DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 10/30/19 Judge(s) Dredd

LoneWolf&Subs

19 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I remember NXT had a string of great contract signings until that Finn Balor, and Samoa Joe one(I think). I just remembered that was when most people turned on Finn at that point. Well regardless how it fell apart before that they always came up new interesting ways to brawl, or not brawl.

The problem with that contract signing was the lack of real lawyers. They were asking for too much suspension of disbelief. 

17 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The problem with that contract signing was the lack of real lawyers. They were asking for too much suspension of disbelief. 

Oh come on. You poop on Cody for that tweet, but let me tell you, the greatest contract signings were in WCW. Where they had the Turner network, and sometimes Hogan’s legit lawyers on camera hamming it up in front of WCW fans. I’m hoping this is the same. He should’ve worded it better is all.

Edit: This is the best...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CLAXhkzhon4

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

Jericho vs Cody enters the last 2 minutes of their 60 minute match. 

Cody has been dominating...Jericho is a bloody mess. Cody has had most of the offense...but suddenly...

Jericho puts Cody in the Walls of Jericho...

50 seconds left to go in the match....

40 seconds to go...

If Cody just survives the submission he will for sure win on the judges scorecards. 

30 seconds to go..

20 seconds to go...

What?......what is this????

Cody’s 2nd in his corner has thrown in the towel.

More like Cody’s 2nd has thrown in his scarf.

Ref has no choice but to end the match and winner is Jericho.

MJF has cost Cody his world championship.

MJF argues he was just trying to save his friend from serious pain and injury.

The Shadow knows..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

Jericho vs Cody enters the last 2 minutes of their 60 minute match. 

Cody has been dominating...Jericho is a bloody mess. Cody has had most of the offense...but suddenly...

Jericho puts Cody in the Walls of Jericho...

50 seconds left to go in the match....

40 seconds to go...

If Cody just survives the submission he will for sure win on the judges scorecards. 

30 seconds to go..

20 seconds to go...

What?......what is this????

Cody’s 2nd in his corner has thrown in the towel.

More like Cody’s 2nd has thrown in his scarf.

Ref has no choice but to end the match and winner is Jericho.

MJF has cost Cody his world championship.

MJF argues he was just trying to save his friend from serious pain and injury.

The Shadow knows..

I’ve gotta admit, that’s pretty good.

I enjoyed all the Halloween stuff tonight, it wasn't too overdone. Kenny Omega coming out to Megalovania. Bucks in Street Fighter outfits. Best Friends doing Rick and Morty for the squash. All that was fine.

I think the Tony/Cody limo segment was a bit weird. Felt like it went on a bit too long. Like is Tony Cody's manager or what? He was acting like it. I think I misunderstood Cody talking about his mom being at the show. I thought she was going to be there tonight and the Inner Circle was going to abduct her. Beat down on Dustin was better. Good visuals with his head denting the limo. I enjoyed Hager just stoically smashing Dustin's arm with the door.

Main event. I mean I'm fine with SCU winning the belts, but I got the sense from the crowd that Lucha Bros. probably should've won? I think Kazarian didn't sell that table spot quite well enough. Like he made it back in and was able to quickly help with the save and looked like he hadn't even gone through that table. Also, I hope Kazarian's head and neck are alright because it looks like he took the brunt of that hurricarana to the outside.

This could just be me but I'm starting to see a habit of heels or what have you interrupting the interviews like with the Rock n Roll express. I would've let it play out a little bit more before they got attacked. I know they are building to LAX vs. Bucks, but it seemed a little pointless just to have Rock N Roll Express brought out to TV just to have them get beaten down.

Whatevs, a good show nonetheless.

There’s little thing problems with the show that could be pretty easily fixed and some tonal shifts that don’t quite work.

Sammy losing there seemed odd especially with him coming back later. Why doesn’t he get back up from the other guys in the stable?

The Jericho-Cody angle is still the best thing they have going.  The ode to the Cruncher is a gimmick that never gets old.  But this is why the Dustin-Sonny Kiss paring didn’t make a lot of sense to me.  Sonny wouldn’t add anything to this sort of stuff.

Moxley coming out right after Kenny’s segment seemed like poor timing.  He comes off very intense to me but Kenny is dressing like a character from Undertale.  The Janella match was supposed to bring up Omega’s intensity but I don’t think it did.  And what the heck was that video game stuff at the introduction?  

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Man, I sure wish they didn't get so many digs in at WWE during the contact signing... /s

Another good show. Hell of a promo by Moxley.

I LOVED the callback to the Enforcers breaking Barry Windham's hand in the car door with Dustin/Hager.

This week's show, like every other week flew by. I remember looking at the clock and it was already 9:30. While it made sense with SCU avenging Daniels injury, I'm surprised they won the titles. I thought the Lucha Bros. would win to set up a future program with Proud & Powerful.

The video at the beginning of the Elite's entrance seemed to hint at Marty, but threw me off at the end with the logo that looked like the New Japan lion, which would seem to hint at Kota.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

She’s really, really good. I assume these two worked with each other in the past judging by the chemistry.

It’s the best I’ve seen out of their women’s division.  I’d build around these two ASAP and move away from the people they’ve featured thus far.

• Like 2

Another great episode.  I loved the NWA/WCW throwbacks... the jet intro,  the powerbomb off the stage, the limo interview and the smashed hand in car door. All awesome and all perfectly logical. AEW does tributes really well. 

The woman's match may be the best one they have had so far. The rest of the matches were entertaining. My least favorite match for the show was the 6 man tag. The main event was entertaining but I wanted the Lucha Bros to win. I may be entering the AEW bubble. 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Goodear said:

There’s little thing problems with the show that could be pretty easily fixed and some tonal shifts that don’t quite work.

I didn’t really notice much, but the things that did bug me were... The 2nd Cody segment with Tony in the limo being shown to the live crowd. WCW used to do that, but this one should’ve just been for the TV audience, unless Cody wanted to ham it up like Flair. The Rick & Morty Cross promotion stuff match. I mean it came off better than Sin Cara x Scooby Doo, but I’m not a fan of that stuff. The length of that Tag Tilte Match, and the lack of build-up for it on the show(Lucha Bros should’ve won too). But otherwise I thought it was your now typical well paced episode of Dynamite.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1