DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 10/30/19 Judge(s) Dredd

LoneWolf&Subs

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

I think Lucha Bros/SCU in a rematch for the titles and Dark Order/Private Party for the #1 contenders honor at Full Gear is likely.

I'd try to work in Best Friends and the Hybrid 2 somehow. Maybe do Best Friends/Orange Cassidy vs. TH2/Kip Sabian.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

What took them so long? Sheesh! 

They should have signed Mercedes Martinez by now as well.

21 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

EIK2aK_X0AEUXHI?format=jpg&name=large

?

Maybe Tony Khan's big announcement wasn't just the Jacksonville NYD show because that certainly seems to hint at Kota.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I thought the Lucha Bros. would win to set up a future program with Proud & Powerful.

The Lucha Bros feuded with Santana & Ortiz (when they were LAX) for months, very recently.

It was really good.

The one thing that bugged me as first was AEW going to ANOTHER lights out match for Kenny vs Moxley. This is their 3rd one now. It just seems very excessive.

But then Moxley cut that promo and I felt fine with everything.

• Like 2

Moxley has been great. If WWE does this match, it would be basked in an orange light, have "exploding" video game consoles, and a finish involving some sort of prosthetic limb. With AEW, I expect copious amounts of blood.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Uhhhh... That Shida Vs. Shanna match was really good. Who is Shanna, and where did she come from? 

Portuguese wrestler. She did a few tours in Stardom in 2016 and 2017. She and Shida only wrestled once before from what I can find, some time back in 2016. Shanna looks like she has improved since her torus in Stardom.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

They should absolutely run with Jake “The Cruncher” Hager permanently 

I hope not. I hated "the cruncher" nickname for Larry. It sounded like he was a fan of Captain Crunch cereal. And the only difference between that Moxley promo and lots of his good WWE ones was the word "blood" . It was fine, but holy shit... I've been seeing people say it's one of the best promos ever. Really?

Edited by Johnny Sorrow

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I hope not. I hated "the cruncher" nickname for Larry. It sounded like he like Captain Crunch cereal.

To me, it always sounded like they were calling Zbyszko "The Crusher", which has a better ring to it than "The Cruncher".

6 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Oh come on. You poop on Cody for that tweet, but let me tell you, the greatest contract signings were in WCW. Where they had the Turner network, and sometimes Hogan’s legit lawyers on camera hamming it up in front of WCW fans. I’m hoping this is the same. He should’ve worded it better is all.

Edit: This is the best...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CLAXhkzhon4

My favorite contract signing will always be this one:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Portuguese wrestler. She did a few tours in Stardom in 2016 and 2017. She and Shida only wrestled once before from what I can find, some time back in 2016. Shanna looks like she has improved since her torus in Stardom.

She looked so much improved since I saw her last a year or two ago. That was solid.

That Undertale video sequel made me sad but it was a cool way of playing up Kenny's year and with an emphatic rejection as he likely "turns it around" and enters the title picture after beating Mokusuri. It was a subtle way of explaining why he wouldn't be the top guy right away even though he still feels incomplete without Kota. ? Mox's promo was very well done.

Fun show. That jet looked like it was from '87 too. Please don't die in that thing, Rhodes boys. The heat Santana and Ortiz got for that Bischoff'ing Morton was awesome! The attack on Dustin was pretty fucking rad but would've been GOAT level had he shouted "MAKE IT GOOD!" before Hager slammed it. Main event had a lot of fun stuff, some silly stuff like the table selling and that armbreaker or whatever it was Fenix and Kaz fucked up. Wrong team won but I understand wanting to use this to get Scorp over but Penta/Fenix were the team to establish the belts.

That was also the best Sammy looked in AEW. He's really establishing himself as a smug prick and weaving that into his work. The slap off the top was nuts.

• Like 1

I half-watched and eventually slept through most of this so need to it watch it again, but:

This had a lot of weird shit in it. The video game thing completely baffled me. The looooong segment of Tony and Cody just talking. Rick and Morty cosplay, Street Fighter cosplay (yes I know it is Halloween). I kind of felt like a confused old person, maybe I needed that nap.

EDIT: (watching replay) Hold up. Everyone talks about Kenny knocking out a tooth and then A REF KICKS A WHITE THING ON THE MAT OUT OF THE RING. Daaaaaamn.

Edited by Curt McGirt