DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

23 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Christmas next month, the year has flown. So this month is Survivor Series. The only time RAW and Smackdown face each other...if you don't count the Royal Rumble match and when the brand split isn't enforced.

NXT is involved in Survivor Series this year too.

• Like 1

Several people are claiming plane trouble. I think any sensible person who sees these tweets by Dave knows that the plane excuse is a cover for something else. Not knowing anything if I had to take a guess at what happened my guess would be drugs (and again that is 100% a guess).

• RIPPA pinned this topic

Per Meltzer in the new WON - Cain Velasquez's knee is in worse shape than anyone realized. The match was always going to be short but his injury is so bad that he could basically do nothing.

Apparently he is going to try and do the match in Mexico City (where he is tagging with Rey) and then get surgery.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer in the new WON - Cain Velasquez's knee is in worse shape than anyone realized. The match was always going to be short but his injury is so bad that he could basically do nothing.

Apparently he is going to try and do the match in Mexico City (where he is tagging with Rey) and then get surgery.

This is less of a surprise than the topic being discussed above.

I thought it was already known that his knee was fucked up and he would be taking time off after Crown Jewel. 

Man, this guy. Incredibly talented fighter, but probably either the dirt worst genetics as far as durability goes or he's just that broken down from years of overly hard training. Or both.

• Like 1

I'm not saying that Chris Jericho is the best heel ever in pro wrestling (at least stateside), but I think he should be in that conversation at this point. The way this dude re-invents himself as a character and especially as a heel is amazing. His work in the Malenko feud, the Goldberg "feud" in WCW, the wear a suit and speak in monotone turn, his "wily veteran" act in AEW right now, all are top-notch. I didn't see the stuff with the scarf and the list and Kevin Owens, but it's been meme'd so much that I might as well have. 

He just has this great mind for characterization, and each run as a heel feels distinct from the last. 

• Like 13

With everything going on today - I missed this originally but it explains the pot shots other wrestling sites were taking

Ryan Stain (of Pro Wrestling Sheet) has been hired for that WWE Backstage show. (Meltzer compared it to what Ariel Helwani does on UFC Tonight.)

So lesson out there for the kids - make shit up about talent that causes them distress and get hired by the company the talent works for.

• Like 4

If Booker T wasn't reason enough for me to never watch Backstage, they go and hire Ryan Satin. I literally can't listen or watch his interviews on Youtube. He speaks a mile a minute and it's really annoying.

• Like 1

Ryan Satin is to the WWE what Meltzer is to AEW.  Without the credibility.  Somewhere Peter Rosenberg and Sam Roberts are punching a wall

Oh and if you want to know why they are wasting time on Saudi Arabia

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

I doubt you'll see Satin ripping apart segments of WWE shows that he doesn't enjoy, like what Dave did to Dynamite this week.

STOP GOING AROUND TELLING FACTS THAT DISCREDIT TOTALLY STUPID NARRATIVES!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Nikolai Volkoff just had a profile on Fox local news for being a mentor, which is really weird because he isn't a recent death or anything. They Skype interviewed Tommy Dreamer too (?). 

So this was a national piece then?  Because my local FOX affiliate pimped it all night during Smackdown and I was wondering what correlation Volkoff had with Wheeling, WV/Steubenville, OH.