DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

I knew Jericho was a weirdo, but yeah, disappointing. I'm not particularly interested in watching him do anything after seeing that, which, you know, damn it, I was enjoying the Cody/Jericho stuff. 

Edited by Smelly McUgly
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

To be honest, Seth Rollins going at Dave Meltzer is one of the most entertaining things that Rollins has done lately. But the situation just smells like we should get a 4 vs 4 vs 4 Survivor Series match where Rollins walks out on his team.

What is this about? I’m not on Twitter. 

I was thinking just yesterday about how much I used to love The Talkin’ Shop podcast, and was hoping, even the slightest hope, that Anderson’s tweets about his journey back from Saudi Arabia might lead to an awesome Talkin’ Shop podcast down the road. 

Today I’m reminded how much Jericho ruined that podcast, like literally drove that into the ground.  He was like everyone’s drunk ass uncle during those shows. Just the worst.

I suppose that’s his gimmick now, Chris Jericho, drunk ass uncle.

Just now, Rehabilitated Rick said:

Good for Chris. But he looks really bloaty there. 

His hair is what bothers me the most about his current look.

I mean most heavy metal old guys get the hint and chop their hair. It's like he went in reverse order

• Like 3

I should also note that this is the classic WWE defense pattern recently.

When they have something they want to distract from or deflect from - it is usually one of the workers yelling at Meltzer that his sources are wrong.

The last few times have been women wrestlers saying that Dave is full of shit by saying they are injured... when it turned out that they were injured

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I should also note that this is the classic WWE defense pattern recently.

When they have something they want to distract from or deflect from - it is usually one of the workers yelling at Meltzer that his sources are wrong.

The last few times have been women wrestlers saying that Dave is full of shit by saying they are injured... when it turned out that they were injured

AJ too right? Like a year ago? He had a specific injury Dave reported on, he ranted about the sheets getting it all wrong...and he had the exact injury. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matt925 said:

AJ too right? Like a year ago? He had a specific injury Dave reported on, he ranted about the sheets getting it all wrong...and he had the exact injury. 

Oh yeah - forgot about that one

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am eagerly awaiting how Jericho awkwardly transitions to his advertiser reads during that podcast

...and speaking of innocent children stuck in cages and living in their own filth.... MeUndies will come right to your door or cage with the most comfortable set of underwear. Use promo code NOSHAME for 20% off.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

Seth should go back to backyard wrestling.

I am in the 21st year of my reign as champion of my middle school so if he wants to step I'm more than ready

1 hour ago, Goodear said:

Rowan was super green at that point.  He really hasn't gotten the credit for what he brought to the Wyatt Family package.

Honestly, it was a lightning in the bottle thing for all 6 of them and no one should feel bad about their performance in those matches or the angle.

Those six mans were the absolute best thing in WWE in the last ten years, along with the Bryan win at 30. Maybe the only things that kept me hanging in there so long tbh. Also shout to the Evolution/Shield six man that went all over the building

• Like 1

@Goodearis right that Rowan deserves more love because even though he was green, he looked creepy and added to the Wyatt Family mystique, and he played his role well.

Really, calling Rollins the fifth-best of six guys in those matches (and he may well have been fourth-best anyway) isn't actually an insult in any way because those matches they had, especially the 2014 Elimination Chamber one, were fantastic. 

• Like 2