DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

It actually appears that it didn't change anything (like it is still ending the original time)

All it appears to be doing is saying the WWE will definitely do 2 shows a year (which they obviously were already doing but now guarantees it - since on the investors call last week it was said "Oh we might not do 2 shows a year")

The thing I don't understand about the whole Saudi plane deal is, they did a show in June and didn't get paid for it (until October). So they had the next show scheduled for the end of October, and Vince decided to hold them up for money (to make sure they'd be paid this time) on the day of the show, right before it started. If you were going to engage in that type of brinkmanship, why the hell would you wait until your whole crew was in the country? Message them from the airport and say "Pay now or we aren't coming, Pal!"

It's a textbook example of why ultimatums only work when issued from a position of power, isn't it? Vince placed his company in a position of weakness, tried to flex his muscles, and his labour force were detained against their will because of it.

44 minutes ago, Casey said:

Fuck this company.

That will teach those fuckers to think about unions. 

Next Crown Jewel show will have a 60 man battle royal and the first 10 eliminated have to be sent home in the luggage bin

Edited by hammerva

Mauro has been calling the Full Sail Live venue the NXT Arena for a while on commentary now, so that maybe a long term plan indication.

Anyway, I'd go to this on Friday, but I already have tickets to MLW on Saturday and may hit up the USA Pro event afterwards.

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

also, whenever Velasquez comes back, he should be the Superfriend who makes saves for imperiled babyfaces because he's looking at it from the real world POV and not the WWE POV where nobody ever tries to save faces.

He also needs a mouthpiece. 

24 minutes ago, Matt D said:

People should get #StoogeRollins trending. Just a friendly suggestion.

Agreed...

There was a meeting at about 3 p.m. today at NYCB Live with Vince McMahon and the Raw crew.  We don't have details of what transpired at this time but these are some things we've been told. The company blamed talent speculation for causing a problem, the talent was told the flight issues were all mechanical and nothing more, and Seth Rollins attempted to do a rah-rah speech while telling people to keep things like this off social media in the future.

https://www.f4wonline.com/daily-updates/daily-update-wwe-talent-meeting-crown-jewel-fallout-roh-296571

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Now we'll see who is for real on the "never going back" stuff 

I'm with you on that one. There's really no precedent for this kind of circumstance, the closest example I could think of would be RVD refusing to work Tribute to the Troops in Iraq but thats obviously way different for many reasons 

• Like 1