DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 10/18/13

victor

Why isn't Big E on TV every week on 15 minute matches? Why is Axel-something, Ryback and other jabronis pushed over him? Can't he talk or something? Motherfucker's awesome.

"Who's the rookie now?!" was pretty cool.

Do I really need to go back and watch old NXT to get me some Langston?

Big E. rules. Yes, go watch old NXT with him. He's really fun. He can talk, too. He has a total weirdo sense-of-humor. His Twitter feed is great.

I have to watch Smackdown piecemeal but, uhm, that Divas match was REALLY good. Really big ups to Brie Bella for stepping up. She sold her arm really well and had some good looking offense. She didn't use her bandaged arm in a move once. The finisher was a bit off but that was because the spacing between AJ and Brie wasn't quite there but that's super nitpicky of me. This was really solid. I loved AJ's trash talk. "Are you okay, Brie? I THINK SHE'S FINE!" and her skip "This is why I'm the champ."The feud is making sense now. AJ's clearly the heel (with a very understandable point of view) and Brie's Daniel's fiance and The Authority has it out for her. I really liked this match.

Crowd sucked. Looked like Bryan got the weakest reaction I've seen in months, and poor Miz couldn't even get the 10 punches in the corner over.

This is true, disappointing turn out in KC, which is normally a lot better. The entire upper deck of the Sprint Center was blacked out, as well as everything between the stage and hard cameras. I'd be surprised if there were even 7500 in attendance. It should be noted that this was originally supposed to be a Raw, but they switched it around for some reason in mid-July. I'm guessing that was a big part of the poor attendance since everyone at the last Raw in May probably bought their tickets that same week using the arena-only password. I knew a guy who had to sell off his front row seats due to the schedule change.

Yeah, this was a pretty good Smackdown. Big E ruling it, "the kidnappers are here", Matadores and Torito being super over, Maddox taking one for the team, the Del Rio promo (shockingly good for a change), and the nutty powerbomb into Goldust and over the table were all high points. I want to see Big E vs. Mark Henry yesterday. 

Finally caught the rest of SD. Friggin' great. I loved Zeb on commentary tonight. So friggin' funny. I loved him claiming El Torito was held against his will. El Torito goring Zeb was so awesome.And it's yet another Shield 6-Man Thriller. So much great stuff in this one. I loved all the dickish little stuff The Shield do so much. Ambrose taunting Cody after his shoulder bump, Rollins stepping on Cody's fingers when he was reaching for the tag, etc. Dean's earring just adds to his human garbage factor. The powerbomb stuff with Rollins was golden. Great, great, great match. That Survivor Series match we're all hoping for is going to be a total thriller.

Agree with the sentiment that the show was very good on the whole, but the Del Rio promo did nothing for me. Even though he's been an arrogant heel for the vast majority of his WWE run, I cannot buy him thinking that he's above John Cena. Now, if he spent the promo bragging about how dangerous he is and backed it up with a video package highlighting the dudes he has put out of action, I would have enjoyed it and maybe bought that Del Rio actually has a chance. Now, I think there is significant squash potential (and frankly, think it may be a good move to put Cena's comeback over).

It was a fun little match. That X-Factor Brie used to win was nasty. The thing that makes me laugh is AJ works over the left arm, yet when it comes time to do her Widows Kiss (or what ever it's called), she does it on the right arm. From a logic standpoint it makes no sense. But I <3 AJ, so I forgive her.

AJ getting carried out by Tamina had me cracking up after the match was over.

Why isn't Big E on TV every week on 15 minute matches? Why is Axel-something, Ryback and other jabronis pushed over him? Can't he talk or something? Motherfucker's awesome. "Who's the rookie now?!" was pretty cool. Do I really need to go back and watch old NXT to get me some Langston?

A couple of good bits of Big E from NXT/FCW (plus random wackiness) for you.

Big E vs Cesaro from FCW - fun little match, both guys look great. Regal isso good at getting people over on commentary, I think he just needs to soundthat bit more confident and surely they could use him on the main shows.

http://youtu.be/frtRLgaTjbI 

Big E vs Bo from FCW. Big E beals Bo at one point and he nearly lands on hishead. Then later, he throws him from a powerslam straight on his damn face.Regal fantasy books Mark Henry taking Big E under his wing as his mentor;"imagine how unstoppable he would be then". I love you William Regal. Finish iscraptacular. God, I hate Bo Rotundo. That dude is complete money as a heel,because I utterly despise him and I can't really say why.

Camacho tries to cash in the NXT 5k bounty on Big E's head. Camacho is a dudeI like a lot too, but he gets smashed here. This shows how over the `5' thingwas in NXT. It should be as big as `YES'.

Big E vs poor Chad Baxter. Did he do the three backbreakers vs Punk? Ihaven't seen the whole match. When he did that with utter ease on Kane in hisfirst WWE match, I freaked out.

http://youtu.be/5Tu_C51Ss0c 

The John Cena gym promo from the first Mania match with The Rock. Big E cameoff like such a future star in this, dude has presence.

.....aaaand more Big E

Big E and his My Little Pony obsession amongst other things. The Bray Wyattstuff kills me every time.

Wacky promo with Damian Sandow.
Big E vs DB from the night after Mania. It's easy to look good vs Bryan, butthis match is how Big E should have been treated the whole time. I think hismomentum really fell victim to the Ziggler de-push.

I loved the Torito/Zeb stuff. It was awesome. The main event was also very good. As so Big E, Cena is one of his biggest pushers behind the scenes, so when Cena disappeared for a time so did Big E, so with Cena back so is Big E's push.