DVDVR Message Board

AEW Full Gear - 11/9/2019

Dolfan in NYC

On 11/8/2019 at 2:30 PM, Swiftian said:

They're still going with the judge thing, right? Have they announced who they are?

If Starrcast guests are an indication I wouldn't be surprised to see Sting (maybe in GAB 90 jacket?) Great Muta and Ron Simmons. Could be all or none of them but that's my guess.

Does Cody really need to ever hold the World Title. I don’t think a World Title run matters when it comes to Cody he could be over as a baby face for life with the AEW crowd. If he loses tonight and actually stays true to his word I think that would help AEW’s credibility with the Crowd. When they something they mean it, rules are rules and whatnot.

I pre-ordered the show on PS4. This works out since I assume I can watch it on my PS3 or PS4. I'm hoping it's a better experience than BR Live.

Although the one downside is that you don't get to keep the show. It disappears after the 14th. On BR Live you can go back to watch it whenever you want do you basically own it there.

Hmmm, typing that now makes me want to change it back to BR Live.

Edited by Craig H

@odessasteps Cody and Dusty are the only Father-Son NWA World Chsmpions. Cody has a world title under his belt plus an ROH title so technically two World Title runs. Plus he seems to like to stick it to H every chance he gets and what a better way then never holding the title cuz he’s in management whole WWE’s COO is 14 time champion. I’m not saying Cody will never hold a championship in AEW I’m sure him and Dusty will he tag champs down the road and when or if a secondary championship is established I’d put money on Cody getting a run.

21 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I pre-ordered the show on PS4. This works out since I assume I can watch it on my PS3 or PS4. I'm hoping it's a better experience than BR Live.

Although the one downside is that you don't get to keep the show. It disappears after the 14th. On BR Live you can go back to watch it whenever you want do you basically own it there.

Hmmm, typing that now makes me want to change it back to BR Live.

I would... When I pay 50 bucks for something, I expect to hold onto it longer than a week or so.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

If Starrcast guests are an indication I wouldn't be surprised to see Sting (maybe in GAB 90 jacket?) Great Muta and Ron Simmons. Could be all or none of them but that's my guess.

You may be on to something...

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Does Cody really need to ever hold the World Title.

He doesn't, but I think at this points the fans, including myself, have bought into the idea of him winning a title that he basically books.

That takes some kinda skill and I think he deserves it at some point, probably not right now though.

Moxley and Omega looked like they were in the escape pod from the end of The Spy Who Loved Me after they went into that set piece. It was certainly something. Some of their ideas were great, like Mox pulling himself through the glass to get to the ropes and the spider net but it went about 10 minutes too long. 

Turning Mjeff felt way too early. Fun time machine match prior to that. They were working a pace that was very much looking like they were going 60 for a bit there until they turned the pace up for the finish stretch.

Other than that, tag matches were borderline great, particularly the opener. Nothing else was super of note. Fine show but didn't live up to expectations in my opinion.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Turning Mjeff felt way too early.

I know this'll be debated and debated, but we pretty much all knew what the destination would be with this relationship. Why drag our feet? 

BTW, calling it now: Cody only goes back on his word and puts himself in a title match long down the road when MJF is champion. 

• Like 3

Man, people fucking hated that main event on Meltz's board. I can certainly see why but it was fine if they do that kind of thing once a year but I don't want to see another lights out match for a good while now.

WNBB, you did not enjoy the 3 way tag match?