DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The Divorce King's Court - 10/28/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I'm kind of pissed. My DVR screwed up around 20 minutes in about 2/3 through Kairi/Becky. I ended up missing nearly half of Raw. Was there anything worthwhile in that first half outside of Kairi/Becky? 

Managed to catch form the Viking Raiders and on.

Seth/Rowan was pretty solid though I have trouble enjoying Seth matches even when they are well done. I was really hoping Harper would show up to help Rowan murder Seth. I do hope stuff like that dick moment ending with the forklift driver is at least leading to a heel turn for Seth.

Humberto/AJ was pretty darn good though Carillo felt off compared to AJ.

Who was the chick with Sin Cara?

The whole Rusev/Lana/Lashley angle is pretty much like the Shorty G shit with Gable on Smackdown. It is fucking terrible, but I can't deny its actually getting Rusev over. Of course it wouldn't be necessary had the struck while the iron was hot during Rusev day in the first damn place.

Edited by Eivion

4 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

hey, ballshots are lethal in Mexico, maybe they watched CMLL to gather spot ideas

Weren't they trying to buy CMLL a couple months ago? Vince always has been the take what you need kinda businessman. 

I skipped this show. Nothing about it beforehand screamed to me "this is worth investing 3 hours into". I see I made the right decision. I wonder if someone had to explain what sex addiction is Vince.

Poor Rusev. I hope at this point he doesn't resign. Go to Japan and be the new Hansen or something.

Forgot about the Viking squash. I wonder how many Baseball Furies there have been in the indies over the years since The Warriors came out. That forearm one of the Vikings threw was something else, though they should have beat their asses more, and made them put on White Sox tees. 

7 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

I don't usually offend easily and I expect racially charged angles done in poor taste to crop up in pro wrestling, but this was pushing it.

Let's just feed into every stereotype about black men that has ever been.

Rusev and Lashley are both shooters.  They should be tagging together, beating the shit out of little guys, and giving The Viking War Experience Machine someone interesting to feud with that can match them size for size and move for move.

This singles angle is garbage.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

Who was the chick with Sin Cara?

Catalina Garcia.

Outside of the whole Paige/Kabuki Warriors/Becky section, not much else interesting on this Raw for me. At least the IIconics escaped catering finally. 

• Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

It's pretty accurate because the fans like, Rusev, continue to take it like the big geeks that they are and continue to smile like geeks through it all.

Whomever is still watching this kinda deserves what they get, especially those buying tickets to this crap. With so many better options out there, nobody actually needs WWE.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Whomever is still watching this kinda deserves what they get, especially those buying tickets to this crap. With so many better options out there, nobody actually needs WWE.

WUM spotted.

19 hours ago, notoriusvig said:

Last night's Rusev angle might be one of the worst in the company's history.  I can't think of much worse.  Maybe Katie Vick.  So much cringe.

Is it even the worst angle the company has run in the past few months?  I feel like the Mike/Maria cuckold angle might give them a run for that title.  

Granted, that's a bit like debating whether or not the toxic sludge your company is illegally dumping is worse than the radioactive waste they were dumping a few months back.

Edited by Whodathunkit
  • Like 1