DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

This is why I love guys like Kevin Owens. It seems like there are two paths to having a good future in WWE. You're either first to show up, last to leave, sit in gorilla, learn the production ropes, bend Vince's ear for ideas, and basically be a good brother, or you act like Seth and become the ultimate corporate shill kiss ass. One is obviously more genuine than the other and I can only hope Vince sees that and Seth tones down this bullshit.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

I still like Seth in the ring, for now, but him acting like a fucking nerd, constantly sucking up and kissing ass in a desperate attempt to be HHH 2.0 really makes me want to hate him.

Bad Luck Fale has the answer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Craig H said:

This is why I love guys like Kevin Owens. It seems like there are two paths to having a good future in WWE. You're either first to show up, last to leave, sit in gorilla, learn the production ropes, bend Vince's ear for ideas, and basically be a good brother, or you act like Seth and become the ultimate corporate shill kiss ass. One is obviously more genuine than the other and I can only hope Vince sees that and Seth tones down this bullshit.

In defense of Seth, that’s how his mentor rose up the ranks. Now he just needs a decade to seal the deal.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

In defense of Seth, that’s how his mentor rose up the ranks. Now he just needs a decade to seal the deal.

Are you referring to HHH? HHH was actually intelligent and did everything I said, ie first to arrive, last to leave, learned production, learned creative, was a self-advocate, and didn't act like half the little bitch Seth acts like. HHH may have been a dick and may have overly protected his spot at times, but he wasn't a whiny little bitch like Seth.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I don't know, man.  Vince seems to really love guys whose chief ability is to kiss ass with whatever their other abilities are a being a distant second.  Dunn, Prichard, etc etc.

• Like 1

Just now, Technico Support said:

I don't know, man.  Vince seems to really love guys whose chief ability is to kiss ass with whatever their other abilities are a being a distant second.  Dunn, Prichard, etc etc.

I have not watched a WWE clip show in a long time. Has Seth appeared on those saying things like “That Rey Mysterio, is all that, and a bag of chips”?

Just now, Technico Support said:

It's such a weird paradox though because he also has a history of sniffing out weakness and can see through bullshit. The examples you cited are all weak fools and are purely yes men, but Vince keeps them close. And then there's other examples of wrestlers who kiss ass and get shunned. Like all things Vince, it's probably completely random for what will land you in his inner circle.

I think we can at least all agree this is by far the shittiest way of grabbing the brass ring though. I'd rather Seth took the other route of getting on Vince's good side, which is to be a dick to Vince and challenge him to a fight.

• Like 1

Or do what Jericho did. Leave the , be worth something and someone Vince can't get and he'll just keep trying to throw more money at you until you keep coming back.

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

It's such a weird paradox though because he also has a history of sniffing out weakness and can see through bullshit. The examples you cited are all weak fools and are purely yes men, but Vince keeps them close. And then there's other examples of wrestlers who kiss ass and get shunned. Like all things Vince, it's probably completely random for what will land you in his inner circle.

It's definitely weird.  Meltzer will say on his podcast that Vince is not a bullshitter and will not accept those standard rasslin' promoter excuses ("the weather was too bad"  "the weather was too good"  "the circus was in town") but at the same time, he absolutely does engage in bullshit excuses himself.  So who the hell knows what this guy is thinking from one second to the next?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Or do what Jericho did. Leave the , be worth something and someone Vince can't get and he'll just keep trying to throw more money at you until you keep coming back.

This too. Vince gets really fixated on toys he can't have.

The fascinating thing about Hunter is that even if he doesn't marry Stephanie he probably ends up in a pretty similar spot. Maybe not in the "running the company" position but he'd definitely be in a key creative/executive spot.

Re: Seth - he works really hard and it's fine he's proud of his work but this isn't even backstage politicking. This is him very publicly on Twitter and in interviews carrying water for the company. That's going to KILL him as a babyface. Steve Austin never would have done that. Seth isn't even diplomatic. He's gonna regret all this one day. 

Also, and apologies if I'm getting the info wrong, but Seth wasn't even in KSA when all this went down, right? Hadn't he already left to get up with Lynch?

So, basically this is him defending the company when he wasn't even on the ground dealing with it nor really in full capacity of the facts. 

Also, a lot of people accepting AJ's take as well as the "I saw people working on the plane" observations.

Does anyone really think a pilot or airline workers was gonna say to a bunch of Americans "actually, the government isn't letting you leave?"
"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Damn, you take off a couple days and come back to a busy day at work and find there's A LOT to catch up on.

Quick note, but I like what Jordan's doing but hope that it doesn't burn his bridge to AEW (should he want to go there)  They'll be more accepting but for all we know might wait for things to settle down before considering him.

And while I'm all "Fuck WWE, Vince, KSA, etc." I haven't gone that far with Seth.  I kind of felt bad at first.  But after this speech he gave I'm fully on the "Fuck Seth Rollins" train now.

We have cake!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

I honestly think Seth might be the worst tippy toppy guy they’ve had. I know Nash was bad (and thank God social media wasn’t around in 95), but honestly is anyone else besides those two in the discussion for worst extended period babyface top dude?

Shawn Michaels during his first run at the top where WWF was in a financial crisis and he was politicking like crazy, only putting over his buddies,  kissing Vince's ass and "losing his smile" whenever it was time to job.  

I think Rollins and Michaels have a lot in common actually.  But Michaels was an elite performer and a great promo at times and never had a whiny voice.  If Rollins had HBK's voice he'd be ten times more tolerable. 

• Like 2