DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

I wish I could've been there to hear the Rollins "ra-ra" speech. It's actually the only time Seth Rollins has ever spoke in a WWE building that I wish I WAS listening...

Edited by just drew
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

22 minutes ago, just drew said:

I wish I could've been there to hear the Rollins "ra-ra" speech. It's actually the only time Seth Rollins has ever spoke in a WWE building that I wish I WAS listening...

What I picture "ra-ra" Seth Rollins looking like

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ace said:

He also needs a mouthpiece. 

Mouthpiece meaning a guy to talk for him, or mouthpiece meaning Gumshield?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

They're actually blaming the talent for the talent's own misery. 

This is some next level Jedi mind trick bullshit.

Perhaps this was an attempt to babyface turn an airplane full of wrestlers to the internet fans. ?  

Worked for me and screw Rollins past this company cannot stfu about some form of social media so much I cringe when I see it used in the same manner AT ALL in any kind of other media so just to try and tell anyone anything about it is like fuck off. 

It was the talent's fault though.  You got a bunch of wrestlers who think everything's a work to begin with and then they freak out and start passive aggressively doing what they do and now the regular marks are working themselves into a shoot.  Bunch of fucking marks all around.  3 planes left with no problem.  The charter for the SmackDown crew also left with no problem.  Maybe the real explanation is the plane don't work.

I was once stuck in MIA for 8 hours with no real explanation or apologies from American.  2 hours were on the tarmac.  Captain gets on the horn and says we're just waiting to get in line for takeoff.  Plane after plane just rolls past us.  Then the lights go out and the oxygen masks drop and he gets on the mic and says we're going to get taxied back to the gate and de-plane for a while.  So after like 3 more hours they tell us the part they need won't be available until tomorrow but they're waiting on another plane to get here.  That plane gets here and then they tell us they have to vacuum it.  Another hour passes and they're going to get another plane and then that plane finally arrives and we finally take off.  This was a 6 AM flight and I didn''t get in the air until 1 PM and this was before smartphones and I didn't have a cellphone and my dad waiting for me at ATL sure as hell didn't have one and there was no Twitter for me to tell American to eat a dick.

I was listening to the classic Steve Austin Show with Dutch Mantell and he was talking about guys complaining about having to rent a car.  Bunch of spoiled crybabies nowadays.  Guys are just stealing money.  If you're big WrestleMania moment every year is getting tossed over the top rope during the pre-show and you're just now figuring out that you're not a top priority then that's your fault not the company.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

wonder if Paul Heyman offered any advice on how to talk to an unhappy roster that feels like they were deprived of something they were owed.

But yeah, wrestlers as an industry had a lot of old school people who think the NFL is worked. So, it wouldn't surprise me if this was actually benign and it wouldn't surprise me if there was an international clampdown on allowing WWE guys out of Riyadh (aside from Vince's plane, Lesnar's plane, Flair/Hogan's plane, and a plane with 20 of the 'most valuable' people from leaving).

Maybe the excuse is actually legit and they got fucked in a bureaucratic mess because of the usual bullshit, along with the complexities of doing business in Saudi Arabia on a Friday.

• Haha 1

If the real explanation is the plane don't work, why do they care about what's being said on social media and are telling their people to shut up? You don't try to hide shit unless you have something to hide. 

Typically, that is. I mean some people are so stupid they will confess to their crimes on camera and then claim they aren't crimes. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I still like Seth in the ring, for now, but him acting like a fucking nerd, constantly sucking up and kissing ass in a desperate attempt to be HHH 2.0 really makes me want to hate him.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Ahhhh this is what we were all waiting for..   ?

Did....did this motherfucker actually put #rahrah in his tweet? And mean it in a serious fashion? I mean shit, I feel stupider just typing that first sentence. What the hell is wrong with you, you thundering moron?

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Edwin said:

Mauro has been calling the Full Sail Live venue the NXT Arena for a while on commentary now, so that maybe a long term plan indication.

Anyway, I'd go to this on Friday, but I already have tickets to MLW on Saturday and may hit up the USA Pro event afterwards.

This really just needs to be a thing from now on. Is there ONE person who attends Smackdown who would be sad if they don't see 205live? And that's not to knock the show, since more often then not they have the best matches of the week that no one is seeing. Put them in front of a crowd who actually cares and you may have something

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

If the real explanation is the plane don't work, why do they care about what's being said on social media and are telling their people to shut up? You don't try to hide shit unless you have something to hide. 

Because its makes them and the situation look worse than it actually is to the public. Honestly, I can see it going any way in being plane issues, business deals with the talent and crew being delayed to make a point to an arrogant idiot in Vince, or somewhere in between where maybe all of it had some truth.

I just wish the deal would end in general.

10 hours ago, Edwin said:

Mauro has been calling the Full Sail Live venue the NXT Arena for a while on commentary now, so that maybe a long term plan indication.

Anyway, I'd go to this on Friday, but I already have tickets to MLW on Saturday and may hit up the USA Pro event afterwards.

I could have sworn 205 Live wasn't a thing anymore with the CW title being defended in NXT now. Considering most of the same people wrestle for both brands it's hardly a big change up.

Edited by HumanChessgame

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Funny considering Seth Rollins told talent not to air their grievances on social media.

Edited by The Natural
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

I honestly think Seth might be the worst tippy toppy guy they’ve had. I know Nash was bad (and thank God social media wasn’t around in 95), but honestly is anyone else besides those two in the discussion for worst extended period babyface top dude?

Shawn would top them, with not only his personal issues, but never being a real leader in the locker room. Did Vince realize before making him the guy that nobody really liked him, and that he was a total wreck?

• Like 1

Damn, you take off a couple days and come back to a busy day at work and find there's A LOT to catch up on.

Quick note, but I like what Jordan's doing but hope that it doesn't burn his bridge to AEW (should he want to go there)  They'll be more accepting but for all we know might wait for things to settle down before considering him.

And while I'm all "Fuck WWE, Vince, KSA, etc." I haven't gone that far with Seth.  I kind of felt bad at first.  But after this speech he gave I'm fully on the "Fuck Seth Rollins" train now.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Damn, you take off a couple days and come back to a busy day at work and find there's A LOT to catch up on.

Quick note, but I like what Jordan's doing but hope that it doesn't burn his bridge to AEW (should he want to go there)  They'll be more accepting but for all we know might wait for things to settle down before considering him.

And while I'm all "Fuck WWE, Vince, KSA, etc." I haven't gone that far with Seth.  I kind of felt bad at first.  But after this speech he gave I'm fully on the "Fuck Seth Rollins" train now.

Welcome back, bud!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Casey said:

Fuck this company.

13 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

They're actually blaming the talent for the talent's own misery. 

This is some next level Jedi mind trick bullshit.

I gave up watching this company in January of 2016 with some specifics about when I might start watching again.  Now I don't even think I'll watch again regardless.  Truly a disgusting company in every sense of the word.

8 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Is this the same guy who was so friendly on F4D with Bryan like 11 years ago and even gave out his gamertag?  Holy shit what a bootlicking shitgibbon.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

I honestly think Seth might be the worst tippy toppy guy they’ve had. I know Nash was bad (and thank God social media wasn’t around in 95), but honestly is anyone else besides those two in the discussion for worst extended period babyface top dude?

Nash seems like a fun dude, at least. If Twitter was around when Nash was on top in WCW he would’ve got things like #skeletor trending every time La Parka wrestled and it would result in a Parka/DDP US title feud. 

• Like 1