DVDVR Message Board

AEW Full Gear - 11/9/2019

Dolfan in NYC

29 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I think there's more story if Cody loses. 

He can either turn heel down the line when he breaks his promise on Kenny Omega or whoever the face champion might be.

Or the fans will force him back into the title picture like when Macho Man lost to Warrior, but then had to come back to beat the shit out of Jake Roberts. He can say he won't challenge for the belt again, but if the fans want it bad enough he "can't not listen".

Regardless, I'm going to fucking watch it. That goddamn promo sold me.

True... But let’s say he sticks to the stip. He never said Kenny can’t challenge for the title anymore, or Moxley, or Hangman, or long time retired legend The Midnight Rider. He only said “I will never challenge for the world title belt ever again”.

46 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

True... But let’s say he sticks to the stip. He never said Kenny can’t challenge for the title anymore, or Moxley, or Hangman, or long time retired legend The Midnight Rider. He only said “I will never challenge for the world title belt ever again”.

Whomever ends up winning the title down the line is someone Cody has beaten clean. They do a "you won't defend it against me because you know you'll lose" storyline with the title holder agreeing to reverse the stipulation just to prove they're a fighting champion.

• Like 1

The reason I think they go with Jericho for a while longer, is because this is the alternative to WWE, where they are going to build and then deliver on long term storylines. Not turn Kevin Owens heel then face again in like a week and hope we forget about it. (That could have been anyone's name really.)

I'd love to see Jericho on the Buy-In show angling to have Wrestling Legend: Soul Train Jones and his aunt's friend from church, Linda Bobski as judges for the main event.

BTW, it just dawned on me. Linda Bobski is probably Southpaw Regional Wrestling interviewer Clint Bobski's mother.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 4

I didn’t really see a conclusion on this, so I gotta  ask: 

Can anybody confirm whether the b/r live ppv version will be available to start from the beginning on fire stick?  Definitely coming in on a delay here.  Previous free shows I could not on fire stick.

I really hope they aren’t doing a stip they reverse.  A Midnight Rider angle is inevitable, but wouldn’t make much sense concerning challenging for the title.  I see the Midnight Rider being used for somebody heeling on Cody.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus

37 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Can anybody confirm whether the b/r live ppv version will be available to start from the beginning on fire stick?  Definitely coming in on a delay here.  Previous free shows I could not on fire stick.

I really hope they aren’t doing a stip they reverse.  A Midnight Rider angle is inevitable, but wouldn’t make much sense concerning challenging for the title.  I see the Midnight Rider being used for somebody heeling on Cody.  

I can’t confirm if it’ll start from the very beginning if you come in late. I always pretty much watch these shows from start to finish live. I even fired up B/R Live to see if I could test it on something live, but currently everything is for purchase.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I really wish I knew too. I do think I recall starting from beginning was possible thorough a browser. I think I was able to do that.

• Like 1

Rankings:

EI5JjchWsAY3C3y?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EI4k5XfX0AENolh?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I could post the tag ranking picture but two pics is the limit. But it's this:

1. Lucha Bros 4-2 (5-3)
  2. Private Party 3-2 (3-4)
  3. Young Bucks 3-2 (6-3)
  4. Dark Order 2-2 (3-2)
  5. Best Friends 2-3 (3-5/3-4)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AxB said:

Rankings:

EI5JjchWsAY3C3y?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EI4k5XfX0AENolh?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I could post the tag ranking picture but two pics is the limit. But it's this:

1. Lucha Bros 4-2 (5-3)
  2. Private Party 3-2 (3-4)
  3. Young Bucks 3-2 (6-3)
  4. Dark Order 2-2 (3-2)
  5. Best Friends 2-3 (3-5/3-4)

Well I like the graphics at least, but this looks silly. The overall record seems kinda useless really if you go by the rankings.

I still have a hard time wrapping my head around Cody Rhodes selling me on wanting to see his upcoming match with arguably the promo of the year but god damn if that's not where we are. Somehow the dude who made me instantly change the channel as Stardust has become one of the most over babyfaces in the sport and my hat is off to the guy. And the best part of this match is we have no idea who is going to win. Pure wrestling logic dictates that both guys HAVE to win. The outcome is so unpredictable and I love it.

And even if Cody loses, it feels like they will find a way to get him back into the title picture down the road and not make us feel like idiots for buying into the stipulation here. No, the shows are not perfect. But the goodwill they have earned from the fanbase cant be overlooked. I don't feel like an idiot when I watch this show and I don't feel like the people running the show hate me. Cant say that for other programs

I was just listening to Meltzer go over tonight's card, and it reminded me that on top of the Cody-Jericho bout I have no idea who will win the majority of these matches.  I'd say it's a safe bet that Riho and the SCU retain.  Far too early to switch those belts, but everything else on this card could go any which way.  And the results will actually have impact for the coming weeks.  This feels unprecedented in modern pro wrestling.  Take my $50.    

• Like 3

This will be the 3rd straight PPV I've ordered from AEW.  I loved Double or Nothing.  I thought ALL OUT was "solid".  I am beyond excited for Full Gear. 

Look,  they've been building this thing up since like May.  That is unheard of in this day and age. They've done an exceptional job building the top two matches and the undercard looks very good.  

I think I'll order this off the PlayStation store.  That's what I did with ALL OUT after my cable company was giving me trouble. 

16 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

This will be the 3rd straight PPV I've ordered from AEW.  I loved Double or Nothing.  I thought ALL OUT was "solid".  I am beyond excited for Full Gear. 

Look,  they've been building this thing up since like May.  That is unheard of in this day and age. They've done an exceptional job building the top two matches and the undercard looks very good.  

I think I'll order this off the PlayStation store.  That's what I did with ALL OUT after my cable company was giving me trouble. 

Waaaaait, what? I don't have to order this off of B/R Live? Were you able to start from the beginning or did you watch the whole thing live?

This will also be my 3rd PPV I've ordered from them. I think they've earned my dollars.

Just did a quick scan through the thread and I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, but Cody said if he didn't defeat Jericho he would never challenge for the title again. The way to weasel out of that stip would be to have Cody win by countout or DQ, so Jericho keeps the belt. 

Then maybe that could lead to a rematch where the "never challenge for the title" stip is forgotten, or Cody puts something different on the line.

• Like 1

I think they're avoiding match finishes like DQs and count-outs, though. The refs give a lot of leeway.

Just figured out there's a BR Live app on Xbox One, so that's how I'll be watching this instead of casting it from my laptop. Currently watching Fyter Fest - first time I've seen the event in full. I couldn't have picked the weekend for my vacation from work to occur at a better time.