DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The Divorce King's Court - 10/28/2019

Dolfan in NYC

5 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

Better mist sell:

Also, I don't think the angle is getting Rusev over, Rusev gets over on his own despite the shit they give him.  Imagine if they actually got behind him.

Don't get yourself over. See: Zack Ryder. It's annoying as the fans want to support Rusev even when he's stuck with shit storylines. 

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It's just too bad Kairi and Asuka are saddled with Becky Cena. 

Yeah, I had no issue with her beating Kairi, but it was overkill also having her beat both of them up beforehand, as the feud heads towards her beating Asuka too cause apparently she needs 'revenge' for Asuka beating her at the Rumble even though from the way Asuka disappeared off TV afterwards, it was pretty transparent the whole point was so Becky could then win the Rumble on one leg later that night. Her booking is really something, and its basically been like this for eighteen months now.

1 hour ago, RIShane said:

Yeah, I had no issue with her beating Kairi, but it was overkill also having her beat both of them up beforehand, as the feud heads towards her beating Asuka too cause apparently she needs 'revenge' for Asuka beating her at the Rumble even though from the way Asuka disappeared off TV afterwards, it was pretty transparent the whole point was so Becky could then win the Rumble on one leg later that night. Her booking is really something, and its basically been like this for eighteen months now.

Don't get me wrong, I like strong babyface asskickers. But like you said they've gone way over the top with it.  Asuka by herself is supposed to be one of the most dangerous women on the roster.  Becky easily disposing of both her AND Kairi Sane a former NXT women's champion.....    stinks.   It's the kind of thing that WWE doesn't seem to understand anymore. 

Asskicker is good and gets over. See: Roman Reigns currently. 

Babyface that always overcomes ridiculous odds is not good and will kill the character. 

• Like 1

giphy.gif

source.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

source.gif

it's not Becky Lynch. it's the position on the card, and the promotional philosophy of this company.

we are always but one night of food poisoning induced fever dreaming away from Vince McMahon suddenly deciding that No Way Jose Vs. Elias is the blood feud that will launch a million new network subscriptions and needs to headline Wrestlemanias 36 37 AND 38, or that Liv Morgan is the next mainstream crossover Wrestling Icon, and should that actually happen Morgan will be winning weekly 8 on 1 handicap matches by tapout while Lynch plummets from champion to jobber to catering hell to racist skits with Hornswoggle and a pot of gold fans can enter to win a scoop of by like-and-retweeting the WWE's pet hashtag of the week faster than you can say BILLIE KAY SCHOOL OF JOURNALISM while we fantasy book Livmania's never-coming heel turn until the day we die.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think I remember HBK being booked as an "overcome all the odds" type champion but I was out on WWE during that run.   Yeah obviously Hogan and other babyfaces had that type of booking and it worked but I don't think it works like it used to.  Cena was successful but not nearly as successful as those previously and Roman Reigns was not successful, though he had a lot of issues beyond that type of booking, he also suffered from Brock Lesnar "part time champion" booking. 

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Don't get me wrong, I like strong babyface asskickers. But like you said they've gone way over the top with it.  Asuka by herself is supposed to be one of the most dangerous women on the roster.  Becky easily disposing of both her AND Kairi Sane a former NXT women's champion.....    stinks.   It's the kind of thing that WWE doesn't seem to understand anymore. 

Asskicker is good and gets over. See: Roman Reigns currently. 

Babyface that always overcomes ridiculous odds is not good and will kill the character. 

Right, plus the difference with say Stone Cold is that there was always Vince as the foil trying to screw him, and sometimes it even worked, which in turn created easy motivation for revenge. Becky by contrast has commentators and on-air figures fawning over her and wearing her merch (see for example Road Dogg when he appeared on Raw earlier this year), and gets booked so incredibly strong that there isn’t really any suspense and no one comes out of a Becky feud being elevated. Indeed, they often get taken off TV for several weeks afterwards. 

• Like 1

1.) They shouldn't have asked/order Paige to do it in the first place.

2.) Asuka's green mist clearly doesn't have the power of Great Muta's, she has to manually regurgitate it from her venom glands with her hand for it to have its true strength.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, King Leonidas Of Sparta said:

1.) They shouldn't have asked/order Paige to do it in the first place.

2.) Asuka's green mist clearly doesn't have the power of Great Muta's, she has to manually regurgitate it from her venom glands with her hand for it to have its true strength.

or at least positioned the skit where she could be properly assisted, like this:

this is post car-wreck, obviously, so Dillon is there to safely guide Magnum to ground under the pretense of a waistlock.

• Like 1

Ah, that Punk podcast. Everything comes around. "That Rusev guy" meekly telling Punk he'll stomp him in the corner in the Rumble and Punk responding in Gorilla that he needs to hit him with something cool because they don't give a fuck about him and he has to take his spots when he gets 'em. That turned out so well... 

And if anyone EVER EVER EVER tries to talk about how they care about the talent instead of just covering their asses (thankfully we're smarter around here), I'm just writing "Punk podcast" and walking away. That is the only reason Paige didn't bump. 

I don't mind asskicking babyfaces coming out like a house on fire and cleaning house of the heels, even when outnumbered. But it shouldn't be a sustained advantage...either the heels retreat and it ends or the heels eventually turn the tide and take control because of the numbers advantage.