DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 10/30/2019 ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Dolfan in NYC

It's the spookiest night of the year at Full Sail! (The night where everyone's tuition is due!)  ???

On tap: 

FOR THE WWE WOMEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Kabuki Warriors (c) vs. Tegan Nox/Dakota Kai

Tyler Bate vs. Cameron Grimes

Non-Title Match: NXT Tag Team Champions The Undisputed Era (Fish/O'Reilly) vs. Matt Riddle/Keith Lee

DARK~ Io Shirai vs. Female Johnny Gargano

Finn Balor explains why he kicked (male) Johnny Gargano's head off. Which, frankly, should be obvious.

--

I'd be surprised if they don't pull the trigger on the slow burn Keith Lee heel turn here.  Though they may wait until after WarGames for that. 

I wasn't going to this, but someone is selling me GC tickets, so I'll def. be there.

Also, Poppy will be there, so I'm guessing she'll be playing Io's theme song live.

Io/Candice was good stuff. This was the most Io has felt like she was in Japan outside of the MYC Final with Toni.

Bate/Grimes was good. Kind of surprised they used it to further Dain/Dunne when they could have don so next week with Dunne/Priest II.

Bronson/Shane was a great showcase for Bronson. 

Kabuki Warriors vs. Team Kick was probably the most solid women's tag titles match we have seen with the current belts. Asuka and Kairi are becoming a good team, and both seem to love being heels. The post match stuff with the division imploding and the War Games announcement was great.

Lee/Riddle vs. ReDragon was awesome. Loved how Fish and O'Reilly were out match whenever faced with Lee, even in 2 on 1 situations.

That Finn promo was good and the most I can recall liking Finn on the mic in WWE.

Edited by Eivion

Another great show!

Shirai/LeRae was inevitably great. This feud has been fantastic, bringing us these matches. Spider-verse Io is killing it.

Balor, why are you so damn cool as a heel?

Thorne/Reed, did not expect this to be so damn fun.

Kairi is a surprisingly really good heel, love their ring attire (it'll be awesome if they went Japanese delinquent for a PPV). Dakota the face-in-peril. Loved the brawl at the end, and can't wait for Wargames!

Bate/Grimes... seriously, why is Grimes so good? Like his style is so rough and dirty, I never expect 1/2 the moves he pulls off.

Lee is freakin massive, so used to seeing him alongside the huge Dijakovic. Can't help but think he would have been on the main roster a lot sooner if not for his injury.

Io and Candice had another good match. Really liked Io’s opening with Poppy too. 

The Kabuki Warriors really feel like a team now and I’m finally behind Kairi as a heel. Liked their match with Team Kick. I agree that it was probably the best women’s tag title match we’ve had in some time. 

And I’m officially excited about the women’s War Game match. 

• Like 1

Evil Io is the best Io.

Finn Balor has heeled his way back into my good graces.  That promo was hot fire.  I need a shirt that says "I DON'T WATCH THE BUSINESS~!  THE BUSINESS WATCHES ME~!"  From now on, I will refer to Johnny Gargano's punk ass as Johnny Watches Wrestling.

Can Babatunde please become Finn's new Underboss so that Balor has someone's shoulders to ride on?  Balor Club Worldwide!

I would also love to see the Babatunde version of Fale vs. Announcers on NXT.

Ladies tag match started off reaaaaalllyyyyyy sloooooowwwwww but the book had the good taste to let Kari kill someone with her elbow drop, so I was good with that.

That UE vs. Riddle / Lee tag match also fucking ruled.  I thought that Riddle & Lee were going to pull that shit off, but nothing good ever happens on TV before a big PPV.  Good on Fish and O'Reilly to sell Lee as a monster and doing their level best to keep him out of the action... 

That must be the ring psychology and veteran presence I've heard so much about.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Kabuki Warriors are the best thing going in all of WWE right now with the NXT women's roster not far behind. I'm beyond stoked for that War Games and the eventual Ripley/Baszler match too. Rest of the episode was rad too but I'm here for the ladies (insert Jimmy Del Ray gif here even though I don't mean it that way).

• Like 1