DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

on searching Twitter, I see tweets mentioning the story from Irmo (SC), Detroit (MI), Fox 28 Columbus (OH), Bay City (MI), WTOV 9 Wheeling (WV), WPFO Fox 23 (ME).

Here's the owners of those Fox stations: Sinclair, Fox Owned & Operated, Sinclair controlled, Sinclair, Sinclair, and Sinclair-controlled. (The difference between owned and controlled is that the controlled stations aren't owned by Sinclair but Sinclair runs them through agreements).

So, it's possible it's more of a Sinclair filler story than a Fox filler story. Sorta like how some stations would have wrestling stories to run because their news is directly after wrestling (which was a thing with WWOR in New York too, IIRC)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was some serious filler too, they say basically nothing, interview one other person aside from Dreamer (a grown-up kid he mentored), and show a lot of old footage. 

More interesting was the footage of some dumbass lady staring at her phone and walking right onto a subway track with the train incoming. No she didn't get hit but I have no idea how he managed to slow down in time.

Hey, is there anything out there on the internets about Alexa Bliss and a potential injury? She hasn't been on TV since Oct. 7th (i think) and now she's been pulled from a personal appearance for "unforeseen circumstances." I hope for her sake it isn't another concussion. That would be very bad.

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Ironically, she is on today's new UUDD post. 

I saw that. I wouldn't even care that much, necessarily, but after the year she's had injury-wise it just seems mildly alarming...

1 minute ago, Cobra Commander said:

Smackdown has changed from "show Cornette never watched because he was unplugged from wrestling for one day a week while running OVW" to "show Cornette watches because it's on network TV"

Or "Cornette did commentary on the pilot for SD  to ... " 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, just drew said:

Hey, is there anything out there on the internets about Alexa Bliss and a potential injury? She hasn't been on TV since Oct. 7th (i think) and now she's been pulled from a personal appearance for "unforeseen circumstances." I hope for her sake it isn't another concussion. That would be very bad.

Her last match was the HIAC PPV match which was Oct 6. She was on TV during the next week for the draft (but not actually wrestling)

I don't think she is hurt (at least no one credible has reported she was hurt since that match that I could find)

Doesn't mean she isn't but more, if she is hurt, it continues the WWE's policy of not reporting on the women injuries for... reasons I guess