DVDVR Message Board

AEW Full Gear - 11/9/2019

Dolfan in NYC

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Waaaaait, what? I don't have to order this off of B/R Live? Were you able to start from the beginning or did you watch the whole thing live?

This will also be my 3rd PPV I've ordered from them. I think they've earned my dollars.

I was able to watch it live.  I was unable to start it from the beginning.  I had to wait until the event was over. But I had only missed the first couple matches.  Stream was flawless for me, a better experience than when I've tried to watch off B/R.  If you look Full Gear is in the store available for $49.99.  It's there for preorder right now. When you purchase it you have it for I think 7 days. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I was able to watch it live.  I was unable to start it from the beginning.  I had to wait until the event was over. But I had only missed the first couple matches.  Stream was flawless for me, a better experience than when I've tried to watch off B/R.  If you look Full Gear is in the store available for $49.99.  It's there for preorder right now. When you purchase it you have it for I think 7 days. 

I'm going to give this a go. Thank you very much for even mentioning you could order it off of the PlayStation Store. BR Live Support isn't messaging me back about if I'll be able to watch the PPV tonight or if I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning. I'm not going to be home until midnight so if I can watch the PPV tonight off the PS Store then I'm doing that.

Thanks again!

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm going to give this a go. Thank you very much for even mentioning you could order it off of the PlayStation Store. BR Live Support isn't messaging me back about if I'll be able to watch the PPV tonight or if I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning. I'm not going to be home until midnight so if I can watch the PPV tonight off the PS Store then I'm doing that.

Thanks again!

I hope it works out.  Like I said I didn't have any issues with ALL OUT so I'm hoping this will be the same. 

1 hour ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Just did a quick scan through the thread and I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, but Cody said if he didn't defeat Jericho he would never challenge for the title again. The way to weasel out of that stip would be to have Cody win by countout or DQ, so Jericho keeps the belt. 

Then maybe that could lead to a rematch where the "never challenge for the title" stip is forgotten, or Cody puts something different on the line.

Maybe I'm drinking a big ol glass of AEW kool aid here, but from what I've seen of AEW since May, there is no way this company is doing a DQ or Count out finish on such an important match.  Has there been one non clean finish?  Note: I think we can all agree that a draw is a clean finish.  I also don't believe they're reneging a stipulation.  I feel safe in predicting no matter who it is that wins there will most certainly be a clean finish.       

Edited by HarryArchieGus

5 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Has there been one none clean finish?

There have been. The inner circle picking up a win with the help of Kenny Omega getting taken out of the six man from the first episode. In fact most of Jericho’s wins have come via short cuts. Also on that same first episode PAC low-blowed Hangman for the cheap victory. 

I see Cody saying "If I don't defeat you" (not sure that's an exact quote, but he used the word "defeat") rather than "If I don't win the title" as a tip-off.

But, maybe I'm wrong. People are certainly correct that they've said lots of things about having clean finishes. We'll see what they do.

Pretty sure they specifically said they want to avoid DQ and count-out finishes, so that's what I'm sticking with. To me, those are "fuck finishes" - Jericho having help to win matches, or a draw like Cody/Darby, aren't fuck finishes.

16 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Not to speak for HarryArchieGus, but maybe they were referring to decisive finishes rather than clean? 

Pretty much... 

“Clean Finish” - Are unanimous wins via pin, or submission usually after a wrestler uses his finisher, or when a wrestler is incapacitated without any short cuts.

“Short Cuts” - Are when a wrestler wins using cheating tactics(Pulling the tights, low blows, feet on the ropes, etc).

”Fluke Wins” - When a wrestler gets pinned, but he visually isn’t incapacitated when he’s pinned. Usually you’ll see him kick out at 0.1 seconds after the 3 is counted. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

34 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

There have been. The inner circle picking up a win with the help of Kenny Omega getting taken out of the six man from the first episode. In fact most of Jericho’s wins have come via short cuts. Also on that same first episode PAC low-blowed Hangman for the cheap victory. 

You're absolutely right concerning 'clean finishes'.  @Oyaji decisive finishes is indeed what I meant.

Edit: do we know the approximate time of this PPV ending and the beginning of the replay? I fear the BR Live ppv I've purchased will not give me a 'start from the beginning' on Firestick, and timing wise I'm fine to just catch the replay.  Just wondering if a time is set for the replay start?

Edited by HarryArchieGus

Just now, Craig H said:

I've had issues watching the pre-show on B/R Live, but that was on the Roku app. I didn't have any problems watching the pre-show on YouTube though.

Granted this is in their archives, and not streaming live, but I haven't had a single problem with the BR Live app on the Xbox One so far. Little pixelated at first when I booted it up, but that even happens with Hulu and Netflix for me.

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

Granted this is in their archives, and not streaming live, but I haven't had a single problem with the BR Live app on the Xbox One so far. Little pixelated at first when I booted it up, but that even happens with Hulu and Netflix for me.

If I only had an Xbox One and as far as I know they don't have a BR Live app on the PS4. I think I'm just going the Niners route and getting the show from the PS Store.

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

If I only had an Xbox One and as far as I know they don't have a BR Live app on the PS4. I think I'm just going the Niners route and getting the show from the PS Store.

Okay, you talked me into it. We can trade consoles ?

10 minutes ago, Casey said:

Speaking of the Buy-In:

I guess the rumors of the preshow only being 30 minutes from now on is true.

Britt better have a good outing tonight. Jamie Hayter, and Shanna have had two good outings in a row, they’ve shown plenty of promise. The fans are noticing this, and they won’t always be kind, or Pittsburgh.

• Like 2

Just got confirmation from BR Live that you'll have to wait to watch the show until the next morning if you don't watch it all before midnight. It'll just stop and then that's it.

BR Live fucking sucks. That's what happened to me with Double or Nothing. It makes no sense. AEW does so many things right and streaming their PPVs is the one thing they're failing at. 

Edited by Craig H
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully BR Live gets absorbed into HBO Max or something in the near future.

EDIT: And now there's a response video from Bea Priestly, since Britt was talking some shit in that video earlier. Goddamn, I'm hyped.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Just got confirmation from BR Live that you'll have to wait to watch the show until the next morning if you don't watch it all before midnight. It'll just stop and then that's it.

Damn, I already purchased hoping to watch it around midnight.  Anyway, thanks for this update.

Thought about it, but I'm going all in.  I wanna support the majesty of the build to this pay per view.  

Bea Priestley interview was tight.  These style promos are exactly what I'd love to see more of in AEW.  This was effective, but maybe not in the kind of way that's going to help Baker get over.  Especially hinting at Britt being a casual wrestler and not well trained.  The 'shoot' elements of this one were much more acceptable than Baker's promo.  I thought Britt cut a decent enough promo, but talking about Bea being reckless and basically suggesting wrestling is an act is all kinds of stupid.    

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 3