DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 10/18/13

victor

I hope the main event is as good as the one on Raw. Matthews & Maddox both got knocked out:

WWE will tape this week's WWE SmackDown from the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Missouri. Here are the results. 

Dark match 

* Darren Young and Titus O'Neil defeat Los Matadores 

WWE SmackDown 

* SmackDown opens with Vickie Guerrero and Brad Maddox together. They talk about what Big Show did at the end of RAW on Monday. Daniel Bryan comes out to a big pop. Big Show's music hits but he doesn't come out. The say he's banned from the arena tonight. WWE Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes and Goldust are out next. Maddox and Vickie make The Shield vs. Bryan, Rhodes and Goldust for tonight's main event. 

* Luke Harper and Erick Rowan defeated The Miz and Kofi Kingston in a solid tag team match. Bray Wyatt watched the match from his rocking chair. 

* Brie Bella defeated AJ Lee in a non-title match. 

* Big Show comes to the ring through the crowd and says he's filed a lawsuit against Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. Maddox and Vickie come back out to confront him. Show says he has nothing to lose and hits Maddox with the knockout punch. 

* CM Punk defeated Big E Langston. 

* Josh Mathews interviews World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio in the ring about his match with John Cena at Hell In a Cell. Cena appears on the big screen and upsets Del Rio. Del Rio ends up taking Mathews out. 

* The Usos defeated Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro when Los Matadores came out with El Torito to distract The Real Americans. 

* Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes and Goldust defeated The Shield in the main event.

Face Big E. has a lot of potential. The guy has a total weirdo sense of humor that could get over really well.

Also, uh, that main event? AHHHHH! The Shield vs. any three faces is golden. But The Shield vs. BRYAN AND THE RHODES BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Face Big E. has a lot of potential. The guy has a total weirdo sense of humor that could get over really well.

Big E was running around as a face in NXT at the same time they were pushing face Ryback to the moon and it was clear who the better of the 2 was. The 5 count gimmick was over HUGE down in Florida.

If Langston is face does that mean he and Ziggler are friends again? What about his bff in AJ?

• Like 1

Opening dark match was Los Locales, not Los Matadores. One of the Locales was definitely Ricardo, the other one looked like Tyler Breeze, but I wasn't 100% sure.

Before Heyman sent Axel and Ryback to attack Punk, he made some snarky comments about Punk's moderately impressive win over a "mediocre NXT-division" talent like Langston, which helped spur the turn. Cool moment that wasn't expected.

Main event had another awesome finishing run. The dark main was Bryan and Orton, then Bryan did the "we love you all" go home promo.

If anyone cares about the Main Event spoilers, here's those:

Ambrose d. Ziggler  to retain the US title. 

Santino and Tons of Funk d. 3MB

Khali d. Fandango

Sandow d. R-Truth.

The spoilers I read (on 411mania) said Big E. saved Punk from a Ryback/Axel beatdown after the match, thus turning face.

If this gets us to Big E vs. Ryback and ultimately Big E vs. Brock I am ALL IN. Also a fine choice for Intercontinental Champion if need be.

It would if he is allowed to be funny. But remember, everytime Brad Maddox actaually does something entertaining, old-ass Vince panics and goes, "What the fuck? He sounds nothing like Bob Hope! Have the announcers talk over him!"

• Like 1

She ditched him for Tamina. He's been giving Tamina tips over twitter to keep her happy.

Seriously - I don't think there is a single person I like more in wrestling right now than Big E

• Like 2

I know Brock has lost against the same old big names (and was all but beat by Punk) but him putting over a new guy would be huge for that person. I always thought it should be Sheamus or Big E but Sheamus doesn't need it really. Big E rules and could easily be the sort of kick ass face that lots of people seem to miss.

• Like 1

You can always tell you're stuck in mid-card hell when you are tagging with a guy who kicked your fucking face in.

Also, the Shield has been untouchable for like a year. Seems about time for some return for the investment.

• Like 1