling bubble (or in Chris's case, the Fozzy bubble)? And besides, isn't that market that Rogan occupies pretty saturated right now? Of course it's not like the same can't be said of the wrestling podcast market. Or podcasts in general. 

Fingers crossed Austin and Moxley give it another go in the next little while. But I've been waiting years for his promised interview with Taker, so I won't hold my breath. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

Just now, odessasteps said:

On the other hand, Ron Fuller probably has the best wrestler podcast, but I wouldn’t expect most fans to care about the 1975 Knoxville territory or the history of the Welch family. 

That one is alright, but he sounds like he’s reading from an unpublished book. But it is interesting to hear a former wrestler, and guy that ran a territory reveal their showbiz nature.

1 minute ago, Ultimo Necro said:

A lot of my go-to ‘name’ wrestling podcasts have died a death lately, I’ve all but gave up on Jericho, The Conrad-verse (except Arn), Austin, Konnan etc.

Outside of the "ask E&C" episodes, they were on a pretty good run with a steady stream of quality guests. It's a shame Edge has a life. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

That one is alright, but he sounds like he’s reading from an unpublished book. But it is interesting to hear a former wrestler, and guy that ran a territory reveal their showbiz nature.

Well, he has all of his booking sheets and TV formats, so he could be reading from those or basing his notes from that stuff.

Someone in one of these threads asked about what is up with Alexa Bliss and I was stupidly all "I don't think she is hurt".

By Mike Johnson on 2019-11-05 18:27:00
As PWInsider.com reported over the weekend, Alexa Bliss was pulled at the last minute from Ringsidefest due to a personal issue and was replaced by WWE Raw Women's Champion Becky Lynch at the last minute.

PWInsider.com has been told by multiple sources that Bliss is dealing with a shoulder injury.  Bliss has not been brought into WWE TV tapings the last few weeks due to the injury.

Bliss last wrestled for WWE at the Hell In A Cell PPV, where she and Nikki Cross lost the Women's Tag Team Championships to the Kabuki Warriors.  

There is no timetable yet for Bliss' return.

So yeah... from now on always assume she is hurt

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Outside of the "ask E&C" episodes, they were on a pretty good run with a steady stream of quality guests. It's a shame Edge has a life. 

I gave up on them because they weren’t slipping into their backwoods Canadian caricatures voices enough.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

The word making the rounds at Monday Night Raw yesterday on Long Island, NY is that Randy Orton has inked a new, multi-year deal with World Wrestling Entertainment.  PWInsider.com has confirmed that is the case.

Locking Orton, 39, into a new deal was a big priority for WWE as he had been using social media to tease the idea of a jump to AEW, which would have been a major hit to WWE's prestige.  As recently as two weeks ago, Orton was posting photos on Instagram pointing at an "Elite" sign, teasing a jump next year to All Elite Wrestling.

The third-generation star has held the WWE Championship on nine occasions and the WWE World title four times.  He's been with WWE since 2001 and has been one of their most prominent talents for years.  With his new deal, Orton will remain a top presence for the company.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=131069

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

So what happens when in 2 months we find out Karl Anderson or Matt Hardy's wife or whoever the fuck that Seth really did give a rally the troops type of speech?

It was AJ Styles - multiple sites have already reported that.

Basically when Seth started bitching a couple of other places were like "Yes Seth is correct. He didn't give the speech. It was AJ"

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Hurricane is a Top 20 stooge.   He was on Twitter trying to deflect the racist t-shirt situation last week.  

Hurricane was also going at Ron Funches a few weeks back because Funches was unhappy with the intersection of racist behavior and wrestling, so Helms is basically an angry racist corporate stooge. 

Again, Twitter is the worst.