DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The Divorce King's Court - 10/28/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I liked that they broke the Kabuki Warriors away from Paige, but I hated the way she sold the mist.

I get she can't bump for it or anything, but she could've at least screamed and/or pretended to be afraid. The way she sold it was like a rich girl who was annoyed the waiter spilled something on her at a restaurant.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Random thoughts: If Humberto didn't work at 1/2 speed he'd be a force. 

Preach. Was especially glaring last night when he was going up for the headbutt. Looked like he didn't quite have his feet under him and AJ was really waiting there. Blessedly, the headbutt looked great. Dude has a lot of potential, and I hope it comes together for him. I like that they're giving him these big matches. 

I only watched the first and last matches. Representative of a trend lately, there was way too much overselling a big kick-out. Humberto did it like three times in his match, and Becky looked like she was having an existential crisis when Kairi kicked out after the leg drop. It sucks and it should be dialed way back. Of course they're probably coaching it into them, so we're screwed. 

Loved the finish to AJ-Humberto with the shoulder block into the calf crusher. AJ continues to look like a stud. No notes. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, steve said:

I liked that they broke the Kabuki Warriors away from Paige, but I hated the way she sold the mist.

I get she can't bump for it or anything, but she could've at least screamed and/or pretended to be afraid. The way she sold it was like a rich girl who was annoyed the waiter spilled something on her at a restaurant.

I agree. She could've fallen against the ropes and used them as support as she fell to the mat and writhed in pain. But instead, she treated it more like she got shampoo in her eyes in the shower. 

PettyZealousGilamonster-size_restricted.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, steve said:

“Ow. I can’t see. It stings. Ow.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Casey said:

Which is the appropriate response for having liquid sprayed into your eyes. Not flailing around on the ground like a fish out of water.

Yeah, the green mist is just “liquid,” not a powerful toxin capable of blinding another human people. 

• Thanks 1

I was under the impression that the flailing post-mist is to sell panic rather than direct pain, fearfully realizing one is blind and defenseless and about to get hurt by whatever the dastardly mist spitting heel is going to do next and being unable to brace for impact

(that and playing to the back row for clarity, anyway)

• Like 1

Having somebody do you wrong and then repeatedly make up lies/excuses about why they did you wrong was probably more relatable than quite a few WWE storylines lately.

As for ratings and breakdowns, short of knowing quarterhours, blaming the thing that went on the last 10-15 minutes of the 3rd hour for the 3rd hour continuing to sink in ratings might not be exactly honest. Especially since the expectations for that segment were low enough that what happened was considered the good kind of car crash TV.

Also, the quickest way to make that last segment better, in a B movie sense, would have involved getting Jerry Springer from whatever the fuck he's doing now to assume the Lawler role in that segment. Lana/Rusev essentially doing a Jerry Springer show tribute is gonna connect more right now than Humberto Carrillo. 

37 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Man, Paige can at least fall on her ass and wave her arms around, I'm sure. I'm not asking her to take a headkick from Asuka or something.

Can she? Probably. Does WWE want to take that 1-1,000 chance that she does and injures herself and they are held liable? No.