DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

Janela's chops looked amazingly bad in the match he had on Dark a few weeks ago, but i'd hope/expect that he knows not to use knife-edge chops in a real fight.

Also if you're under a contract from a real company, fighting random unemployed/self-employed dudes really isn't a great idea.

• Like 1

Vince McMahon, describing jobber Jerry Johnson on an episode of All-Star Wrestling(with Pat Patterson next to him on commentary):

"Johnson recently, uh, taking a vacation.. Johnson took the Hershey Highway down to Hershey, PA and spent quite a bit of time..."

Man, things have REALLY changed since 1981..

• Haha 2

In a continuation of a story that seems like forever ago even though it has only been a week

Jordan Myles basically threatened the WWE saying that if they don't reach out to him today, his "voice will be heard"

Because of the above injury, Seth Rollins wasn't at the house show me and my Dad went to three days later. It was supposed to be Seth Rollins vs. Kane in the main event. That changed to Dean Ambrose/Kevin Owens in the main event. Owens/Ambrose were moved from one show to ours. The other change? Ric Flair cutting a promo to start the show. Cool seeing a GOAT in Ric Flair live.

Edited by The Natural

Lol, I had to google "Jordan Myles" to figure out who he was.  Somehow, I wasn't aware the WWE signed ACH.

Read about the shirt controversy and Myles using social media to blast the company.  Not at all sympathetic to the WWE here (lol, someone really thought  that shit was a good idea?), but Myles behavior since is definitely a cause for release.  How is he still under contract?

AEW, I guess?  

I hope WWE ditches the red lighting during the Fiend's entrance and match. Such a contrast in quality from the Fiend's SummerSlam entrance/match to those vs. Seth Rollins at Hell in a Cell and Crown Jewel.

Edited by The Natural

Does he really want WWE reaching out to him?  That probably wouldn’t end well at all.

“ok, ok, Jordan, to make it up to you we will let you headline one of our major shows of 2021, we will give you a world wide platform for your concerns and show that we are a progressive company”

”really, that’s great, which one”

”*cough* - crown jewel 2021 - *cough*”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He should wait until they forgive him by giving him a title like Leo Rush, and then hold it hostage by threatening to take the belt to AEW. Hopefully with that he can pull a Jarrett by using the ransom money to start his own southern wrasslin company.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

I hope WWE ditches the red lighting during the Fiend's entrance and match. Such a contrast in quality from the Fiend's SummerSlam entrance/match to those vs. Seth Rollins at Hell in a Cell and Crown Jewel.

I don't understand the point of the red light. I mean can only imagine how terrible it must be live for anyone in the building. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

I don't understand the point of the red light. I mean can only imagine how terrible it must be live for anyone in the building. 

I’ve brought it up before, but maybe Vince thinks that Bray looks too stubby, and chubby to be thought of as scary. Especially when there are other people on the roster bigger than him. So the red light is supposed to help.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

52 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

If we have to have the stupid light,I can see it for the entrance. But did we learn nothing from early Kane and Sin Cara? Seriously, how can you see a damn thing if you are there live? If its a brawl around the arena match like Crown Jewel then how the fuck can you see what’s happening?

5 hours ago, Whodathunkit said:

Lol, I had to google "Jordan Myles" to figure out who he was.  Somehow, I wasn't aware the WWE signed ACH.

Read about the shirt controversy and Myles using social media to blast the company.  Not at all sympathetic to the WWE here (lol, someone really thought  that shit was a good idea?), but Myles behavior since is definitely a cause for release.  How is he still under contract?

AEW, I guess?  

Myles is playing this very well IMO.

He is clearly going OTT but it's going to mean that either WWE sort their shit out for a while and look after him OR he gets his release and wanders over to AEW as the 'poor, unheard black man that was held down by the racist WWE system.'

He's turning himself into a martyr for release. If WWE don't release him then he keeps talking until they pay him his money...

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

He should wait until they forgive him by giving him a title like Leo Rush, and then hold it hostage by threatening to take the belt to AEW. Hopefully with that he can pull a Jarrett by using the ransom money to start his own southern wrasslin company.

JM: “I’m going to take this cruiserweight title to AEW if you don’t give me a million dollars!”

VKM: “The what-er-what title?! Do we even have one of those?  I’ll give you twelve bucks.”

• Haha 1